Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Which software version?

I am new to using the Hobbywing products and have a question about which ESC software to use in my application. I am running in WGT 1S and we sometimes run boosted. The motors are 13.5 and I have 1.64 loaded for the interface. So should I run the stock or mod software in the ESC?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
I am new to using the Hobbywing products and have a question about which ESC software to use in my application. I am running in WGT 1S and we sometimes run boosted. The motors are 13.5 and I have 1.64 loaded for the interface. So should I run the stock or mod software in the ESC?
Stock software, MOD is for 9.5 to 2.5 turn motors.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Stock software, MOD is for 9.5 to 2.5 turn motors.
Thank you, I suspected that and already had it installed in the ESC.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Firstly, apologies for my absence and the slightly less than perfect shipment in the last month, it has been a horrible month with two major operations and a possible third when I see my neuro surgeon on Wednesday for a spinal injury. Normal service is resumed, in fact please call for a chat as is quite lonely being laid up with this stuff

Originally Posted by Vrooom
Where to send the ESC for repair / replacement etc ? as my esc devloped a fault... im in UK..
Give me a call 07900 363649 will walk you through the repair process.

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I recently (22-09) ordered a 1S speedo from racersinexile.co.uk but I haven't received a single response from them.
I've sent them several emails and tried calling them several times but no response at all?.

Did anyone have the same experience recently or know what is up with that shop?.

I will try calling them again today but if I can't contact them today I will put in a paypal dispute, first time I ever have to do that.

Next time I will order in Hongkong like I always do, never had an issue with HK shops.
Sorry for the delays to some peoples shipments, I have been in and out of hospital, firstly with an operation to repair nerve damage on my hand due to falling on a photo frame and slicing 2 nerves and a tendon, at the same time I was diagnosed with a spinal injury (photo attached) and have been leaning on friends to help with shipments etc.

As for this particular shipment, having checked it out the buyer used the UK only option for a European order so the guy doing my shipping did not send it out until he could check up on it. We have two options mainly due to the fact that we ship free to the UK and NOT to European mainland (due to high costs involved) appears that the new telephone company we set up did not route the calls as required and for now we have reverted to our old number or of course you can get me on my mobile most times. As soon as we had a complaint we refunded immediately as stated above. As far as we can tell all orders are up to date however there are a couple of guys using the complaints on here to deny receipt, but as we use recorded delivery and can track that they have in fact been delivered we are not worrying too much about those ones.

Anyway, 930....................... am having fun with this one, is much smoother in delivery, deliver same way as 211 boost first then turbo, always remember to either take the delay off completely of set it to 0.1.

Settings so far very quick on 134.5 happily keeping up with some 10.5's..

DDRS 9
Boost 32
Turbo 32
Start RPM 2000
Slope 24
Delay 0
Acc 250
FDR 6.02
Temp about 80c

Very very good can't wait to try it with 13.5T

Oh and by the way any news on an issue Brian Eldridge has hit with putting 508 on 1s ESc, goes into reverse, then nothing. tried to reset software to 211 and ESC dead? any ideas before I start pulling it apart.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

As alot of you know there are no secrets with me and i keep everyone informed about the goings on and mostly about the v3 but i have another delay for the v3 im so sorry but i can only be honest .

This has nothing to do with the unit not being already in production but i got absolutely smashed yesterday at my meeting being told that alot of distributors and retail stores are really pissed off with me because of the announcement of the v3 as many have alot of 2.1v in stock and they are not happy with my announcement .It is only one country that has complained about the v3 annoucement not others.I am all about the end user no one else these are the people who use my product and these are the people i need to please no one else .I hope i still have all of your support and you all still remain hobbywing supporters.

I have seen in my time in r/c many companies crash and burn and never re surface because of broken promises but most important lies and deception and i will not go down that path not now not ever .

so i apologise from deep down inside and i understand your dissapointment but like i said i cannot lie about things i am always true to you guys and i will never stop being true to you all im committed to all of you to bring you exciting news about hobbywing and it's products but most importantly the truth .

Ps: I also bring you this bad news of the delay of all days but on my birthday lol.

Last edited by COBRARACING; 10-18-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
As alot of you know there are no secrets with me and i keep everyone informed about the goings on and mostly about the v3 but i have another delay for the v3 im so sorry but i can only be honest .

This has nothing to do with the unit not being already in production but i got absolutely smashed yesterday at my meeting being told that alot of distributors and retail stores are really pissed off with me because of the announcement of the v3 as many have alot of 2.1v in stock and they are not happy with my announcement .

I am all about the end user no one else these are the people who use my product and these are the people i need to please no one else .I hope i still have all of your support and you all still remain hobbywing supporters.

I have seen in my time in r/c many companies crash and burn and never re surface because of broken promises but most important lies and deception and i will not go down that path not now not ever .

so i apologise from deep down inside and i understand your dissapointment but like i said i cannot lie about things i am always true to you guys and i will never stop being true to you all im committed to all of you to bring you exciting news about hobbywing and it's products but most importantly the truth .
I have to agree with both these sentiments, having been on the receiving end of the stock issue but not complaining about it, but Sometimes it is better to be a little vague about these things as deadlines tend to slip. I know you are trying to let all Hobbywing fans know as early as possible of all the updates and no one can blame you for that; and I think we would all miss your regular updates, having spoken to the factory myself and being told that it's going to be a month is not too much of a problem. Don't beat yourself up about trying to look out for the racers.

Anyway....... having been given the news that the units will be slightly dearer we are going to put up 25 units on a pre order basis on our website at the same price that the 1s ships for (free shipping UK) (£5 Shipping Rest of world) saving a fair chunk on full retail. This deal is only available to our previous customers initially as we regard your loyalty fully. PM me for a discount code to take up this offer.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Its to bad this happens but if i was a reseller it would be a bit of a bummer for users to find out a new product was coming to far in advanced. As people, like myself, would hold off on a purchase therefore leaving resellers with a large stock of something that's not in as high of a demand.

It's a double edge sword being you want to tell people, which we all do appreciate immensely and please continue for any software updates and issues found with software, but you have to think about the sales channel at the same time.

Please continue the good work, your one of the only manufactures that keeps there customers informed of what's happening now and in the future.

I personally can't wait for the V3 I'm sure I'll buy a couple right from the get go.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bjspinner
Hi Angelo.

Am having an issue with 930 stock, the program is fast however in the warmup laps prior to the start of the race when I come to a stop to grid up. I go to accelerate the car jumps backwards...
This in turn puts the speedy into sensorless..

The motor is an X12 13.5 the boost is set to 14deg with a start rpm of 6000. I know that I can't run much timming on the motor (currently set at 4 Dot/ least timming).

I also noticed that if you get turned around and the car goes backwards, this also puts the speedy into sensorless mode..

Is it possible that the sesitivity issue needs to be addressed on the braking side of the programing?

Speedy is the extreme stock new and the motor is also new..

If you want to know more please send me a PM..

Does anyone have some suggestions on this???

930 does work fine with the Duo range, Speedpassion and Hobbywing motors however not quite there on the LRP range although it is an improvement over 211 etc.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default 930

Can someone post me a link to the 930 software please?
Old 10-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mb3195
It's on the hobbywing site.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mb3195
http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/soft....64_111011.rar

you can download the software from the above link .This is the most updated usb link with the 930 mod and stock plus the v3 508 and the justock update
Old 10-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

930 does work fine with the Duo range, Speedpassion and Hobbywing motors however not quite there on the LRP range although it is an improvement over 211 etc.
the software should have fixed the sensitivity issue with the x12 etc but let me go through it with michael again ill post later tonight
Old 10-18-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how long is the delay of the release of the V3? will it be released this year or the start of next year?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:06 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

With your LRP X12 motor, I really suggest you try the older 101224 firmware....
It's not in the current USB link package, but if you PM me your Email adress, I can send it to you.

I haven't yet found a firmware from HW, faster then 101224 for this particular motor....
Although, I still need to try 930, but if it's boost and turbo wise the same as 211, it will not be faster.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
the software should have fixed the sensitivity issue with the x12 etc but let me go through it with michael again ill post later tonight

This is only a problem when you come to a complete stop and hold the brakes on or are spun around backwards.
I could get the speedy to go into sensorless any time I replicated these conditions.
Other than that in practice it was very good, just a problem when held on the brakes after warmup laps ( We have a slight downhill on the grid).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.