Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree19Likes

VP Powermaster Fuel.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have actually been still running fuel from last year, but still awesome....LOVE this fuel!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I just switched over to this fuel recently and found it easy to tune and consistant. My LHS didn't have the amount that I wanted so I ordered a case through Amain.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ecpete
I just switched over to this fuel recently and found it easy to tune and consistant. My LHS didn't have the amount that I wanted so I ordered a case through Amain.
And a case comes with six gallons, not 4 like the others for the same price or less.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Fuel

Ok. ifinally did a little testing on the fuel. I mixed a quart of 20% and a quart of 30% together and added about an ounce of castor oil. I put it in a rtr duratrax buggy from the hobby shop that was brand new out of the box. They wanted me to give it a shakedown to see if it would be a good connection between the traxxas trucks and a buggy.

What I noticed. It had the smoothest idle I have seen in a long time. It reminds me of the old powermaster fuel in how it runs. very nice. I will be trying it out in my race buggy soon and give a little feedback.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by merdith6
Ok. ifinally did a little testing on the fuel. I mixed a quart of 20% and a quart of 30% together and added about an ounce of castor oil. I put it in a rtr duratrax buggy from the hobby shop that was brand new out of the box. They wanted me to give it a shakedown to see if it would be a good connection between the traxxas trucks and a buggy.

What I noticed. It had the smoothest idle I have seen in a long time. It reminds me of the old powermaster fuel in how it runs. very nice. I will be trying it out in my race buggy soon and give a little feedback.
How on earth can you call that a test of the fuel straight from a can?
Old 08-15-2012, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default Huh

Well, the beauty of the system is I can do whatever I want. What are you the fuel police. I ran it in my Mugen buggy today and I didn't even have to adjust the engine coming from Byrons. I still need to go on to the track and run it some more, but first impressions are great.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Lord

I am no police but adding oil is done with many bad fuels. How opjective is your test by changing the fuel with adding extra oil?
Old 08-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Default I dunno

I'm testing my own way. I usually add a small ammount of oil to my fuel if it's less than 11% oil. It's no big deal. I'm not trying to perform a lab test or anything, just giving my opinion. why do you care anyway?
Old 03-20-2013, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Ok which CASTOR OIL DO I ADD TO BRING my VP 30% that is 9% up to 10% or 11%

This
Baker's Grade AA Castor Oil

http://www.sigmfg.com/IndexText/SIGCO001.html

Klotz BeNOL 2-Stroke Castor Oil Pint

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...oi%3C%2Fb%3Els
Old 03-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman007
Ok which CASTOR OIL DO I ADD TO BRING my VP 30% that is 9% up to 10% or 11%

This
Baker's Grade AA Castor Oil

http://www.sigmfg.com/IndexText/SIGCO001.html

Klotz BeNOL 2-Stroke Castor Oil Pint

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...oi%3C%2Fb%3Els
I wouldn't add anything.....IMO higher oil content creates more problems then it solves....oil disrupts combustion and lowers the detonation point...So to get power/throttle response you need to run the mixture leaner, and you have a narrower window to tune it in......
Old 03-20-2013, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maximo
I wouldn't add anything.....IMO higher oil content creates more problems then it solves....oil disrupts combustion and lowers the detonation point...So to get power/throttle response you need to run the mixture leaner, and you have a narrower window to tune it in......
Thanx sir. I need that info. A friend and I was talking about do we add oil or don't. I was using Byron's fuel but i can not get it anymore

all they have local is VP
Bluethunder
Traxxas fuel
and Morgan OMEGA

I would like to get more of the Morgan Siderwinder V2 Clear.

Thank you for clearing this up for us.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

If a fuel had full synthetic, I would automatically add castor.. Wish companies would indicate their oil percentage on their bottles.. I would rather have a well lube engine then a engine with poor lubricant running balls to the wall..
Old 03-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

VP definitely has some castor in it.....All engines I get back here using VP usually have substantial amounts of varnish on the inside...... So there is definitely some castor.....
Old 03-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Buddy found this

http://www.controlchat.com/castor-oil-vs-synthetic-oil/

Why use Castor oil?

Castor oil has been used as a lubricant for decades. Its chemical structure allows it to polymerise at high temperatures to form a sticky wax type material often referred as castor varnish. This wax still has lubricating properties. In the event of oil starvation the wax still separates the metal surfaces for a short time.

Why use synthetic oil?

Synthetic oils typically offer high film strength without the wax formation. Wax formation can be undesirable in ringed engines where the wax build up can result in ring sticking which will lead to a ring failure and subsequent engine failure. Synthetic oils also tend to keep the insides of the engines cleaner which results in more consistent combustion.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Frequently Asked Questions

http://www.osengines.com/faq/faq-q663.html

Castor oil has been replaced in most fuels by some kind of synthetic oil. The synthetic oils used in model fuels are basically synthetic versions of castor oil. The synthetic oils are used because they are: 1) less expensive than castor oil; 2) less gummy than castor oil; and 3) leave less mess on the model than castor oil. They are not "better" oils, but oils with different characteristics that are highly desirable. For "problem" engines, a fuel with some castor is highly desired, because it is actually a better lubricant at the operating temperatures a model engine can generate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.