Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by John Doucakis
I highly doubt it has the new shocks as the cylinder cap of the black shocks on the Cyclone are round, where as the new HPI shocks have a squarish cylinder cap:

ignoring the top cap which the pictures don't clearly show (other than the height, which look like the old caps), the pictures do clearly show the colour of the shock body matches the new coated shocks, and they also clearly show a black cap on the bottom of the shock body, which the original shocks didnt have...

if they did keep the older top cap theres probably a good reason for it, such as the lack of an oil bleed hole in the new ones which was pretty usefull
Old 07-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axel
before and after

just one question...what was the meaning of changing that flat aluminum piece on the upper deck to a rounder one?
may be this round aluminium is used for easy change pinion but one thing is i feel that the CG will be higher compare to the straight aluminium dont you guy think so?
Old 07-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

some more HPI/ hotbodies will hinking that in future maybe Sanyo or Panasonic will be create bigger cell and large capacity cell so i may be easy to install the battery instead of stuck with the straight aluminium
Old 07-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Couldnt it be just for symmetrical looks?
Old 07-13-2005, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ok i havent been on this thread for a while cuz i have been looking at the 415 for my frist belt car but with the huge price of 200 conversion to the MSX from MS which is already ungodly expensive i have switched back to looking at the cyclone.

i only looked a page back and i saw, i think, axel had to pics side by side and one was the car i rememebr seeing and no i see the other one with alot more black peices. is that the production verson??? cuz if they kinda uglied it up for the price they are asking. i like the more purple in the other one, makes it seem more hoped up and like the 415

next i wanted to ask whats the word on pricing now and release date. i havent look into the cyclone in a while and last i remember hearing is was like $600 and late july realease. so tell if its the same or has it changed, i know i could probably go looking back and finding out but i went a page back and that is far enough for more

thanks for the help

Last edited by fjm9898; 07-13-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think the rear bulkhead was changed mostly for looks.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was told release date is by September
Old 07-13-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by domo
ignoring the top cap which the pictures don't clearly show (other than the height, which look like the old caps), the pictures do clearly show the colour of the shock body matches the new coated shocks, and they also clearly show a black cap on the bottom of the shock body, which the original shocks didnt have...

if they did keep the older top cap theres probably a good reason for it, such as the lack of an oil bleed hole in the new ones which was pretty usefull
must be a new cap... I tried putting the old caps on and it does not fit
Old 07-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Initiate

I have to say i like the black (stealth) look to the bulkheads, its just a shame the turnbuckles/drive shafts/suspension mounts are still purple, that spoils the look of it to me, it should all be black
Old 07-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

just curious who here either met hara or surikarn and asked about their car? Or actually saw this car in action in person?
Old 07-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

just curious who here either met hara or surikarn and asked about their car? Or actually saw this car in action in person?

i did
Old 07-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hapiya
i did
what they say?
Old 07-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Tom
Tech Regular

What do you guys think about the diffs?

I hope you can get a machined delrin version (like the new one on the pro 4) or its include. Also, the pully looks like its straigth of my pro 2, (my last HPI), but maybe a bit bigger.

I think the right bulkhead is to get at the pinion and won't lift the cg any higher. Look at the side view, its only the hight of the motor.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan Reynolds
I have to say i like the black (stealth) look to the bulkheads, its just a shame the turnbuckles/drive shafts/suspension mounts are still purple, that spoils the look of it to me, it should all be black
According to Hara, the purple turnbuckles on his car were option parts. That leaves 2 posibilties, they are steel, or black titanium/aluminium. I would say probably titanium.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

what they say?
he said the rounding of the rear bulkhead was to absorb the energy from front & rear impacts ... the straight design caused the upper deck to shatter and it tweaks the chassis at the same time .. all of this discovered during some high speed crash testing ... i wish i could do it for em ..

if i remembered correctly he said the turnbuckles are titanium .. i expressed my concern to hara about how long the turnbuckle is from the steering plate to the hub carrier ..he replied ' don't worry, it's very strong and it won't bent unless u have very big accident ..'

i didn't ask him if the 2005pro4 suspension will be on the cyclone ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.