Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree28Likes

CRC F1

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I noticed yesterday getting some track time with my WTF1 that it seemed to Diff out and when I entered on to the straight and hit the Throttle it pulled to the left which was the outside wall. I checked the Diff and it was pretty tight like a pan car diff should be. I thought this car would run like my WGT, so what do I need to do.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Rubber tires have a limited amount of traction in pancars. If you are expecting it to be like WGT in the way it handles, even in the best setup f1,you will be disappointed.You may have a setup issue but these car have a limit in comparison to foam cars. I learned that running back to back 1/12 to f1 rubber. Had to adjust my driving style slightly.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by waltss2k
I noticed yesterday getting some track time with my WTF1 that it seemed to Diff out and when I entered on to the straight and hit the Throttle it pulled to the left which was the outside wall. I checked the Diff and it was pretty tight like a pan car diff should be. I thought this car would run like my WGT, so what do I need to do.
I set the diff on my WTF1 the same way as my WGT. Which is just tight enough not to move the spur gear when I hold both rear tyres. And it's as smooth as butter

I'd check the rear pod droop. If for some reason you have too little or no droop it will do nasty things to the handling.

Also worth checking the car is not tweaked side to side. Check the length of both front king pins - I measure from the top of the brass ball to the e-clip. Make sure they are the same length side to side. Then the coin drop test on the front wheels, adjusting the side springs as needed.

Hope that helps?
Mark
Old 03-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Today, I received the Tamiya TA06 Chassis Ballast Weight (P/N 54401) that I described in an earlier post. Although the ballast weight was described everywhere as being 50 gm, it was actually 55 gm (and marked as being that).

Took about 15 minutes to install it under the shorty battery, ESC and receiver in my WTF-1. Fit perfectly and is held in place by a single screw that also holds the rear battery stop in place (drilled one hole for screw). Took the car up to 1051 gm with an additional 12 gm on the top of the shorty pack. Perfectly balanced side to side too.

Here is a picture showing the plate without the battery being in place.

Now, if I could only drive this thing...LOL

Bill
Attached Thumbnails CRC F1-20150302_210558.jpg  
Old 03-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have a feeling this may be the solution for that wicked rear end Bill!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racenut123
I have a feeling this may be the solution for that wicked rear end Bill!
Hi John,

As the rear tires wore, the wicked rear end thing went away. Just the new tires I suppose; plus, the right rear not being mounted very round...Who did that? Oops! Me.

Bill
Old 03-03-2015, 12:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default ETS Tires, shorter King Pins, Understeer

We have a CRC WTF1 Team here in central europe.
We had some problems with the king pins fitting into the Ride ETS Front wheels and had to shorten them about 3mm on the upper thread, tried 12th king pins, but they are too short. Is there anything between the kit's king pins and the 12th's scale king pins?

The Ride tires are so bad for the car, making it understeer and push on the front and spinning the diff out on the rear.

We just made a set of battery transversal parts for the car and it seems to eliminate those 2 problems nearly totally with good steering and helping to fix the rear end on the ground.

Any hints on the king pins?

Best regards
Jo
Old 03-03-2015, 01:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MIX RC
We just made a set of battery transversal parts for the car and it seems to eliminate those 2 problems nearly totally with good steering and helping to fix the rear end on the ground.
Can you share your mod to mount the battery transversal?
Old 03-03-2015, 02:09 AM
Tech Rookie

I'll try to post a picture or two soon...

Jo
Old 03-03-2015, 02:49 AM
Tech Rookie

first chassis and rear bottom plate, second fully equipped

Note, we use a second motor bulkhead on the left side of the pod...

Jo
Attached Thumbnails CRC F1-img-20150303-wa0000.jpg   CRC F1-img-20150226-wa0000.jpg  
Old 03-03-2015, 04:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

first chassis and rear bottom plate, second fully equipped

Note, we use a second motor bulkhead on the left side of the pod...

Jo
Amazing! It's a brand new chassis!
Old 03-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

We have a CRC WTF1 Team here in central europe.
We had some problems with the king pins fitting into the Ride ETS Front wheels and had to shorten them about 3mm on the upper thread, tried 12th king pins, but they are too short. Is there anything between the kit's king pins and the 12th's scale king pins?

The Ride tires are so bad for the car, making it understeer and push on the front and spinning the diff out on the rear.

Any hints on the king pins?

Best regards
Jo
If you use the stock springs then the 1/12th king pins will be too short. But if you use the 1/12th springs you should be fine.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Unfortunately not. The 12th king pin is still too short because of the big ball in the lower arm. We use the 12th springs on the shortened original king pin already...

Jo
Old 03-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Unfortunately not. The 12th king pin is still too short because of the big ball in the lower arm. We use the 12th springs on the shortened original king pin already...

Jo
Jo,

I truely believe that you have a valid need. Send an e-mail to [email protected] to let Frank Calandra know. A couple suggestions I submitted became production parts. And I think your need has merit to do the same. And an intermediate length king pin might become a good tuning option for the other CRC chassis too. Frank listens.

Don't forget to suggest a length.

Bill
Old 03-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Jo
Oh that's right! I forgot the lower pivot ball is bigger on the WTF-1 than on the other cars...Sorry about that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.