Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tuning clay tires on carpet is the problem to much side bite Wich will brake grip after it rolls on to side of the tire. Schumacher blue ninepins in the rear and ninepins or lpf cutstager fronts. In mm the cuts will be more consistent will less tracktion roll.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
I had the same experience the one time I raced on carpet. The car would roll in the corner then spin out completely. I was so confused because I thought I had gobs of traction running gold barcodes on carpet. I went so far as to get rid of almost all the droop I could, and still had the problem. It wasn't until the track owner walked up to me with a can of Gojo and told me to try it on my rears that I figured out what was wrong. As much traction as I thought I had, it wasn't enough! That Gojo turned those barcodes into a mushy circle shaped pile of traction! No more spinning out after that! In fact, my biggest problem was traction rolling (which is not a bad problem to have). Moral of the story? Maybe you don't have as much grip as you think, even if its more than you're used to on dirt.

I want to make it back to that carpet track some time, only with mini pins and cut staggers instead of the dirt setup I usually run.

Some folks think I will build the car in MM and its magic on carpet, astro , ect. I by no means am saying thats what you were saying, i'm just making a general observation from my experience. I thought that my 1st time on carpet and wow did I get a kick in the pants. Anyway you are more balanced but you have a lot less rear traction compared to RM setup.
Also you need hard inserts. Gold barcodes with hard inserts with a little traction compound and they will work not great but work. I use sticky kicks "white" on slicks and it like running on fly paper. Check my setup it's real close to Jorn's, but a little easier to drive for me.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...bies201212.pdf
Old 12-27-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm running the kit 3/1.5 bar. What did you change to? The 3/0 block?
Yes exactly. Helped alot.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Walkman
Some folks think I will build the car in MM and its magic on carpet, astro , ect. I by no means am saying thats what you were saying, i'm just making a general observation from my experience. I thought that my 1st time on carpet and wow did I get a kick in the pants. Anyway you are more balanced but you have a lot less rear traction compared to RM setup.
Also you need hard inserts. Gold barcodes with hard inserts with a little traction compound and they will work not great but work. I use sticky kicks "white" on slicks and it like running on fly paper. Check my setup it's real close to Jorn's, but a little easier to drive for me.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...bies201212.pdf
I checked your setup earlier and noticed you were running slicks. My barcodes were already pretty worn, and by the end of the night they were basically slicks. At that point they were hooking up like mad. Anyway, have you tried running a mini pin style tire? If you have, how was it compared to the slicks?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

I checked your setup earlier and noticed you were running slicks. My barcodes were already pretty worn, and by the end of the night they were basically slicks. At that point they were hooking up like mad. Anyway, have you tried running a mini pin style tire? If you have, how was it compared to the slicks?

Yes, I have rear Schumacher yellow min pins, and dboots front nanobytes in A compound. I prefer the slicks, then min pin/ nano combo. They are pretty close they both feel glued to the track to me. It's just a preference for slicks for me, plus easier to put on traction compound. All my rear carpet tires have cut down 1/8 scale Panther orange closed cell foams in them and proline closed cell in the fronts. Panther is suppose to be coming out with 1/10 closed cell foam. I can't wait make life a bit easier.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Panther is suppose to be coming out with 1/10 closed cell foam. I can't wait make life a bit easier.
I've seen them - they're pretty nice!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Yeah you lucky bastard, you got to rock them where I'm using the cut up 1/8th scale ones
Old 12-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Panther is suppose to be coming out with 1/10 closed cell foam.
Originally Posted by M3Man03
I've seen them - they're pretty nice!
Is there a time frame on when they will be released yet????
Old 12-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Finished mine today. Can't wait to give her a spin. Only the second time airbrushing, but I think it came out OK. I copied someone elses design to get a feel for it. I'm learning you really need to back-up the flourescent colors. This time I used white.

I'll be running indoors on cork. Currently there is a 10.5 in her. Any suggestions for pinion (no boost)? I have the stock spur. Thanks.

Also, anyone know if there are shorter sensor wires? I really like having a clean wire job, and that one is just way too long.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-sam_1069r.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-sam_1074r.jpg  
Old 12-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Spare Allu Rear Hubs for 210

Guys,

have this lying around, if anyone is interested, do PM me.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...rrier-set.html

thanks,
Old 12-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete48
Finished mine today. Can't wait to give her a spin. Only the second time airbrushing, but I think it came out OK. I copied someone elses design to get a feel for it. I'm learning you really need to back-up the flourescent colors. This time I used white.

I'll be running indoors on cork. Currently there is a 10.5 in her. Any suggestions for pinion (no boost)? I have the stock spur. Thanks.

Also, anyone know if there are shorter sensor wires? I really like having a clean wire job, and that one is just way too long.

sweet paint job dude. amainhobbies has shorter sensor cables
Old 12-27-2012, 09:50 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete48

i have novak 10.5 no boos 35* timing geared 75 spur 28 pinion ,we have long straights and fast jumps so im near full throttle on a couple jumps i may go up to 30 pinion but thats the fastest ill ever need
Old 12-28-2012, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The largest p gear you can put on is 24 I think. I run that on a 13.5 boosted short straight only about 75 to 80 ft works well.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P6
i have novak 10.5 no boos 35* timing geared 75 spur 28 pinion ,we have long straights and fast jumps so im near full throttle on a couple jumps i may go up to 30 pinion but thats the fastest ill ever need
+1
I usually am between 27 and 29 pinion. With a 75T spur. 10.5 T motor w/ timing and sometimes I have to put throttle limiter on around 80-85.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Thanks to all that helped me with my previous issues that I had with this car, it turned out to be in fact the motor that I purchased used from another member here that was in poor condition. I'm guessing the magnets had lost strength and would slip under load leading me to believe that I had slipper/diff issues when in fact it was the motor .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.