Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jimjav
One small question, How do you prepare de cf parts? In some days i have to start preparing a new chassis and I have never done that.

cheers
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...article&sid=16
Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Can you check your tracking as mines says my parcel has not even been collected to leave Sydney yet
i have mine. just about to start the build. try to get it ready for testing tommorow arvo.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

do the carbon battery stays come with the new kit?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LOW ET
do the carbon battery stays come with the new kit?
yes they do.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Regarding battery taping. Top racers don't use the carbon LiPo retainers they just tape the battery. So my question is how firm do they tape it and how does this affect the flex?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

here is a pic of the new full floating servo mount. 2 screws attatch it to the steering posts. its very nicely thaught up.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-s411-2.0-1152-x-864-.jpg  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a simple question from a fairly newby. What thickness are the standard wheel hexes on the earliest model (2.5mm carbon chassis). I'm having trouble getting the VTA wheels inner rim to clear the front steering blocks, and at the rear shockie bottom mounts. I have 0.5mm washers on the front and used the rear shockie inner bottom mount hole which has resolved the problem. But I got the +1mm wheel hexes (401387) which are 5.2mm width, same as was already on the car!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andyw2
Just a simple question from a fairly newby. What thickness are the standard wheel hexes on the earliest model (2.5mm carbon chassis). I'm having trouble getting the VTA wheels inner rim to clear the front steering blocks, and at the rear shockie bottom mounts. I have 0.5mm washers on the front and used the rear shockie inner bottom mount hole which has resolved the problem. But I got the +1mm wheel hexes (401387) which are 5.2mm width, same as was already on the car!
They all use the same hex........not sure what the +1mm hex actually means as its the same width as every other Serpent hex I've ever had. If you want to get wider in the front, the Xray +1.75 hexes will work, the pin depth is the same, but you will have to open the hole up slightly for the axle shoulder to pass thru. There is still lots of axle thread left if you run them as well.

As far as battery taping goes, I ended up making some retainers from some standoffs, they just cover the front and rear of the battery, but allow for the battery to float a little without tweaking the car. I've run this for about 2 months now and haven't lost a battery yet. The setup still uses the stock lower retainers, but no tape is nice not having to deal with. This is similar to the setup that RSD offers, well worth looking into.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

First thing i bought for the car was the velcro straps. I use the plastic bits and a couple weights to keep it sliding inboard. Ahim up te lipo blocks 2-3 mm and i dont have to sinch it down any.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

The car went together nicely. A few issues: one of the wheel axles was little bit too large so the bearing didnīt fit. Luckily I had an extra one. The shock collars sits really loose on the shock body. Donīt know if this is a issue on the track but it could be. The dampers are really nice though, big improvement.
The drive pins now have a flat spot so you can really crank down the set screw.
The spur gear assembly had a lot of side-to-side play, never had this much on the TE. A few shims took care of it.

These issues will surely be addressed in the next batch.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
The car went together nicely. A few issues: one of the wheel axles was little bit too large so the bearing didnīt fit. Luckily I had an extra one. The shock collars sits really loose on the shock body. Donīt know if this is a issue on the track but it could be. The dampers are really nice though, big improvement.
The drive pins now have a flat spot so you can really crank down the set screw.
The spur gear assembly had a lot of side-to-side play, never had this much on the TE. A few shims took care of it.

These issues will surely be addressed in the next batch.
i hope Serpent release a long set of these shocks. they are so much better. i can also see why Marc is having way more success with this new car. shocks, steering, arms, and overall quality is by far much better. but in saying this i have a problem with my top deck. i havent looked into it much yet, but looks like the hieght of the bearing housing for the spur gear are way higher than the support post. i tighten the top deck, and it bends like a bananna over the bearing housing. may need to grind a flat, or i may shim up the top deck for today. hope to give it a run in a few hours time.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i hope Serpent release a long set of these shocks. they are so much better. i can also see why Marc is having way more success with this new car. shocks, steering, arms, and overall quality is by far much better. but in saying this i have a problem with my top deck. i havent looked into it much yet, but looks like the hieght of the bearing housing for the spur gear are way higher than the support post. i tighten the top deck, and it bends like a bananna over the bearing housing. may need to grind a flat, or i may shim up the top deck for today. hope to give it a run in a few hours time.
That sounds odd. Are you using the 2, 1 mm washers that go at the very rear under the top deck?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

My ERYX is about 70% done. The car is fantastic and everything looks and feels great. I'll finish it off in the morning.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DaveVera
That sounds odd. Are you using the 2, 1 mm washers that go at the very rear under the top deck?
thats what you get for skipping instructions. haha. i went to put the top deck on just to set my battery up for clearance. all sorted. i did how ever get to that part later. but i have also found an issue with an Axle also. thanks for spares i can go for a run shortly. the thread is partly there. whell nut went on by 5-6 turns then went all loose. i could not get it off. luckily i put on an old set of tyres to set cambers. i had to try to pull the rim off as i was trying to unscrew the wheel nut. my shock collars are also quite easy to turn when the springs are on. i think a different O ring will fix that. ill see how it goes. other than the Axle, no real issues. love the servo setup, so easy to work on.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
thats what you get for skipping instructions. haha. i went to put the top deck on just to set my battery up for clearance. all sorted. i did how ever get to that part later. but i have also found an issue with an Axle also. thanks for spares i can go for a run shortly. the thread is partly there. whell nut went on by 5-6 turns then went all loose. i could not get it off. luckily i put on an old set of tyres to set cambers. i had to try to pull the rim off as i was trying to unscrew the wheel nut. my shock collars are also quite easy to turn when the springs are on. i think a different O ring will fix that. ill see how it goes. other than the Axle, no real issues. love the servo setup, so easy to work on.
I was about to say... check the instructions, need to add 1mm shims there now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.