Originally Posted by onnetz
I have a d12x 5+2 on the way and was wondering if the recommended breakin for that engine is the same as the d5r.. I couldnt find a manual to download for this particular engine.
the reason I'm asking is because it seems like I read somewhere in this thread that the materials used were a little softer..
Just follow the manual. It is the safest way.
Please remember some important keys;
1) Don't let it overheat during break-in(Not lean it too much the first gallon)...
2) Break-in at working temp....
3) Don't keeping at max rpm more than 1 sec when break-in...
4) Don't break-in engine at racing track especially there are many cars running on the track.....it is dangerous
5) Use hot plug,it is good for rich setting
All STS engines are shimmed for break-in process,after break-in you can remove some shims for better performance...