Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendations for those starting with RC

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have you ever seen a slowbipe? Im my 20+ year experience in RC flight, this little plane rooks them all in stability and general durability. The design is near flawless and only requires a minimum knowledge base to put together.
I did not order the kit, but instead built an exact replica since I enjoy building almost as much as flying. This thing is the most fun I remember having with a foam plane and is so stable at slow flights and harriers that it is near impossible to crash as long as one manages the throttle.

Here is the site http://slowbipe.com/

And here is a couple pics and a video of my build

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Looks nice.....and the plane too

This is a new look at the T-28 and how much utility you can get out of it after of three year's worth of fun! It is what I recommend for a good second plane:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i want to get my 12 year old something and i have no clue so thanks - this looks awesome!
Old 04-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GBLynden
I have heard a lot of bad things about the UM Corsair when it first came out. The center of gravity was off and it flew poorly. The newer ones I supposed to be better, but some people have been recently sold some from the first run, so I personally wouldn't risk it. I would wait to upgrade to the park flyer sized plane later on. They are the same size as my Wildcat shown above and fly REALLY nice.
thanks for all the info - I think i need to order the champ!
Old 04-17-2015, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
So the Hobbyzone Champ is THE way to go to get started in flying then, yeah?? I'm pretty heavily invested in offroad cars at the moment, but I think I might have caught the flight bug...

I also want something simple that I can fly in the park just up the raod, and don't have to go off somewhere far away looking for a place to have a bit of simple fun...

Great thread. Thanks.
i am exactly the same - something i can fly in the backyard with my daughter. thanks for the thread!
Old 04-17-2015, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by doctorfeelgood5
thanks for all the info - I think i need to order the champ!
That is the way to go if you want to fly in your backyard
Old 04-18-2015, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

The Champ is about the easiest plane to fly. I would recommend getting a "full range" radio to use with it. The stock radio is a short range radio designed to use in a small close areas. Get out in the open and you'll loose signal quick with the cheap radio it comes with. The umx Radian is another nice plane to fly as well.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GregH
The Champ is about the easiest plane to fly. I would recommend getting a "full range" radio to use with it. The stock radio is a short range radio designed to use in a small close areas. Get out in the open and you'll loose signal quick with the cheap radio it comes with. The umx Radian is another nice plane to fly as well.
Agreed good sir!
Old 08-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Here are some crash videos for us to analyze. I think having beginners watch things like this and then have experienced RC Pilots talk about them is invaluable to the beginner.

Flight 1:
+ YouTube Video

Flight 2:
+ YouTube Video

Flight 3:
+ YouTube Video

Flight 4:
+ YouTube Video

Feel free to show other crash videos as well. There is something to be learn from nearly any mistake on the sticks, so let's take this thread to the next level
Old 09-16-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

This is the ultimate example of what a beginner quadcopter should fly like:

+ YouTube Video
Old 11-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

Bump for those looking to get into the hobby this holiday season. Give and ask for your gifts wisely

Here is another reminder for those of you heading into your first winter using lipo batteries. This is what can happen to flight times on a coldish day:

+ YouTube Video

Last edited by GBLynden; 11-07-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Just this morning I flew the AS3extra (yeah I got a new one) and with temps around 38f I lost almost 3 minutes on a full battery! Crazy......
Old 11-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GregH
Just this morning I flew the AS3extra (yeah I got a new one) and with temps around 38f I lost almost 3 minutes on a full battery! Crazy......
It is crazy indeed!

This is pure joy though

+ YouTube Video
Old 01-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Here is a bump for the new RC Pilots that are trying to learn after the holidays.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Try the Hobbyzone Corsair or Delta Ray. They are sturdy and easy to fly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.