Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cal-Coast Racing League

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

This is a bummer.
We need 24 entries prior to racing to cover our costs. We just can't get the #'s. Between the cost of insurance and school fee's we are stuggling. We need some new ideas, new location or what Gee dub stated in the previous post. But then that gets real complicated for me.
Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,
Chris

We will try again in August.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Seems to me if local racing is going to continue some things need to change.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Letz race!

Hey guys and gals Chris S. here,if I may make a suggestion,over here in the Central Valley we just had our first race of a 10 race series with a 2 race throw out.You can get all the info at www.tularecountyrc.com .I said all that to say this.We recently had the annual Downtown Visalia Car Show,where we were invited to put on a race in the street during the show. One of our racers knew a manager at Saturn of Visalia and invited him out to one of our races. He liked what he saw enough to be the person responsible for getting us invited to race at the show! Sooo now 5 of our races are being held at Saturn of Visalia's lot! Long winded Iknow. So here's the suggestion,someone in your group may know a manager or an owner of a dealership in your area that may be willing to provide the area it takes to hold a race due to the amount of attention that our hobby attracts.i.e. potential car buyers that stop by to see what's going on.Trust me on this one,our hobby in a high profile area does attract lookers! Please check out the web site for the details of our series.There could be some ideas there that could be applied to the situation at the coast.Whew! I talk more than Joe! Seriously I hope these thoughts might be of some help.Can't wait to come over and see & race with everyone again.See ya at the races.Chris S.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I see Jim Bishop is involved with that - good to see, I know he's had some problems getting things going over that direction.

I raced with him a little years ago -
Old 07-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Bailey
This is a bummer.
We need 24 entries prior to racing to cover our costs. We just can't get the #'s. Between the cost of insurance and school fee's we are stuggling. We need some new ideas, new location or what Gee dub stated in the previous post. But then that gets real complicated for me.
Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,
Chris

We will try again in August.
Sorry to see the turn outs are as low as they are. We've been going thru the same decline in attendance, but we're not sure if moving the onroad day to Saturday hurt us. Begining in September, we're going to move back to Sundays to see if that had any effect. I know some of the core group have just put thier sedans down for what ever reason. I hope the racers give you feedback to try and remedy this soon! Good luck, and I'll be back projects permitting!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Shopkeeper
Seems to me if local racing is going to continue some things need to change.
Im open for any suggestions. Pm me if u need to or call me.

What needs to change in your opinion?
Thanks.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Everything for sale

Hello All,
Sorry to say I'm getting out of the hobby for a minute. I'm selling everything, so if your looking for something stop by my post and see if there's something you like. I live in Lompoc, so I'll ship for free if you live in the central coast. Thanks, Dennis

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174030
Old 07-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Racing RC's On the Central Coast will never Be the same.

Racing RC's On the Central Coast will be a Whole New Breed

Racing RC's on the Central Coast will live!

More News to Come. Watch this board and wait for the Excitement to unfold
Old 07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

so when is the next race date?
Old 07-28-2007, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Jeff,

I'm doing a 2 day VELODROME race in Encino this weekend - then I'm hoping to get a LOCAL date nailed down (hopefully we'll have a date and be on location within 2 weeks)

Things are fairly quickly coming together...we had a pretty good meeting at the Pizza place on the 19th.

We'll be working on a few other new things starting probably Tuesday (cause after this weekend I'll be wiped out for a day or two)

btw - GOOD RUN at the SHOOTOUT at HOTRODS~~
Old 07-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

shameless bump

Last edited by gee-dub; 07-31-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

...running a little bit behind where I wanted to be..due to our 2 day VELODROME race last weekend (I forget how much work that can be..)

But, I have registered a NEW domain name for the local racing program and will be working on that in my spare time too...

www.centralcoastrcracing.com is where News and Info will be posted for the LOCAL racing scene.

Thanks to the local McDonald's franchise (TED) helping us out...

McDonald's of NIPOMO will be the official sponsor of the local racing.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the update Joe!!
Old 08-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SWTour
...running a little bit behind where I wanted to be..due to our 2 day VELODROME race last weekend (I forget how much work that can be..)

But, I have registered a NEW domain name for the local racing program and will be working on that in my spare time too...

www.centralcoastrcracing.com is where News and Info will be posted for the LOCAL racing scene.

Thanks to the local McDonald's franchise (TED) helping us out...

McDonald's of NIPOMO will be the official sponsor of the local racing.
thanks to joe for 'picking up the reigns', and thanks to ted for helping make it happen. for those that may not have raced on the coast a (real) long time, ted has been responsible for helping the local stuff on many levels over the years.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Let'z Race!

Greetings from the Central Valley! Chris S. here, sure is awfully quiet on the forum,so what's the haps? Had a great time racing at Cycle Art Racing last night in Fresno. This a good example of numbers dwindling to so few that racing was cancelled several months back! But by efforts of the owner & managers, by flyers at local hobby shops,and by word of mouth they decided to try again approx.4 months ago, and racer's numbers have been steadily increasing each month(race once a month) last night there were 24 entries.Our Tulare County RC Saturn of Visalia 500 series has been attracting 20 to 30 entries twice a month,even in the heat of the Central Valley.Please do not take this as an in your face commentary, it is in no way ment that way!!! This is ment to encourge you to not to give up.The racers are the ones who can and should be the ones responsible for spreading the word throughout the racing community i.e. racers who may have cooled down or given up all together.........Word of mouth.There may be more support out there than you think,but it will take some effort on the part of the local racers over there,it cannot and should not fall completely on the shoulders of Chris,Bryan,&Mark after all they are racers too,wanting to race also just like us!!!!! Joe I'm taking your advice & watching the website.Pardon me while I climb down from this soapbox.My hope is to encourge not critisize.Hope to see everyone at the coast races soon.Chris S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.