Wiki Posts
Search

The Coliseum at HobbyTown USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I wish I was the king of any class anymore. I do well with the Slash and the Losi Strike. Those new Blitzs give me a run and then some. Two guys really have them working well and makes me wheel to keep up so its alot of fun.

2wd mod is wild at Bumps this year. It is normally the biggest class every week since we split the Slash class into (Spec and Pro Spec). We normally have 12 to 15 in each Spec class and 15 to 10 buggies every week. Its insane.

Glad you still have the Slash. Still a great truck to have. I'm working on a mod Slash ever so slowly. RIght now its brushless with a 13.5 and a MMP speedo, front sway bar, and Goosebump tires. Just ordered the new Proline suspension for it. Not sure when I will get to run it but still nice to have even if I just practice with it for fun.

The Strike is a work in progress. I have it working well but it has issues as you might of seen. I like running it though for something different abd because they are not suppose to work so my normal I had to get one and show it can work with some setup and tlc. You know I can't help myself when it comes to things like that.
did you put those aftermarket cvd in yet?
otherwise i have had no problems with the strike.handles like a dream-on carpet anyways-
Old 01-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Since I'm the biggest snow wimp, I'm not going to make tonight.

Will we be making the the Slash/SC10 class a permanent thing on Thursdays or is this just one time test of how to set up for Saturdays?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

i am selling 2 spx stock spec speed controls, 100 each, both in good condition. thanks
josh
Old 01-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Sportsmen Thursday night

Originally Posted by billb60
Since I'm the biggest snow wimp, I'm not going to make tonight.

Will we be making the the Slash/SC10 class a permanent thing on Thursdays or is this just one time test of how to set up for Saturdays?
No don't think it will be a permanent class, But Racer run Thursdays. So If you what it to stay talk it up and bring your friends. I would like to thank my chief mechanic Ray K. for his help tonight. Sportsmen night was great! Had 3 in 21.5 , 7 in 17.5, 4 in sliver can (3 first timers) and 3 in stock slash. Thanks to all for coming out. Hope you can make it next week.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by e-zer
No don't think it will be a permanent class, But Racer run Thursdays. So If you what it to stay talk it up and bring your friends. I would like to thank my chief mechanic Ray K. for his help tonight. Sportsmen night was great! Had 3 in 21.5 , 7 in 17.5, 4 in sliver can (3 first timers) and 3 in stock slash. Thanks to all for coming out. Hope you can make it next week.
I thought I asked you to post the results? We'll have to work on those computer skills. Results from sportsman night. Glad to see such a large turnout for it's return it shows Ed how much you really love him! (FYI SCT is recoil until this Saturday).
Old 01-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojoman
I thought I asked you to post the results? We'll have to work on those computer skills. Results from sportsman night. Glad to see such a large turnout for it's return it shows Ed how much you really love him! (FYI SCT is recoil until this Saturday).
How about your typing skills "(FYI SCT is recoil until this Saturday)"

So all the trucks pulled themselves back to the start line?
Old 01-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

What time on Saturday?
Old 01-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

.. . Tomorrow is a Charity Race doors open @ 9 - 9;30 bring some can goods 5/6 cans and or 20 buck donation , racing starts about 1 or 2 , classes on a few pages back . . . .

`Yes Sir Larry talked to Casey and he confirmed 9:00 it is !!!

Only because It is a special event dont forget ! C U THERE !!!!

~ Oh Yeah !

`

Last edited by KAHUNA; 01-08-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KAHUNA
.. . Tomorrow is a Charity Race doors open @ 9 - 9;30 bring some can goods 5/6 cans and or 20 buck donation , racing starts about 1 or 2 , classes on a few pages back . . . .
`
Casey may want to chime in, but more often than not the doors open closer to 10:00. Just an FYI.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I will be there at 9 am.

For a Great Day of racing!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A most excellent day of racing at The Coliseum yesterday, and well into the late evening as well!

The end of the Fall points series was very exciting- particiularly the close finish in Senior Spec between Dave Banks and Mark Tiamson, with Tiamson taking the overall win and the coveted Tamiya Ferrari F1 kit. Nice placques to the top finishers in each class, too.

Had a great time, as usual, and am looking forward to seeing everyone in February.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default what

Oh man what a great day of racing. I guess I'm gonna have to get to hobby town more often. I wanna to thank all the 17.5 mini guys for comming out and supporting the cause and having a good time doing it, and hopefully maybe some time in the near future we might get to be part of the points series. I hope we peaked the intrest of others to run 17.5 mini if so pm me or ask general question and I will try to lead you in the right direction.

Tamiya mini was a blast and I will be back for some more fun. Ray K and the guy sitting beside you (sorry can't remember your name) thanks for the help (metal ring for servo saver and oil filled shocks). Tom brown thanks for the use of the mini.

F1 woooow the comp was fearce and fast. I had the wrong rear tires on all day until the man and when I figured it out the car was dialed, and I'm ready to do it again. Todd Marshall I'm almost where you are, give me a little time.
Yes Zirrrr.
Oh congrats Brandon

3-dee Racing
Denmark
Old 01-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Is there a good painter in town? I need a Cuda body painted for VTA....
Old 01-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Great racing yesterday. Turnout was awesome. It's nice to see so many people come out to support a good cause. RC racers are among the best people around, with all of the fierce competition on the track, the pits are overflowing with charity and camaraderie. This is evident by all of the help and support you find as a new racer to RC or just new to a class. By simply asking, you can usually find setup help, driving tips, a replacement part or even borrow an entire car. I love this hobby and plan to stick with for some time.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Immo
Is there a good painter in town? I need a Cuda body painted for VTA....
Glitter Lidz Ken is a great guy and does great work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.