Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IDM Products?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would change the rod every gallon just like everyone has been saying. I just wanted to talk a little about the .21 engines this past weekend was my first experience with the .21 Idm engines and i am completely impressed by the power, and fuel consumption of these engines. I was runnig against some of the newer Rossi engines that cost twice as much and i was the only one that ran 20 laps in the qualifiers, i won the main by a good margin as well first race out. I ran it with the new byrons gen 2 fuel, with a idm 2033 pipe set, idm plugs and was making 5 30 on run time if needed. i had so much bottom end power i had to detune the clutch a little! Ive raced for a long time now and have never had to do that. I truly believe these are the best engines on the market, you cant go wrong give them a try!
Old 04-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-MAN
I would change the rod every gallon just like everyone has been saying. I just wanted to talk a little about the .21 engines this past weekend was my first experience with the .21 Idm engines and i am completely impressed by the power, and fuel consumption of these engines. I was runnig against some of the newer Rossi engines that cost twice as much and i was the only one that ran 20 laps in the qualifiers, i won the main by a good margin as well first race out. I ran it with the new byrons gen 2 fuel, with a idm 2033 pipe set, idm plugs and was making 5 30 on run time if needed. i had so much bottom end power i had to detune the clutch a little! Ive raced for a long time now and have never had to do that. I truly believe these are the best engines on the market, you cant go wrong give them a try!
u running the IDM .21 evo3 or the evo 2?? heard somewhere the IDM .21 EVO3 is comming soon
Old 04-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blanks596
just browsing through, but was wodering if changing the rod after every gallon is the standard procedure with any engine being raced. Also, which online shops carry the new IDM engines?

There are two shops now that carry the IDM engines online. They are Winners circle on the east coast and Kamikaze toys and hobbies on the west coast. There are shops all over that have them but I am not sure if they have on line buying.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ck960
u running the IDM .21 evo3 or the evo 2?? heard somewhere the IDM .21 EVO3 is comming soon

It is coming they are just being released slow as the production is getting ramped up for the line and also there are alot of orders to fill.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

just browsing through, but was wodering if changing the rod after every gallon is the standard procedure with any engine being raced. Also, which online shops carry the new IDM engines?

The issue here is that the engine is making alot of power and as it does the rod is the weakest link in the chain. The rpm's it turns is also not a joke. The rod for the .12 is a time issue. I have had drivers tell me that they have run 2 gallons with no problem then I have had people tell me that they see play in a gallon. For the .12 always a good idea to change it. It is a little insurance for a good engine. For the life of the engine I have drivers with 5 gallons and no issues what so ever just changing rods. For the .21 they have always been bigger able to take more but same issue.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

WE'LL i have heard that after break in change the rod about every 6months if im wrong info needed
Old 04-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You must be smoking some good sh!% when you posted this
Old 04-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
well max KAMIKAZE would be a distributor of IDM
Old 04-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xspower
It is coming they are just being released slow as the production is getting ramped up for the line and also there are alot of orders to fill.
any updates on what has been changed on the .21 evo 3 IDM??

for the conrods, i change them when i see to much play during inspection...
about 1.5 to 2 gallon normally and the bearings too when they get too much play normally 2 X con rod life
i have a IDM .12 EVO3 that still going very strong after 2 rod and bearing change... really worth for the money and when i pass other cars running more expensive engine at the back straight thats priceless
Old 04-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
I'm confused on how many versions of Piccos there are

Last edited by blanks596; 04-30-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xspower
...and Picco is currently producing orion engines like crazy. They almost have no capacity to do anything else.
I hope this was a good decision and won't fire back, now that Picco got their rep back.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:32 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Didn't I say this already?....
Old 05-01-2008, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

thans for the feedback & the info, I allways change the rod for every gallon on the 2 but the 3 pass the brake in and is finishing the 1st gallon and have no play on the rod but I will replace it cause I have my spare rods.
Thanks Guys & Jerry for the info. IDM + MTX-4R = absolute power jejeje...
Old 05-01-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Jerry for your help this past Florida State Series! I was able to TQ 5 of 7 races using IDM .21's. I only used 2 motors this year by switching them every race they both still have the original piston and sleeve. They still run good enough to TQ & Win the Sour Grapes trophy race too! I am really pleased in how the IDM's run. Thanks again Jerry for a great year!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Is IDM #7 plug a medium or cold plug?

there's no indications or anything else at all in the packing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.