Like Tree6Likes

LapMonitor Lap Timer

Reply

Old 05-10-2019, 09:19 PM
  #16  
Tech Master
iTrader: (93)
 
Garet Jax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,401
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Is there any way for me to buy it locally in the US or is it only available in France?

Thanks.
Garet Jax is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:12 AM
  #17  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (85)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 4,567
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
Is there any way for me to buy it locally in the US or is it only available in France?

Thanks.
Only available in France. Easy to deal with them directly, no issues.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:22 AM
  #18  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 7,447
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Iíd seen this on eBay while back. Iíve got a timing system for single vehicle. But the ability to do multiple vehicles has me interested now.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:05 PM
  #19  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 124
Default

Do any other transponders work with this system?

Rich
FunStuff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:12 PM
  #20  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (85)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 4,567
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FunStuff View Post
Do any other transponders work with this system?

Rich
No, only their transponders.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:25 PM
  #21  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 124
Default

I was hoping.

Rich
FunStuff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:15 PM
  #22  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,340
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gfranck View Post
LapMonitor is successfully used in Turkey to time 1:8 nitro and brushless national championship and it is a very sunny country
Sun can slightly reduce the range (mainly if facing sun at sunset or sunrise) but it works well under sunny conditions
If you notice any miss lap, you can easily change LapMonitor location on the track to keep on getting good detection as LapMonitor has a long bluetooth range
How much in U.S. dollars, would it cost for the timing system, each additional transponder, and shipping to the U.S. ?
jbrow1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:40 PM
  #23  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 7,447
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jbrow1 View Post
How much in U.S. dollars, would it cost for the timing system, each additional transponder, and shipping to the U.S. ?
looks like $135 with 1 transponder. Individual transponder are $35 each. I didnít go to the full checkout procedure, but showed free shipping.

https://lapmonitor.com/store/en/12-lap-timer
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:05 PM
  #24  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,340
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

looks like $135 with 1 transponder. Individual transponder are $35 each. I didnít go to the full checkout procedure, but showed free shipping.

https://lapmonitor.com/store/en/12-lap-timer
Thanks for the post. I have a nice backyard track and use a phone app that will record and broadcast via bluetooth one car at a time on track. My racing has improved dramatically since finding that app, to the point I also now keep excel spreadsheets to track my laps, fast laps, average laps, efficiency, and standard deviation of all my practice time. I've been looking for an affordable way to add competition (more cars) to the practices, and this looks like it may be it. I'll be checking this out for sure
Billy Kelly likes this.
jbrow1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:10 PM
  #25  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 7,447
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jbrow1 View Post
Thanks for the post. I have a nice backyard track and use a phone app that will record and broadcast via bluetooth one car at a time on track. My racing has improved dramatically since finding that app, to the point I also now keep excel spreadsheets to track my laps, fast laps, average laps, efficiency, and standard deviation of all my practice time. I've been looking for an affordable way to add competition (more cars) to the practices, and this looks like it may be it. I'll be checking this out for sure
Iíve been doing similar for on road and MiniZ. Iíve got a individual system(Zeppin lap timer) and use LapTracker app for my phone. But Iím starting to consider this for the 1/18 group I run with.
jbrow1 likes this.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service