Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JCarr
Didn't notice that until you said it, I like it.
Dang! you are right. He got lucky. I could have looked like something innapropriate.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
it says preferred not required. And it says frowned upon not banned. So get your freak on painting I say. This is fun racing and should not be so rigid as to discourage someone from painting a killer body even if its not in the spirit of the rules. Of course this is from the guy that pushed the roar body appearance rules and won.
yeah I dont care how he painted it personally. I do like them somewhat period correct but im 1 for being a little different myself....look at my marble stripes on my 70 camaro
Old 08-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Dane
Something different. I'm not a huge fan of VTA bodies but my paint job makes it better

Whats Wrong with a Mexican Owning a VTA car and Painting it his Own Way?

This is ment as a JOKE ONLY!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Dane..I know you painted up that body, just being you...and I know you are running VTA as a class that is booming at Hotshots and all of GA, and you are not to much concern with "spirit"...but I got to ask...

Where is Melvin?...he should have pulled you to the side and gave you a stern talking to...lol...Im just playing...but put some numbers it...and race that Lion Easter Bunny Egg...

and dont forget...spam....

2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS IN MUSIC CITY,USA are coming really REALLY FAST!!!!!!

sign up asap and get ready for the BEST of the BEST in VTA and USGT racing...somebody is going home USVTA Southern National CHAMPION!!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Period correct, huh?

BOOM!

From this:

To this:

Thanks, Carl ("CSeils" on RCTech)

-Drew

Last edited by cation3; 08-02-2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: DAMN!: Just realised I forgot the door handle decals!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cation3
Period correct, huh?

BOOM!

From this:

To this:

-Drew
Bzzzt. No driver fig

Looks awesome.

And you can see it better
Old 08-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dane
But isn't the point of this thread to post pics of painted VTA bodies??

Whatever...these pointless rules keep the creativity out of it.
If you look in the original VTA thread, you will find where I took a verbal beating for very similar reasons. My ideas just didn't quite fit into what they were trying to accomplish with this class. Years later I am in the fray of people criticising the non conformist paint job.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yikes, I feel sorry for newcomers. Get ready to get restricted. Too bad. New class same racers.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Someone mentioned the release of new bodies earlier in the thread......has anyone heard if thats for real ?? I haven't seen any AndyH teaser posts lately !
Old 08-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think the problem here is that Dane and others who feel as he does are likely not old enough to have been around for the original Trans Am series in the 60's and 70's, so they have no real appreciation for it, and thus they think it's silly or restrictive to have rules that limit certain aspects of the cars such as the bodies and decals and paint schemes. to them it's just another rc car class and they don't want to be told they can't decorate their car as they wish.

That's fine, except that there are many who are a part of the USVTA series across the country who like the rules as they are and they don't feel "restricted". So to Dane and others who feel as he does, I say have your opinion, but don't put others down because you don't agree with them or the rules and "spirit" of the USVTA class. Start your own Trans Am or whatever series and form your own rules, or no rules at all, if that's your preference.

I'm in my 50's and I well remember the original Trans Am; and I like the rules that the USVTA have for this class. I certainly don't feel "restricted"!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

To each his own. VTA and other programs with clearly defined rules will always be an acquired taste. Love it or hate it, VTA is one of the most successful programs in all of rc racing and still growing. It won't stop because a few people don't like the rules. In fact, adherence to the rules is one of the best selling points for the class.
Anybody else think we can move on now !!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cation3
Period correct, huh?

BOOM!

From this:

To this:

-Drew
I like that...looks like mine...just not with the black in it...Ill bring it to Hotshots Wed....and we can get confused which car is who's....lol...

hey guys I started this thread so ppl can post their VTA shells...nothing more nothing less...lets just enjoy the BEST class in all of RC racing, and show off our paint...here is some that are ???????? but look good all the same...except Dirlas...lol
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-img_6419.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-camaro26.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-javelin_002.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-normal_dsc_0773.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-darkside-racing-001.jpg  

Old 08-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
thanks guys for posting these pics..all of them are really cool and have helped more ppl understand what separates this class of r/c racing from others....I just got done showing this to some guys and 2 outta of the 6 wants to try it out just because of the bodies/look.....and thats advertisement......

thanks Donald...

oh yeah I would like to post my fleet of TA's but it wont let me...any help please
Old 08-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Note to DARKSIDE.....

Originally Posted by StarrRacing
Any new word on the new bodies.?.?.? .... which ones? .... when?
I am going to "quote" my own "quote" from 2 pages ago because it seems to have gotten lost in all the discussion about period correct bodies.....

Darkside, you mentioned a while back that there were some New Bodies coming.... Any New News.?.?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
new bodies coming soon....
Originally Posted by dodgeboy
What body???
Any new word on the new bodies.?.?.? .... which ones? .... when?
I am going to "quote" my own "quote" from 2 pages ago because it seems to have gotten lost in all the discussion about period correct bodies.....

Darkside, you mentioned a while back that there were some New Bodies coming.... Any New News.?.?
sorry guys...I was talking about my new bodies...or paint...Ive painted up some new bodies, just havent had time to take pics and post...Im not sure if HPI or Proto are putting out anything new

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.