Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I reckon put your motor timing back on 0 first, I assume -3.5 ticks is from the center?
Old 06-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Boost Ramp

Have a FW suggestion for the Boost Ramp. I normally run 100RPM/Step, but I would like to see 75 RPM/step, and 125RPM/Step added to a future version.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Does Hobbywing sell a brushless motor that is around 48mm in length or less? I want to use it in an old corally pancar but the room is not enough to fit a normal size brushless motor. Sensorless is ok as well, as long as it is 48mm or less in length.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
I reckon put your motor timing back on 0 first, I assume -3.5 ticks is from the center?
Yes yes.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:40 PM
njt
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Does Hobbywing sell a brushless motor that is around 48mm in length or less? I want to use it in an old corally pancar but the room is not enough to fit a normal size brushless motor. Sensorless is ok as well, as long as it is 48mm or less in length.
Team Powers make a superlite motor and is 6mm shorter overall with the same diameter, 10.5 and 13.5 winds

Team Powers UK sell the motors
Old 06-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamWTF
Wow... Thats a pretty decent temp layout!

I usually keep my ESC setup pretty similar and adjust FDR

Start - 4000
Boost - 40
Turbo - 25
Timing acc - 300rpm/deg (Starting point... Lower i needed and if temps allow)
Turbo Slope - 6/0.1 (starting point - Very safe... Increase if temps allow!)
Delay - 0.2

FDR will be the key... Depending on motor probably around 5.5 - 6.0

When do you run there? And how often? I'm interested!
hey Mate,

thanks alot for these setting once it turns dry again i will try these out and see how they go.

We run @ Penrith Every Monday night along as its not raining or some Public Holidays. we run atm Mini and 17.5 we can always run another class as long as we get enough entries. if you want more information let me know via PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have an XRAY T3'11 I am running outdoors on a medium sized track. 150ft straight, running a Trinity Duo3 17.5

I need some help with the settings, what do you guys recommend?

Thanks
Grant
Old 06-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by njt
Team Powers make a superlite motor and is 6mm shorter overall with the same diameter, 10.5 and 13.5 winds

Team Powers UK sell the motors
Thanks, i read that they made a shorter motor but thought i asked here as well. I don't know what a shorter rotor does performance wise but it seems it is the only motor that will fit without dremeling the pod.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi

I have been using my HW Xtreme stock for a couple of weeks now and its been awesome !

I had a issue with it at the weekend though that cost me a couple of heats and wondered if anyone had the same issues or knows of a cure ?

I turned the speedo on as normal for my heat put it down and ran it for 20yds to the line. When i set of the car was really really slow as if there was either no timing on the speedo or it had dropped into sensorless mode.
Both times this happened i had my pitman turn the speedo off then on and everything was fine again ?

It is not just me having these issues as a fellow HW runner was having the same issues !

Anyone got a cure ( i know i could just turn the car off and on again) or having the same issues ?

Mark
Old 06-14-2011, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3nitro
Hi

I have been using my HW Xtreme stock for a couple of weeks now and its been awesome !

I had a issue with it at the weekend though that cost me a couple of heats and wondered if anyone had the same issues or knows of a cure ?

I turned the speedo on as normal for my heat put it down and ran it for 20yds to the line. When i set of the car was really really slow as if there was either no timing on the speedo or it had dropped into sensorless mode.
Both times this happened i had my pitman turn the speedo off then on and everything was fine again ?

It is not just me having these issues as a fellow HW runner was having the same issues !

Anyone got a cure ( i know i could just turn the car off and on again) or having the same issues ?

Mark
That happened to me and I swapped out the motor sensor and it was fine after that.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lifeguy
I have an XRAY T3'11 I am running outdoors on a medium sized track. 150ft straight, running a Trinity Duo3 17.5

I need some help with the settings, what do you guys recommend?

Thanks
Grant
Here is a good starting point....

17.5 duo 3 standard timing
ddrs 5
boost timing 40
turbo slope 18
turbo timing 25
start rpm 4000
turbo delay 0.1s
timing acc 300

fdr 5.7-5.9
hobby wing 211 stock software

Make sure you temp it after 2-3mins and make sure it doesn't get too hot.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by defcone
That happened to me and I swapped out the motor sensor and it was fine after that.
I agree with swapping the sensor lead first for sure my I had the same fault and it turned out to be the sensor in the motor I was using, changed that worked perfect!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Have a FW suggestion for the Boost Ramp. I normally run 100RPM/Step, but I would like to see 75 RPM/step, and 125RPM/Step added to a future version.

Cheers,
Shawn.
nice idea shawn...
Old 06-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hi

Mark
Had exact same issue a week or two back, switched sensor lead and all sweet again. Had a pretty good side on hit the previous race.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Hi

Mark
Either sensor cable,sensor connector on motor/esc or the sensor board on the motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.