NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 06:04 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

To get the most out of any hobbywing product i stress that you must read the manual not once but 10 times until you understand it

Many have had issues with brakes,delays and much more and most have been sorted by reading the manual and understanding how the esc functions please dont make guesses that's how many fall into the trap and then its the esc's fault or the manufacturer .
yes please ask questions if you dont understand some parts of the manual but please go through the manual first dont just guess and put the car on the track

Most esc issues are related to radio setups if you dont know an area or option of your radio dont use it simple and wait until you can ask someoen the question about the function say example ABS for brakes etc etc .

I will try and simplify the manual soon o make it as basic as possible

regards Angelo
Sorry Angelo,

I feel this is a blatant attempt at trying to shift the blame to others that are having genuine issues with the ESC's

My personal opinion is their GREAT and I love mine, even though you have needed to get me out of trouble multiple times, I have stuck with it. 50% of the time it has been a technical HW problem and 50% of the time my own doing.

However, I feel the support from HW could improve slightly, every time there is an issue you tell me or whoever it may be to install this software yadda yadda yadda. Surely there can be a system where we can register our email on a database and HW can specifically say what software to use and send out an email, every time something changes, rather than our esc's failing then having to stress about it only to be told try this software now.

I have literally been given 3 different software version in the past 3 weeks, That's one per week and great evidence to suggest the ESC is still having teething issues from the MANUFACTURERS side.

Otherwise your support on here has been brilliant.

Regards
Nathan
Old 06-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

One thing I have noticed lately... When I reprogram the esc to the motor, as in setting th neutral/fwd/rev, the motor will tick. It'll move ever so slightly, even though I know it's supposed to stay still. Maybe this will help diagnose the problem.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyujmn
I haven't tried that, no. I'll give it a shot tonight when I get home from work.
Just to check, as you've changed the software many times, and I don't remember reading it, but you have re-calibrated the ESc to the transmitter? correct?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TryHard
Just to check, as you've changed the software many times, and I don't remember reading it, but you have re-calibrated the ESc to the transmitter? correct?
Yea i made sure I always just recalibrated after updating the firmware.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NR
Sorry Angelo,

I feel this is a blatant attempt at trying to shift the blame to others that are having genuine issues with the ESC's

My personal opinion is their GREAT and I love mine, even though you have needed to get me out of trouble multiple times, I have stuck with it. 50% of the time it has been a technical HW problem and 50% of the time my own doing.

However, I feel the support from HW could improve slightly, every time there is an issue you tell me or whoever it may be to install this software yadda yadda yadda. Surely there can be a system where we can register our email on a database and HW can specifically say what software to use and send out an email, every time something changes, rather than our esc's failing then having to stress about it only to be told try this software now.

I have literally been given 3 different software version in the past 3 weeks, That's one per week and great evidence to suggest the ESC is still having teething issues from the MANUFACTURERS side.

Otherwise your support on here has been brilliant.

Regards
Nathan
no one is blaming anyone here nathan im just trying to teach customers how the product works and the best way is the manual .I want all our customers including yourself to have knowledge of the products

Tell me this were do you know of a tech guy associated with an rc company that excepts phone calls at 9:30 pm on any given day and someone who sits on skype at 1 am helping customers around the world .I dont know of any but hobbywing .

I want you to be happy with the product and to sent you software 3 different versions which are upgrades is to help you not cause you problems .

I am glad your sticking with hobbywing and ill try my best to help you even more

regards Angelo
Old 06-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok.... Really weird here. Update time.

I was bored tonight watching the rangers game. Thought 'damn WHAT IF I just switch rotors ONE MORE TIME???'

Well that fixed it. Before it didn't fix it. Now everything is just fine. Let's hope that everything stays the same now.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Ok.... Really weird here. Update time.

I was bored tonight watching the rangers game. Thought 'damn WHAT IF I just switch rotors ONE MORE TIME???'

Well that fixed it. Before it didn't fix it. Now everything is just fine. Let's hope that everything stays the same now.
Im Glad you found the issue but please monitor the motor and esc for a while and please report back .

It is not always the esc but this has been very good information for everyone as many have learnt alot including us at hobbywing .

keep smiling and happy racing
Old 06-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CompactDisk
Thank you for clearing that up.

Guess un-sensored it is.

Any fix on how to reset the programing card?
When you get those white squares on the lcd panel all you do is just update the lcd 2 in 1 software from the usb link that should reset the lcd programmer and you will soon find that the software works it will come up on the screen .You might have to flash it twice
Old 06-20-2012, 03:17 AM
Tech Adept

Arrow

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
... and someone who sits on skype at 1 am helping customers around the world .I dont know of any but hobbywing ...
i think thats me
i also find the new programming features a bit more complicated then previous esc's, but after all it gives you more options. once you get your head arround this stuff its not that difficult after all. angelo provided first class support for my problem anyway.

off to the races....
Old 06-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default V3 17.5T boosted

Is there somebody out there who has a good setup for the V3 and 17.5T boosted?
The track will be a small tight asphalt track and 7 min runs.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Update again...................

Ok, so it seems like my problem isn't gone yet. On a fresh battery, it doesn't have the issue. Full throttle engages instantly and it has tons of response.

After about 3-4 mins, the problem will start. On the track, it's even worse than it was. From neutral, the car takes about 1 seconds to start rolling, then takes about another second to get to half throttle, then it finally goes full throttle. I ran three packs through it and it happened every time. Fresh pack, no throttle problems. 3-4 mins in, the problem starts.

I'm gonna try to just turn off the low voltage detection. I dont ever run beflow 3.8v anyway, so I'll be ok there. I had it at 3.4v, so it still shouldn't have engaged, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Edit: Ok, I turned the low voltage detection off. Now with a used battery, the problem is gone again. HOWEVER, instead of being in blinky mode, it starts out in some other mode. The green light isn't blinking. I didn't realize this until now but the same thing was happening at the tracks. At the start, it wouldn't be in blinky, and once the problem started, the green light was flashing. This tells me software issue again.

Last edited by hyujmn; 06-20-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok, so it seems like my problem isn't gone yet. On a fresh battery, it doesn't have the issue. Full throttle engages instantly and it has tons of response.

After about 3-4 mins, the problem will start. On the track, it's even worse than it was. From neutral, the car takes about 1 seconds to start rolling, then takes about another second to get to half throttle, then it finally goes full throttle. I ran three packs through it and it happened every time. Fresh pack, no throttle problems. 3-4 mins in, the problem starts.

I'm gonna try to just turn off the low voltage detection. I dont ever run beflow 3.8v anyway, so I'll be ok there. I had it at 3.4v, so it still shouldn't have engaged, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Edit: Ok, I turned the low voltage detection off. Now with a used battery, the problem is gone again. HOWEVER, instead of being in blinky mode, it starts out in some other mode. The green light isn't blinking. I didn't realize this until now but the same thing was happening at the tracks. At the start, it wouldn't be in blinky, and once the problem started, the green light was flashing. This tells me software issue again.
low voltage protection should set to 3.0v/cell if your battery is not good enough. that is the problem reason!

I think your speedo is ok. You need to set your speedo correctly. Please read the manual again.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Silly question........What C rating are your packs?
It sounds like that it is to low.
As you stated freshly charged it works fine but after a few minutes it looks like the packs can't deliver the amps to start up the motor good enough so you get a slower responce.
Had a similar problem with a LRP ESC when driving with a hot motor.
Changed the packs to a higher C rating and problem was gone.

regards Roy

Old 06-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, I'm playing around with it right now. I noticed that the manual said if the green LED is flashing, it means the ESC was going into overheat protection mode. I tried to run the ESC today without the fan, and it was getting up to 125f when I pulled it off the tracks after 6 mins. I reattached the fans tonight and also tried loading up the 508_no_timing firmware instead of the mod firmware.

Also, I'm running Gens Ace 5000mah 40c batteries. It also happens with Turnigy 6500mah 65c batteries, so I think I've ruled batteries out.

Either way, tomorrow evening is a club race night, so I'll get another chance to test. We'll see how it goes.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I suggest all the players to use the "PRINT SETTING" function in the new USB LINK SOFTWARE V3.1 (this version can deal almost every speedo from Hobbywing now) and paste the detailed settings here , this will greatly help to anwser your questions or problems.

Below is a sample I printed in USB LINK SOFTWARE V3.1 for a V2 speedo.
v2setting.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.