Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best RC tool set?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp
MIP here..... They are very cheap when one factors in that they will last for over 15 years.

To the newbies do not use cheap tools...stripping screws is so aggravating.. If you cannot afford a lot of tools buy at least two MIP tools for your most common sizes.
So true I bought one cheap set (thank god) it was only $15 before I learned my lesson and finely got MIP... Best tools ever even got a few single sizes (3.0mm and 1.5mm) in MIP I need that wasn't in tha set only $11 each off ebay...I know it will be cheaper in tha long run...
Old 10-26-2016, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaliBayWolf
So true I bought one cheap set (thank god) it was only $15 before I learned my lesson and finely got MIP... Best tools ever even got a few single sizes (3.0mm and 1.5mm) in MIP I need that wasn't in tha set only $11 each off ebay...I know it will be cheaper in tha long run...
I went through 5/6 years of snapping tips and stripping screws..Been using MIPs for close to a year and have not striped or snaped a tip yet
Old 11-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Seriously, just get MIP. Invest in tools. Period. The difference is a only a few dollars per tool from the ones that fit loose and strip screws, and are not even close when it comes to comfort and quality. You're not buying $300 SnapOn wrenches. Don't overthink it.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

After decades in the hobby I finally decided to spend some money on the best tools available. There is some debate on this ...Hudy, MIP, and many others. Yet Hudy and MIP keep coming to the top of most people's list. I have used Dynamite, Integy, Team Associated, etc... so I decided to try both Hudy speed tips and MIP drivers w/ handles.

The MIP's are much nicer than I thought they'd be ...its hard to tell from a photo, but they have a really nice weight to them, nice size and seem to be very well made in my opinion. I didn't want light aluminum handled tools ....these are perfect!! I think the amber handles kind of threw me, ...I've seen this coloring on cheap screw drivers. Yet the amber handles on these MIP drivers are not like the cheap screwdriver handles. These are much larger, thicker and just seem really well made.
Attached Thumbnails Best RC tool set?-rctools.jpg  

Last edited by eR1c; 12-06-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I decided on the MIP's because so many people swear by them and they are a fraction of the cost of Hudy's sets. Yet the Hudy speed tips on the right in the photo are also super nice, heavy and seem very well made. Both the MIP and Hudy are like 1000% better than any of the other tools I've used.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:49 PM
Tech Rookie

good choice on the MIP's
Old 12-13-2016, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

I just ordered myself the 3pc MIP common hex set. oMG, so much better than those stupid L-angle hex wrenches. Especially the 1.5mm. The machining is excellent, superb fit. Worth every penny when it comes to your wrenching driver sanity. If I need any more tools in the future, I will try MIP first.

As a note, I have never used any of the generic brands of drivers so I don't know what quality those are, only hardware store hex wrench sets. MIPs for is much better.

Originally Posted by eR1c
I decided on the MIP's because so many people swear by them and they are a fraction of the cost of Hudy's sets. Yet the Hudy speed tips on the right in the photo are also super nice, heavy and seem very well made. Both the MIP and Hudy are like 1000% better than any of the other tools I've used.