Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

The hard part is these threads are started with such a frequency that its so hard to decipher whats truth and whats not ya know

Rctech is an invaluable tool that can be used to everybodys advantage , just gotta weed through the crap and bs

Happy motorin',
Monty
Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I used to get my engines modded by PowerhouseRc Mods, but it seems he has since vanished from the business. I can honestly say that he supplied me with the best performing 'modded' engines I have run to date....
Old 03-15-2013, 02:53 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by houston
Rctech is an invaluable tool that can be used to everybodys advantage , just gotta weed through the crap and bs
The most sad thing is that a starter or a racer with not much inside knowledge can not decide what is true, crap or even BS.....
Old 03-15-2013, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
The hard part is these threads are started with such a frequency that its so hard to decipher whats truth and whats not ya know

Happy motorin',
Monty

Monty, I understand that point. But even if a new person is seriously looking for such an engine and if people are trying to push their product, if their product is crap there will be enough people to say so. I mean IF it is started to push a product, if it is good who really cares, it is informing the public about a new great product, if it is a crap product, chime in and truly tell people what's up.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:15 AM
Tech Champion

...and sadder than that is that many of them let themselves get browbeat - whether by the modder himself or his clique of fanboys - into believing that they have to have a modded engine and that anything stock (or non-Italian...) is c.rap..

The whole Ford vs. Chevy modded engine thing is really kind of annoying and unnecessary..

Last edited by Herrsavage; 03-15-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

All I can say is it seems modified engines are being blamed for issues that are common to all nitro engines.............. I have had to tune hundreds of people's stock engines over the years that simply would not run right for them, every race I go to I always see plenty of guys flame out with their stock engines, and on these forums there is far more people posting about struggling to tune stock engines then are people posting about struggling to tune modified engines...every single thing you guys are trying to pin onto modified engines happens every dam race day with someone's stock engines just the same......... .......At the end of the day nitro engines are finicky and there is hundreds of things that can go wrong and make them not run correctly, and almost none of them have anything to with the engine being modified or not.............Nitro engines are picky, and they require a substantial amount of user skill to master, doesn't matter of they are stock or modified the same rules apply........modfied engines do require a little more maintenance and attention to detail, but they operate no differently then a stock engine....these are very simple devices with only 3 moving parts....If a engine is acting up it is very easy to pull it apart and find out why it is acting up as there is always going to be a underlying mechanical reason......there is no voodoo to these engines, either they are in good working condition or they are not......

Over the years if I had $10.00 for every time a stock engine flamed out at a race I was at, or for every misbehaving stock engine that I have had to tune and troubleshoot.....Well hard to say how much $$ that would be, but it would quite substantial to say the least LOL ! definitely enough to buy a few new turbo sleds .......

Last edited by Maximo; 03-15-2013 at 06:58 AM.