Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

10.5T apparently do not handle the timing like a 17.5 or even a 13.5, so you need to go easy on the timing, so yeah you can use the STOCK firmware.

For on-road I'm using a FDR of 7.1, but I thinking of going 7.4 to try some stuff.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mok
I managed to cook a motor yesterday the first time I used this esc..
Are there any starting setups for a short course truck?
What software version should I be running for a 10.5T motor? stock or mod?
-Mark
stock software 518 but dont load it up so much with timing and boost
Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default New

Oops delete
Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default New to programable esc's

I just purchased the xerun 120a 2.0 and program box and should be here soon. I will be pairing this up with my LRP 17.5 brushless motor and i am lookong forward in learning to maximize this ESC's capabilities. I am also new to programing, any word of advice would be appreciated. Also will the program box work with my SP Citrix Spec esc? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by izzyracer
I just purchased the xerun 120a 2.0 and program box and should be here soon. I will be pairing this up with my LRP 17.5 brushless motor and i am lookong forward in learning to maximize this ESC's capabilities. I am also new to programing, any word of advice would be appreciated. Also will the program box work with my SP Citrix Spec esc? Thanks in advance.
What model of LRP 17.5? X12?
The program card LED Citrix not work with the Xerun.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jazzck
Hi,Guys pls help ask I used 512 stock....

10.5t motor can used at FDR??????
512? maybe 518 ...
This is my setup for 10.5, is not optimal because I still have to improve it, but worked very well with high ambient temperatures

Old 09-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AGNO
What model of LRP 17.5? X12?
The program card LED Citrix not work with the Xerun.
Actually an x11

I mean, i want to use the program box with the sp cirtix spec esc to change brake and drag brake, not possible?
Old 09-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by izzyracer
Actually an x11

I mean, i want to use the program box with the sp cirtix spec esc to change brake and drag brake, not possible?
Unfortunately, the X11 I have not tried, then the only advice is to start with parameters recommended by the manual supercharged Hobbywing.
I tried the program box LCD on Cirtix but does not work.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is there anywhere I can download a current version of the setup sheet?
Old 09-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
Is there anywhere I can download a current version of the setup sheet?
Test here

http://www.mediafire.com/?zhnwmmhz34o

Last edited by AGNO; 09-28-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AGNO
Thanks but I have that one and if you look at the SC Punch its not what the current software uses for settings... and I don't have anything to modify PDF files
Old 09-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

cobra, I have an issue with the 120a v2.0 ESC. I have purchased a red series corally 13.5 motor, ran it once and it was fine, on the second time the car ran at half power and the green light was flashing on the ~ESC indicating ESC has overheated.

Obviously it has not, I assume this type of motor does not work with the ESC?
is that correct? have you seen this issue before?
cheers

Running 518 stock setting, with 1.79 DB also.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by whoopass
cobra, I have an issue with the 120a v2.0 ESC. I have purchased a red series corally 13.5 motor, ran it once and it was fine, on the second time the car ran at half power and the green light was flashing on the ~ESC indicating ESC has overheated.

cheers

Dear loyal customer

Yes you do have an overheat problem .from what i am aware of hobbywing esc's are set up to run with motors that have true windings to the kv rating .I know there are motors out there that are example 10.5T but something like 4500kv which is about 1300kv over the standard 3200kv that a 10.5t is rated .
Now if you have high settings on such high kv rated motors yes they will overheat .all motors are different nothing is accurate especially kv ratings and turns as well as internal resistance but also high fearing or low gearing depending on track layouts and lengh there are many things that contribute to heat.

please send me an email at [email protected] and we can take it further and help you solve the problem .

regards Angelo
Old 09-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys

Just some news from hobbywing that anyone who purchases there product direct from online stores in Asia or Ebay faces problems with tech support and after sales service .If the store wont help you then the problem will lie on you and costs will be added if the product needs to be sent back to hobbywing for service or replacement .we dont wont you risking your hard earned money as we know its hard to come by .we make agreements with stores who carry the products that they must carry the support for there customers .

We have been finding alot of none authorised stores in hong kong have been getting the products via grey import as we call it over border crossing from china which is hard to police and selling them to online stores .

when the product is sent back at your cost and found the receipt to be of an online nature from Asia or ebay the costs will be added to your repair or replacement .

We need to protect the distributors and legitimate Authorised dealers from around the world as we have been getting many complaints about sellers who dont want to support after sales service and customer after sales tech support.

I will always be here to support you all and always will 100% but if the product is sent back to factory as stated above then there is nothing i can do its up to the factory then and there policy to deal with the matter .

we are not here to screw you we are here to help and give you the best support possible which means replacements and support or repairs from reputable dealers and distributors networks but we also have to look after the people who do the right thing and take the appropraite channels to purchase and we dont mean you customers we mean the distributors and dealers .

Pricing will not change pricing will always be competative i assure you of this .Also hobbywing will also ask for the warranty card that is supplied with the esc to be filled in and the place of purchase and cop yof receipt attached and sent back to the factory .we want to build a database.

we want to service you better than before and not for you to have to wait 6 months to have a email answered or 6 months for a repair .

ok guys thank you for your time .

Any questions please fell free to contact me .

Last edited by COBRARACING; 09-28-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by whoopass

cheers

I have had problems with 3 Corally Red Series Pro motors (2x4.5, 1x5.5) which had similar problems. Worked fine for a while then they gave up. This with a LRP TC-Spec. You can´t change the timing on these motors and I think they´re default set at 30 degrees.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.