Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

LapMonitor Lap Timer

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Is there any way for me to buy it locally in the US or is it only available in France?

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Garet Jax
Is there any way for me to buy it locally in the US or is it only available in France?

Thanks.
Only available in France. Easy to deal with them directly, no issues.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I’d seen this on eBay while back. I’ve got a timing system for single vehicle. But the ability to do multiple vehicles has me interested now.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Do any other transponders work with this system?

Rich
Old 05-14-2019, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FunStuff
Do any other transponders work with this system?

Rich
No, only their transponders.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

I was hoping.

Rich
Old 05-16-2019, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gfranck
LapMonitor is successfully used in Turkey to time 1:8 nitro and brushless national championship and it is a very sunny country
Sun can slightly reduce the range (mainly if facing sun at sunset or sunrise) but it works well under sunny conditions
If you notice any miss lap, you can easily change LapMonitor location on the track to keep on getting good detection as LapMonitor has a long bluetooth range
How much in U.S. dollars, would it cost for the timing system, each additional transponder, and shipping to the U.S. ?
Old 05-16-2019, 08:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jbrow1
How much in U.S. dollars, would it cost for the timing system, each additional transponder, and shipping to the U.S. ?
looks like $135 with 1 transponder. Individual transponder are $35 each. I didn’t go to the full checkout procedure, but showed free shipping.

https://lapmonitor.com/store/en/12-lap-timer
Old 05-16-2019, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

looks like $135 with 1 transponder. Individual transponder are $35 each. I didn’t go to the full checkout procedure, but showed free shipping.

https://lapmonitor.com/store/en/12-lap-timer
Thanks for the post. I have a nice backyard track and use a phone app that will record and broadcast via bluetooth one car at a time on track. My racing has improved dramatically since finding that app, to the point I also now keep excel spreadsheets to track my laps, fast laps, average laps, efficiency, and standard deviation of all my practice time. I've been looking for an affordable way to add competition (more cars) to the practices, and this looks like it may be it. I'll be checking this out for sure
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Thanks for the post. I have a nice backyard track and use a phone app that will record and broadcast via bluetooth one car at a time on track. My racing has improved dramatically since finding that app, to the point I also now keep excel spreadsheets to track my laps, fast laps, average laps, efficiency, and standard deviation of all my practice time. I've been looking for an affordable way to add competition (more cars) to the practices, and this looks like it may be it. I'll be checking this out for sure
I’ve been doing similar for on road and MiniZ. I’ve got a individual system(Zeppin lap timer) and use LapTracker app for my phone. But I’m starting to consider this for the 1/18 group I run with.
jbrow1 likes this.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

Today there was a post on lapmonitor's facebook regarding differences of 1/100 sec which reminded me that when I tested it, for the local track, this effect was way bigger (tested by checking at the two extremes of the track's width when the car was detected).

Anyone knows if this is somehow handled by the software or hardware? I don't care, at all, it's a fantastic product, I'd just like to be able to now what is a significant difference and what is car placement between laps, and of course over multiple laps this will average out.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi, thanks for explaining this case, indeed when car path when passing the lap counter is very different between two passes (your drawing is showing the worst case) then accuracy is worse than few 1/100s .
But this is not the normal use case of racer who is battling for a 1/100s .The error in this case is dependent of the speed, the faster the car goes the better is the accuracy, for example a car at passing the lap counter at 40km/h and a lap with 2 passes separated by 2 meters you can get an expected error of 6/100s
Also this error is not cumulative and will be canceled at next lap when going back on the common car path of the driver.
We tested on a track and compared to video timestamp and error was few 1/100 secs differences (usually less than 2-3/100s) you can check it on some of our youtube video
This can be improved with software but not yet implemented in our software but as I wrote above the case you describe is not the normal use case when you're doing your best laps and as you wrote and expect the next lap this error is automatically corrected

Originally Posted by Totallyosho
Today there was a post on lapmonitor's facebook regarding differences of 1/100 sec which reminded me that when I tested it, for the local track, this effect was way bigger (tested by checking at the two extremes of the track's width when the car was detected).
Anyone knows if this is somehow handled by the software or hardware? I don't care, at all, it's a fantastic product, I'd just like to be able to now what is a significant difference and what is car placement between laps, and of course over multiple laps this will average out.
Totallyosho likes this.

Last edited by gfranck; 05-31-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gfranck
Hi, thanks for explaining this case, indeed when car path when passing the lap counter is very different between two passes (your drawing is showing the worst case) then accuracy is worse than few 1/100s .
But this is not the normal use case of racer who is battling for a 1/100s .The error in this case is dependent of the speed, the faster the car goes the better is the accuracy, for example a car at passing the lap counter at 40km/h and a lap with 2 passes separated by 2 meters you can get an expected error of 6/100s
Also this error is not cumulative and will be canceled at next lap when going back on the common car path of the driver.
We tested on a track and compared to video timestamp and error was few 1/100 secs differences (usually less than 2-3/100s) you can check it on some of our youtube video
This can be improved with software but not yet implemented in our software but as I wrote above the case you describe is not the normal use case when you're doing your best laps and as you wrote and expect the next lap this error is automatically corrected
I've been using Lap Monitor for a few months now. The Lap Monitor is within 1 to 3/100 secs of My Laps. A lot of my buddies use Lap Monitor and all have had great experiences out of it. It's a great tool to have at the track.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Just ordered a system plus 3 transponders. I’ll have 4 transponders.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Your going to love this timing device.
Billy Kelly likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.