• 1 Post By MiamizFinest
  • 1 Post By Raman

OrangeRX for 4PX???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default OrangeRX for 4PX???

Did HobbyKing stop making these? I don’t know what model works.
Old 07-31-2022, 11:11 PM
Tech Lord

Not sure they have the T-FHSS version but I know they have a S-FHSS version. That is where to look at, just the Futaba protocol.....
Old 08-01-2022, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Not sure they have the T-FHSS version but I know they have a S-FHSS version. That is where to look at, just the Futaba protocol.....
Thanks for your input! Also holy hell I remember you from back in the day. I took a roughly 7 year break from RC and am slowing getting back in. I remember you from back in the day. Good to see a familiar face! (Kinda but you know what I mean) thank you!
Roelof likes this.
Old 08-03-2022, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MiamizFinest
Did HobbyKing stop making these? I don’t know what model works.

Unless something changed, I know when I had my 4PX the HobbyKing Orange offerings were INCOMPATIBLE with the 4PX as the 4PX uses the C2 RX mode and the Orange RX offerings, at the time, were C1 mode. Same applied to the 7PX. That last Futaba radio that allowed you to change modes was the 4PK in which you could choose either C1 or C2 mode if memory serves me correct. This was stripped from future flagships and It's unfortunate as the Orange RX were a nice, cheap option and has since fallen off the face of the universe.

I know when I had my 7PX and couldn't find a R2008SB RX (there was a shortage at the time), I successfully used a Corona 8 channel RX but only 4 of the channels actually worked/had output.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:29 PM
Tech Lord

The C1 and C2 mode is the FASST system, basically I would not use that because it is outdated.

There are several brands with S-FHSS receivers and I know DasMicro has a decent T-FHSS receiver. DasMicro has also T-FHSS micro receivers for 1/28 cars.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

- DasMikro Store
wow
Old 08-03-2022, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by the rc guy
Well, there you go, you have one option from Dasmikro for not much less than buying a genuine off RCMart. The HK OrangeRX Futaba surface RX ranged from $20-$30, that was a better deal. There's usually options out there.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I’ve been looking for alternative FASST receivers. I too noticed Orange is not in stock at HobbyKing and unclear if it’s discontinued. Fly sky version is also gone.

I thought I had struck gold when I found the (no pun intended) Corona C4FA-HV on Alibaba Express for $18. So I ordered 2. They arrived last night. I bound it to my 4PKS on C1. Put car on stand and tested it.. seemed all good. While it was on, I started to moved it around to place it on chassis and green led went to red blinking. Signal loss 🤦🏻 I tested it multiple times and eventually would result with red blinking. I tested second receiver, same result. I tested Futaba 603 to make sure maybe the servo or esc wire is shorting.. nothing

Sent email to Corona-RC and they responded immediately, saying they would show my video to their engineer. This morning, they responded that I need to get in touch with the seller that sold it to me on AliExpress. 🤣😂🤣😂

stascom likes this.