Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KenAEM
Copy that guys. Just wondering. I followed Ty's Reedy set up. Car is hard to drive. It's darty, and difficult to get on power coming out of turns. Trying to figure this out. Not sure what it might be. Been playing with diff oils. So just wondering.
I have noticed that myself when i first ran. I changed the rear to 5k oil and its been better. Also changing your bump steer will help. The manual suggests putting 2 1mm orange washers under the flange pipes connecting the steering plate to the steering arms. Take that out. They cause what i call bump in, where the wheel goes less tow out under compression of the suspension. Also turn the steering plate to where the minus sign is showing up.

Also run about 1 degree tow out.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Not a perfect run, but a good look at my D413 (the blue car) on the new Norcal Hobbies layout:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlderBoy
Not a perfect run, but a good look at my D413 (the blue car) on the new Norcal Hobbies layout:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Nice driving and video. That track looks very cool. What tires, compound, and foam are you running to get that kind of traction.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by scteonoffroad
Nice driving and video. That track looks very cool. What tires, compound, and foam are you running to get that kind of traction.
Thank you!
I am running super soft dirt-webs with v-cut red AKA foams.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nicmo
Shock caps? Yes, they will pop off eventually on a hard crash but very rarely... Deguzman already working on an alternative if you wish, yay, hopefully they come in a bag of two then i will replace only the fronts and save some money for beer.
yes. they'll come in sets of two.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
yes. they'll come in sets of two.
O-rings for emulsion too please!
Old 06-18-2014, 02:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt :-)
Anyone heard from the Tekin guys on the Redline Gen2 / Pro2 comparison ? Just curious.
Don't run the D413, yet lol...been looking...running the Pro2 5800 in my Xb4 and it's bonkers I have mine geared 81/20, it's still pulling on a 100' straight...might be a touch over geared atm

Paired it with an R10 had to switch to the 4 pole software, but other than that, motor is smooooth, great brakes, and temps about 10 deg cooler than the 5% Apex 7.5 it replaced.

I am seeing some accelerated wear on my front drive cups, not sure if the motor or the car is too blame yet.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Canadianrage
Don't run the D413, yet lol...been looking...running the Pro2 5800 in my Xb4 and it's bonkers I have mine geared 81/20, it's still pulling on a 100' straight...might be a touch over geared atm

Paired it with an R10 had to switch to the 4 pole software, but other than that, motor is smooooth, great brakes, and temps about 10 deg cooler than the 5% Apex 7.5 it replaced.

I am seeing some accelerated wear on my front drive cups, not sure if the motor or the car is too blame yet.
Thanks for the report.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

The surface material & maintenance of any track will be a major factor for traction. I attend 5 different tracks in my area & have to use a different tire at all of them.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlderBoy
O-rings for emulsion too please!
He said in his first post about it that he was going to include another set of bladders so that you can run either bladders or cut them down to make rings, and that way you will be able to run either way (depending on what you did with your stock set.)
Old 06-18-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Im kinda getting pissed with this car. No matter what I do the pins that hold the hexs in keep coming out. Ive lost maybe 3 and broke another 4. Seems like The AE ones fit... I try black grease and they just keep falling out. Im about 3 seconds away from gluing them in. The car is having a hard time steering. No matter what set up I put on the car it just doesn't steer and is very unstable. Ive tried lightening up the front diff oil and front shocks and becomes very hard to drive. The surface I run on is med to high traction (not super high) Im really having a rough time with this car and its pissing me off bc I know the car is good but I just cnt et it dialed in for anything! UGH Im gonna try a few more things and I have a race on sunday, if the car still doenst do what I want it to.. itll be on the chopping block!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by carbons2k
Im kinda getting pissed with this car. No matter what I do the pins that hold the hexs in keep coming out. Ive lost maybe 3 and broke another 4. Seems like The AE ones fit... I try black grease and they just keep falling out. Im about 3 seconds away from gluing them in. The car is having a hard time steering. No matter what set up I put on the car it just doesn't steer and is very unstable. Ive tried lightening up the front diff oil and front shocks and becomes very hard to drive. The surface I run on is med to high traction (not super high) Im really having a rough time with this car and its pissing me off bc I know the car is good but I just cnt et it dialed in for anything! UGH Im gonna try a few more things and I have a race on sunday, if the car still doenst do what I want it to.. itll be on the chopping block!
I will take it off your hands if you want to sell it. This is really common on alot of cars and coming from 8th scale we use a few tricks as others have mentioned on here.

1. Either slightly bend the pin with a pair of pliers
2. Dip them in shoe goo and let dry
3. CA glue but that is a last resort
Old 06-18-2014, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by carbons2k
Just curious if you have tried playing with camber and toe out to alter steering. If you could offer more details everyone on this thread is very helpful. Let us know foam, tires, tire compound, shock rebound, emulsion, piston size, etc.. Also you may want to check how tight your sway bars are. Some guys really torque them down resulting in strange behavior.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I will take it off your hands if you want to sell it. This is really common on alot of cars and coming from 8th scale we use a few tricks as others have mentioned on here.

1. Either slightly bend the pin with a pair of pliers
2. Dip them in shoe goo and let dry
3. CA glue but that is a last resort
For solid pins I do #2 for the most part. I put a dab of shoe goo over the hole before sliding the pin into place. This secures the pin until I want to remove it.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Never heard anyone upset over lack of steering. All D413 in my state have over steer issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.