Old 04-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Marcos.J
does your BRB sets include a conrod?
yep, all come with conrod
Old 04-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
I saw conrods blew up on every single brand, including airmodeling and boating-no one brand has insurance. Some of the brands is better, some of them really bad, but again it does happened to every single brand-no exceptions. I think it depends of price-more expencive last longer, due the high cost of materials. Not every bronze will work there, not every Al alloy will stay on conrod. If something cheap-it means cost of production is cheap, materials are cheap, so low quality.
i do see what you are saying, but you go by probabilities. the probability of a novarossi conrod braking is so much slimmer than that of a pico (mega). i personally have never seen a novarossi conrod break. i am not saying that it will not happen. but i am saying in the limited amount of time that i have seen the pico run i have seen four conrods go.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:48 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally posted by joemugen
i do see what you are saying, but you go by probabilities. the probability of a novarossi conrod braking is so much slimmer than that of a pico (mega). i personally have never seen a novarossi conrod break. i am not saying that it will not happen. but i am saying in the limited amount of time that i have seen the pico run i have seen four conrods go.
Last Year when Serpent still had the Nova based engine, a driver I know blew up 5! engines in 2 weeks....

Your wright, it wasn't the conrod, but the piston.......
Old 04-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by M7H
Last Year when Serpent still had the Nova based engine, a driver I know blew up 5! engines in 2 weeks....

Your wright, it wasn't the conrod, but the piston.......
ouch. I really feel that hurt my pocket just thinking about it.

All engines have flaws somewhere. Whether it be conrod, piston or hard to tune carbs. Its a trade off between reliability and raw power and each manufacture makes the decision to compromise whatever part they feel will give best performance with least problem.
Nova believe a really tight fit P/S is best for producing power but the downside is they fail if break in is not done properly (with care) and sometimes they just fail anyway regardless.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No you took me wrong. I am not saying that probability is the same, what I try to say-it is every brand has no "insurance" against broken conrds. I do have my own statistic for almost every single brand with "phisical evidence" (for study the issues) and there is a lot of interesting stuff I have collected around the world. I guess Paolo has sad before that they did have problem with conrdos and issue was fixed. Not that often you can see when Manufacturer accepted issue. Just for instance, Novarossi made 421 P AAC design, then after 2-3 month they realized it was wrong attempt and they stop making AAC, but they have never accepted or replaced any broken sleeve, at list I have never heard here in LA. I personaly respect Mega managment for this thing.
Edward
Old 04-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

would a different brand of con-rod fit to prevent from buying and buying them?
Old 04-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by roadrage
would a different brand of con-rod fit to prevent from buying and buying them?
Nope, everthing within brand can be exchangable, but from brand to brand in most cases no. I know Sirio Sleeve almost indentical to Novarossi ( 3.5 size) but hole for wrist pin is 0.5 mm higher then on Novarossi. I did tryed to put Sirio set in Nvarossi with Novarossi conrod, but timing on Transfer was way to high and engine was uncontrolable (very bad). I did for fun.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default Con-rods in need of replacing.

If your engine starts popping plugs one after another, and the basic engine tune ambient temp etc stayed the same then i start suspecting con-rod as well.

I'm kind of curious as to what kind of hard facts data Joe Mugen has when he labels mega picco's as engines with bad con rods??
Old 04-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Con-rods in need of replacing.

Originally posted by RayJ
If your engine starts popping plugs one after another, and the basic engine tune ambient temp etc stayed the same then i start suspecting con-rod as well.

I'm kind of curious as to what kind of hard facts data Joe Mugen has when he labels mega picco's as engines with bad con rods??
i have personally witnessed 4 condrods go bad. i know a "team" driver in particular--- not naming names--- have atleast two go, maybe three--- i witnessed one of his.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Joe and I live in MIami, home to Serpent USA. When those engines came out, all the locals here had em, and within a month of running, I started hearing about a popping con-rod issue. Spoken with several Serpent USA drivers that say the same. Seen a few of em go myself. It's pretty bad. I have it and i'm scared to run it. I have like 2 conrods sitting in my bench, i might jsut sell them and run it till it pops. It really is a shame, the engine does perform how they said it would.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Con-rods in need of replacing.

Originally posted by RayJ

don't get me wrong... i think these engines are the fastest out there. to tell you the truth, i could probably handle the rod issue. i would just replace it every gallon, because i like the power. but now my engine has the leaning out issue as well. no matter what i do, the engine goes to 300+. paolo even spent time with me trying to get the engine to run right. i have also talked to an ex-fully sponsored team driver and he was telling me how serpent used pico a whiles back and they also had issues with rods and stuff and so they went back to novarossi.
also, serpent is not replacing conrods that went bad. they maybe admitted there is a problem with them, but they will not replace for free. they did replace the cranks on the .21 though.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Con-rods in need of replacing.

don't get me wrong... i think these engines are the fastest out there. to tell you the truth, i could probably handle the rod issue. i would just replace it every gallon, because i like the power. but now my engine has the leaning out issue as well. no matter what i do, the engine goes to 300+. paolo even spent time with me trying to get the engine to run right. i have also talked to an ex-fully sponsored team driver and he was telling me how serpent used pico a whiles back and they also had issues with rods and stuff and so they went back to novarossi.
also, serpent is not replacing conrods that went bad. they maybe admitted there is a problem with them, but they will not replace for free. they did replace the cranks on the .21 though.
I was wondering why the rod issue only happened in 0..12 and 0.15. the guys running 0.21 does not seem to have rod issue. I beleive they both are the same material in the rods...........
Old 04-27-2005, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Con-rods in need of replacing.

Originally posted by speedy100
I was wondering why the rod issue only happened in 0..12 and 0.15. the guys running 0.21 does not seem to have rod issue. I beleive they both are the same material in the rods...........
i do not know why. i was told the bushing in the .12 rod is softer than that of a novarossi. this causes the rod to wear faster.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Con-rods in need of replacing.

i do not know why. i was told the bushing in the .12 rod is softer than that of a novarossi. this causes the rod to wear faster.
the 0.21 motor has more punch but it does not seem they wear fast.........why would the broken rod happened in 0.12 as I assume they are same material...............???????????????????
Old 04-27-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Con-rods in need of replacing.

Originally posted by speedy100
the 0.21 motor has more punch but it does not seem they wear fast.........why would the broken rod happened in 0.12 as I assume they are same material...............???????????????????
thats a good question for paolo. my guess would be that the conrod for the .21 is thicker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.