TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by powerjames
I found the same thing with the Orion. It appears to be a just a hair larger than the other batteries - ProTek 4250 I run.
I space my waterfall up 1mm and also shaved some of the front battery compartment so my battery would slide in easier.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys. Really struggling with getting the buggy to steer at the moment. I'm struggling with both off power steering and on power steering. I'm running kit setup with my battery spaced 10mm of the waterfall. We run on medium grip clay.

Iv got a front and rear low frequency spring set on the way to help tune with.

Any suggestions in how to get more steering.

Would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ChrisUU; 07-31-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:19 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisUU
Hey guys. Really struggling with getting the buggy to steer at the moment. I'm struggling with both off power steering and on power steering. I'm running kit setup with my battery spaced 10mm of the waterfall. We run on medium grip clay.

Try this setup, and use the LF silver front spring and LR White rear spring.

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...2016-01-24.pdf

Last edited by Frank Root; 07-31-2016 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Forgot the link
Old 07-31-2016, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisUU

Maybe counter intuitive but long arm helped me a bunch with steering. I would definitely try it. I am running white Kyo all way around. But about to stiffen rear.

Also I found moving battery forward second foam thickness in TLR Kit helped and didn't hurt bite off.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks frank. I'll definitely give that setup a try when my springs arrive.

I haven't tested the long Arm, but I will this week.

The car still generates a ton of rear grip so I could probably still go further forward with the battery.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Yeah the Orion batteries have to be snapped in place. If you have a ton of rear grip, move your battery all the way forward and try 2.5* rear toe.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Anyone have the part number for the popular yokomo green rear spring
Old 08-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
Anyone have the part number for the popular yokomo green rear spring
Here you go, bud.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/yokomo-...-a1200/p417650

Let us know how you like it.

The Losi LF set is also great to have for the rear. I like having the Losi Pink, White and Yellow handy for medium grip like clay.

Kyosho Gold are also in that area. I ended up with one setup that was very similar to what Frank posted but with Kyosho Gold all the way around 1.6x2 piston front, 1.7x2 rear; 32.5 front, 35 rear.

I'd start with Frank's setup though if you're on clay and then start playing with springs, etc. That's why it's nice having the Losi LF set around to fine tune.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Frank, Any plans for a laydown plastic idler gear and a molded gear case?
Old 08-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Has anyone made or tried a CF chassis for this car? I like the aluminum on it, but just curious. Seems like it could be a tuning option, or weight saving option for stock.
Yes, and i love mine. It has quite a bit of flex but on a mid to high grip track its superb.

The chassis are made by RC10nick and he sells them from his facebook page. It uses an exotek kickup plate from the old exo22 conversion on the 2.0
Old 08-07-2016, 04:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Anyone have links to maifield's or evans cars in laydown? Wanna see how they are doing their wiring
Old 08-09-2016, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It's been a while since I have been able to get to the track. I know there's a lot of locals on here. What's the hot setup for OCRC 17.5?
Old 08-09-2016, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cjcoffroad
It's been a while since I have been able to get to the track. I know there's a lot of locals on here. What's the hot setup for OCRC 17.5?
Start with what Frank Root posted a few posts above (see the link).

I've observed several variations:

Some people are running AE White Spring front, AE Green Spring rear (maybe that's what Frank's setup shows per spring weight; not sure, but you can check spring rates on the wall at OCRC in the shop).

I know someone running Kyosho Gold F/R; 1.6x2 F/R, and 32.5, 30 F/R. She looks very fast.

I am running Kyosho Gold F/R; 1.6x2 F, 1.7x2 R, 30 F, 32.5 R. Very easy to drive.

Frank, ever try anything similar to the above and any thoughts?

Anyway, there are several people running this car at OCRC and most if not all will be glad to help you setup your car or give you their thoughts but start with what Frank posted so you'll have a good starting point when you arrive.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:07 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Start with what Frank Root posted a few posts above (see the link).

I've observed several variations:

Some people are running AE White Spring front, AE Green Spring rear (maybe that's what Frank's setup shows per spring weight; not sure, but you can check spring rates on the wall at OCRC in the shop).

I know someone running Kyosho Gold F/R; 1.6x2 F/R, and 32.5, 30 F/R. She looks very fast.

I am running Kyosho Gold F/R; 1.6x2 F, 1.7x2 R, 30 F, 32.5 R. Very easy to drive.

Frank, ever try anything similar to the above and any thoughts?

Anyway, there are several people running this car at OCRC and most if not all will be glad to help you setup your car or give you their thoughts but start with what Frank posted so you'll have a good starting point when you arrive.
I've played with the springs a bit. Right now, I have an AE white front spring, with a TLR LF white rear. Sometimes, I run the AE Green rear. I don't like the Kyosho springs as much as those in the rear. I know some guys like the Kyosho gold front springs, but every time I try it, it kills the front end and I don't have enough steering - for me at least.

#Full Disclosure
Old 08-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Wrong thread sorry

Last edited by raved007; 08-11-2016 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.