Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Got my new WRC cars in today. It's a neat car and I'll have mine in Portage. While I cried about a tax I had to pay and the cost of wiring them money, well it all was forgotten when I opened the box. At this point I say I don't care, even if it cost as much as a 4wd car ( it didn't ), It's not a 4wd, it's a 2wd pan and that a good thing!

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
great too hear, on the down side guys my email is down so i apologize for any misses. will let you know. garen i see your back pm me with info
Old 05-29-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Got my new WRC cars in today. It's a neat car and I'll have mine in Portage. While I cried about a tax I had to pay and the cost of wiring them money, well it all was forgotten when I opened the box. At this point I say I don't care, even if it cost as much as a 4wd car ( it didn't ), It's not a 4wd, it's a 2wd pan and that a good thing!

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
hey sr. can you please pm me joe t email?. lost his when my inbox was cleaned out. will send out new address too you as well. sounds like garen may be back?
Old 05-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

This class has so much to offer in both fun and cost. I thought the builders would have their cars up to speed by now, they're not getting any track time it seems. Wish they'd get a solid european unit so as to get in some high speed R&D.

Thanks for getting this idea planted. We do wander off subject at times, but I like that 2wd racer from all over are looking on and add good stuff in from time to time.

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
I think I'm coming out of retirement one more time. I purchased a WRC kit about a year ago from FG supply, real nice looking car. Angelo at Fg called me back in october,2012 and offered me their WRC car they had assembled. I think they were going to support this class at one time but changed their minds. Angelo said they were giving the import rights to someone else in the US but I don't remember who. Anyway I got a second car for parts. I'm going to try again to get this class going in Texas. I did not have much luck last time. wish me luck.

Dale
Old 05-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Good Luck!

Originally Posted by djmachinist
I think I'm coming out of retirement one more time. I purchased a WRC kit about a year ago from FG supply, real nice looking car. Angelo at Fg called me back in october,2012 and offered me their WRC car they had assembled. I think they were going to support this class at one time but changed their minds. Angelo said they were giving the import rights to someone else in the US but I don't remember who. Anyway I got a second car for parts. I'm going to try again to get this class going in Texas. I did not have much luck last time. wish me luck.

Dale
Dale,

I've just about got my WRC together. Plan on testing, braking in, and racing in Portage, In.this weekend. If you're in the neighbor hood, stop by and give me a few tips.
If there was a class to better live along side 4wd, it'd have to be the pan cars. Good luck getting it going there in Texas. We have a small group that really enjoy the pan, we need more. One problem is that the new guys have no idea of the cost and work load needed to run a good 4wd program. The 1/10th scale guys think they're getting away for less, but if they are, it's not by much. The GT cars seem very misleading in cost, work, and performance. Ok, there are some good running GTs out there, but most have trouble getting around the track. Mean while the pans truly due take less money, and less work. We get to walk around in the pits and shoot the shit, while everyone else is wrenching away.
If I can help in any way, please let me know.

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
Old 05-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Dale,

I've just about got my WRC together.
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
what?...no pics?
Old 05-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hm

Dale,

I've just about got my WRC together. Plan on testing, braking in, and racing in Portage, In.this weekend. If you're in the neighbor hood, stop by and give me a few tips.
If there was a class to better live along side 4wd, it'd have to be the pan cars. Good luck getting it going there in Texas. We have a small group that really enjoy the pan, we need more. One problem is that the new guys have no idea of the cost and work load needed to run a good 4wd program. The 1/10th scale guys think they're getting away for less, but if they are, it's not by much. The GT cars seem very misleading in cost, work, and performance. Ok, there are some good running GTs out there, but most have trouble getting around the track. Mean while the pans truly due take less money, and less work. We get to walk around in the pits and shoot the shit, while everyone else is wrenching away.
If I can help in any way, please let me know.

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
I can see it now...a new hobby shop...."Lon's House of Pan." And for the customer who spends more than 1000 bucks, they get a lovely commemorative issue of plates with various cars on them.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

So its still not clear to me if the pan class runs at the GLC.

Also, do the 1/8th Racers of Toledo run pan car at club races?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Originally Posted by MrHistory

Yes, we run pan at the GLC and at club races.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MrHistory

not only do we run it we have a great time, now if we could just keep phil healthy
Old 05-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Cool!
So I will be there for the GLC. And, my birthday is August 18, so Im gonna try to come for the club race that weekend before. Can't wait!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Would like to give a big shout out to the folks who will be operating the Port Jervis track in N.Y. RC Hobby World Depot want to bring 2wd pan into their store and are making it a class at their track.This maybe the break 2wd pan needs to get going in the northeast as it is in the midwest.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
Would like to give a big shout out to the folks who will be operating the Port Jervis track in N.Y. RC Hobby World Depot want to bring 2wd pan into their store and are making it a class at their track.This maybe the break 2wd pan needs to get going in the northeast as it is in the midwest.
Good to hear... The more interest in the class
the better.... Just need the manufacturers to
take notice....
Old 06-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Good to hear... The more interest in the class
the better.... Just need the manufacturers to
take notice....
i agree and thats not too far for us too maybe visit. mr history you will have a good time at that club race
Old 06-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default After-action report

Just got back from Portage, where the weather left much to be desired, but the track was decent and the Portage boys put on a decent race.

We had a main of about 10 cars between GT and pan products. I ran our prototype, this time using a wounded Vox engine that I epoxied the cracks in the block and shimmed to death in order to make it work. (By the by, got the diff in the mail, will assemble it soon and try it out in an Edam.) I'm happy to report we scored a 2nd place in the main...if the engine had been up to snuff, we could have contended for 1st, but we're pretty happy with the outcome. We had a few more tweaks and issues to contend with, it being a prototype and all, but the handling was definitely there, even if the driver wasn't all there.

For a little bit, it looked like the race might get called due to rain...no one was running, and a lot of people were partially packed just in case. I figured I drove nine hours and paid cash, so I'm going to run...and even with the track a little damp I turned some laps. Then Tom put his GT on the track, David got an Edam out there, and in a short while, the track started getting crowded as it dried out.

We had a pretty good main...I got to pass others for a change instead of being the one constantly passed, and while the carnage was great amongst a few drivers, it was a good run with a lot of action. And it was FUN.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Default I saw it all!

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Just got back from Portage, where the weather left much to be desired, but the track was decent and the Portage boys put on a decent race.

We had a main of about 10 cars between GT and pan products. I ran our prototype, this time using a wounded Vox engine that I epoxied the cracks in the block and shimmed to death in order to make it work. (By the by, got the diff in the mail, will assemble it soon and try it out in an Edam.) I'm happy to report we scored a 2nd place in the main...if the engine had been up to snuff, we could have contended for 1st, but we're pretty happy with the outcome. We had a few more tweaks and issues to contend with, it being a prototype and all, but the handling was definitely there, even if the driver wasn't all there.

For a little bit, it looked like the race might get called due to rain...no one was running, and a lot of people were partially packed just in case. I figured I drove nine hours and paid cash, so I'm going to run...and even with the track a little damp I turned some laps. Then Tom put his GT on the track, David got an Edam out there, and in a short while, the track started getting crowded as it dried out.

We had a pretty good main...I got to pass others for a change instead of being the one constantly passed, and while the carnage was great amongst a few drivers, it was a good run with a lot of action. And it was FUN.
Portage showed us shorter mains due to the weather delay, but we had some pretty fine runs by some of our Toledo guys and Phil was one of them. He looked good (well his performance looked good), he in fact refused to pose for pictures at awards time. Come on Phil, get with the program! Anyhow, it was fun to see him and his car doing so well! Well done!

John Strausbaugh TQed and won running a 3-port powered Motonica while my Grandson, Lon III running real strong also in 3-port Motonica took 3rd after a long repair job on his body.

What about me? you ask. I had my head up my butt all weekend. Debugging a brand new car on a track, like Portage has, is a REALLY BAD IDEA!

BEST OF LUCK! to the New York boys on their pan class. I'd love to come over there sometime! But not to debug a new car!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.