UMX Radian from E-flite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UMX Radian from E-flite

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Man! What a good run of bad luck with this plane for you.......
Old 02-18-2015, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

This little plane is a blast! Soldered up some leds for it and it makes the plane glow! Perfect for night flying.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

I've been taking my new one up really high then diving back down and sweeping past me at break neck speed! LOL Well, not really but it's cool to do and it's moving quite fast.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default Eflite Whipit DLG

I couldn't help myself and back ordered the Whipit. We have a good amount of wind/breeze blowing most of the time so I figure this little puppy will be fun to fly. 2 more months to wait until it's in stock.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Geooff
This little plane is a blast! Soldered up some leds for it and it makes the plane glow! Perfect for night flying.
That is a really good idea. Where did you get them that are small enough not to affect the CG and drain too much battery?

Originally Posted by GregH
I couldn't help myself and back ordered the Whipit. We have a good amount of wind/breeze blowing most of the time so I figure this little puppy will be fun to fly. 2 more months to wait until it's in stock.
I am considering getting one too. Let us know all about it if/when you receive it before I do.

GB
Old 02-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

I will. My feeling is, that you'll have one about the same time I get mine which means you can give your normal review and start a thread on it. I'm excited to get my hands on one.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

The more I think about it, the more excited I am about that plane. It is cheap and something I can chuck up into the air for long periods of time. I really wanted to be able to control my balsa gliders back in the day like that................but now I will be able do that!

GB
Old 02-21-2015, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GBLynden
The more I think about it, the more excited I am about that plane. It is cheap and something I can chuck up into the air for long periods of time. I really wanted to be able to control my balsa gliders back in the day like that................but now I will be able do that!

GB
YES, that's my thoughts as well. It's cheap and easy to fly. I don't think it will replace the little Radian as my go to plane though. I'm already thinking about taking it to High Rock but without motor, it could easily send me down the rock face to get it. LOL
Old 02-23-2015, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GBLynden
That is a really good idea. Where did you get them that are small enough not to affect the CG and drain too much battery?
I will take a picture of my setup.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Geooff
I will take a picture of my setup.
That would be great. Maybe a list of what you used as well? I like the idea. There's always less wind later in the evening and it seems like that's the only time I get to fly. lol
Old 02-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

I flew mine yesterday and it got sucked up quite nicely in some gentle thermals
Old 02-26-2015, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Went to High Rock yesterday. Flew the umx Radian for 15 minutes without any motor! The lift you get up there is unreal. It will take you up so high that you literally have to dive back down because it just keeps going up. Holy crap when you fly with the wind after turning around to come back, the speed is scary. I'm literally waiting for it to rip something off, it's going so fast.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Radian Pro

Anyone have the Radian Pro? I just bought one yesterday. Need to do so stiffening on the fuselage with some CF strips. It's so weak at the tail that I'm afraid it might break if I get to crazy at High Rock. Might as well make it right now so any video I record will most likely be better with a tight ridgid fuselage. Looking forward to the first toss into the sky.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Here we go again. I picked up the Radian Pro this past week and proceeded to stiffen the tail with carbon fiber strip. I haven't done anything yet other than reinforcing the tail. now that I have that finished I assembled everything and bound it to my radio. After I have it done I try the controls and the left aileron servo won't move! Everything else works fine. I bump the horn and it moved but not without making noise. Try again and it strips the gears! Not only that, the set up on the linkage barely moves the control surface. I kinda regret buying it. Wish I had gotten another Radian instead.
I just don't understand why they can't get it right. $265 with tax and that's what you get?
Old 03-05-2015, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Man that is horrible!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.