Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 04:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default multifunction program software

i have tried to update the software to the 3.42 and it seems to be in Chinese also it is blocked by my security on my pc
Old 09-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

hey can anybody guide me in a good direction for use with a d4 4.0 turn on a 150x75 track with medium to medium-high grip. I am racing in florida so the weather is very hot.

any sugguestions or complete setups for the speedo, gearing, and motor timing sugguestions would be appreciated
Old 09-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewd
i have tried to update the software to the 3.42 and it seems to be in Chinese also it is blocked by my security on my pc
Just click on the "file" menu and select english. It's the first menu top left of the window. It's just not the default.

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-hwscreenshot.jpg
Old 09-15-2014, 04:26 AM
Tech Initiate

I recently bought the V3.1 esc, at the moment I use the program box for my Justock esc, do I need to change the s/w on the program card each time if I switch between the 2 esc?
Old 09-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey xrayaustin. Send me a PM, please. Want to buy your stuff! LOL. Apologies for the off-topic post...that guy is super hard to get a hold of.

Thanks,
Michael P.

Last edited by lt130th; 09-16-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No way to delete a post?

Last edited by lt130th; 09-16-2014 at 11:08 AM. Reason: double post.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys,

I am currently using the 930 STOCK Firmware on my V2.1 ESC and it works great!
Just plugged my ESC into the PC and I also have the option in the drop down menu for V3.0_131205 STOCK firmware. Can't find this firmware version in the hobbywing firmware history, accordint to the code it should be the latest version (2013). What are the benefits of this version over the 930 STOCK software?
Old 09-19-2014, 05:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Double post

Last edited by Robkitetop; 09-19-2014 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 09-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SRJRacing
I recently bought the V3.1 esc, at the moment I use the program box for my Justock esc, do I need to change the s/w on the program card each time if I switch between the 2 esc?
Yes, unless you have a new box that has the battery checker on it. That box can carry both firmwares. The older box only had enough memory for either the V3 software or the 2.1 (JustStock) firmware.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
No all other escs are fine it was only the stock spec and only a very small batch only and it wont happen again i assure of that it was a ROM manufacturing fault from supplier not a falcon sekido issue so be assured what you purchase or get replaced by falcon sekido is very reliable and safe .

have fun racing guys will have some good news about the Zero spec 3.1 shortly
Apparently this issue is not isolated to the stock spec ESC's.
I just installed a brand new, out of the box v3.1 1s in my new 1/12 pan car and as soon as I updated the firmware.... It crapped itself! I was planning on racing this weekend and now I'm screwed! Having it replaced under warranty is all well and good but what about all time and effort I put into preparing an immaculate race car with perfect wiring just to rip it all out 15 minutes later because the damn thing bricked. I'm not a happy camper!
My v3.1 2s updated just fine so I know it's not my PC or the firmware itself. I was really looking forward to getting this thing on the track this weekend and everything was going together beautifully till this, now my weekend is shot and likely next weekend too since I have to wait for this faulty piece to be replaced. It's not like I can go to the store and exchange it and get back on the track.

This is pretty discouraging...
So there is no way to recover a bricked v3.1? Pathetic...
Old 09-20-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

If you read the Falconsekido website it has other ESCs on it aswell. I am waiting for my 1s to be returned. It is a ROM failure. I feel your pain, the exact same thing happened to me. But there is no way to fix it. Send it in and get a replacement. It did only take a few days turn around, and I am not even in the US.
Fill out the RMA, email it to them, wait for the RMA # and put it in a coffin to send it back.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question? I have installed the latest link software version 3.43. I have updated my program box to version 1.17. When I loaded the esc software V3.2_140627_Beta it appears the boost and turbo are combined? I don't see a way to set start and end rpms for boost like previous versions? I did load the V3.1_121130_Beta to the esc and it has separate boost and turbo like previous versions.

My application does not use turbo, boost is all thats needed but need a way to set rpm values for the boost.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-25-2014, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Real Deel
Question? I have installed the latest link software version 3.43. I have updated my program box to version 1.17. When I loaded the esc software V3.2_140627_Beta it appears the boost and turbo are combined? I don't see a way to set start and end rpms for boost like previous versions? I did load the V3.1_121130_Beta to the esc and it has separate boost and turbo like previous versions.

My application does not use turbo, boost is all thats needed but need a way to set rpm values for the boost.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!
no your not missing anything boost start rpm and end rpm is removed it was changed as we notice by removing it from the software not only did the motor run cooler but also the esc making it more efficient and much more powerful .To keep your temps down i advise all of you to run more turbo than boost especially with mod not only will get a much better performance all round but less heat= more power.

if you want to run boost rpm choose the software ending with 130 or 526
Old 09-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry guys ive been away just to concentrate with testing the usb link and some software just to see where the issue of the locked out esc was from when upgrading so ill post my results in a few hours .

keep smiling
Old 09-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
no your not missing anything boost start rpm and end rpm is removed it was changed as we notice by removing it from the software not only did the motor run cooler but also the esc making it more efficient and much more powerful .To keep your temps down i advise all of you to run more turbo than boost especially with mod not only will get a much better performance all round but less heat= more power.

if you want to run boost rpm choose the software ending with 130 or 526
There are many applications where this is not effective. Not everyone runs road course and need the rpm adjustability. Why cant you leave in the option to run both methods instead of locking it in to the combined version. I realize i can just revert back to an older version but my fear is I will be missing out on further updates/enhancements later on. I have received calls everyday about this from users that are worried about the same issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.