Search
Like Tree13Likes

Maxima Engines\Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stanleyw808
Hello token & HaulinBass,

Maxima is a brand from a legit Chemical company in Thailand. The owner loves motorsports. There was a moment where the owner and the son got into R/C scene and started to involve deeper into R/C activity.

Cheers..
Yup. I know the scoop
Old 10-03-2021, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Still silly, that people still want these, even after the anouncement... Maxima Mx B2R Engines - Brand New
Old 10-03-2021, 08:12 AM
Tech Lord

Why not, they are OS made so OS parts will fit. But whu wants to buy an OS engine with a different name while the original OS is cheaper to get?

Last I had an OSMAX XR-B v3 to break in which is with its timings and so close performance a same like the more expensive OSMAX B2103. The guy payed 190 euro, that is a nice price for a B2103 like engine.
Pedro Jesus likes this.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:54 AM
Tech Rookie

CRP motors was maxima, maxima is trademarked in the USA to a competitor oil company so Maxima was never truly sold here properly. There is a new head with lower cg than stock also a hardened back plate. The maxima b2r were slightly ported with some crank work but no timing change. The real secret to the success to the motor is nothing you can see by eye. Maxima is an oil and chemical company their improvement is actually chemically altering the composition of the stock material. Formula one teams all use chemical treatments on all components and so do we.
Old 04-22-2023, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Crpete
CRP motors was maxima, maxima is trademarked in the USA to a competitor oil company so Maxima was never truly sold here properly. There is a new head with lower cg than stock also a hardened back plate. The maxima b2r were slightly ported with some crank work but no timing change. The real secret to the success to the motor is nothing you can see by eye. Maxima is an oil and chemical company their improvement is actually chemically altering the composition of the stock material. Formula one teams all use chemical treatments on all components and so do we.
ok. Keep telling yourself this crap.... they were OS motors. With nothing special other than rework, and shoddy rework at that! cool first post
stanleyw808 likes this.
Old 04-22-2023, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks yea I thought it was a good first post too. The porting one crank work by maxima is very minimal. The success of the motor actually speaks for its self, I’m fact currently most of our sales are going to ppl who owned and raced maxima motors and all say it it the best motor they ever owned. You can call it crap all you like no problem, but I myself actually believe in science and that is what this is not crap. If you don’t believe no problem don’t buy one all good but without actually running one or even tuning one you will never know. Yes this is invisible speed but it is real, everybody dlc coats cranks and you can see it but why? Because it is slippery and anti corrosion it reduces friction which equals more power and better run time which is what we claim and provide but it’s just crap so please don’t buy your choice
Old 04-22-2023, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Cool story guy... Maxima did not reinvent DLC... that came stock on their OS Supplied cranks. Keep drinking the Kool aide though... that motor never was, nor will it ever be worth what some blindly were willing to pay. As for sucess, therereally was not much, so there is that too. Now I will assume you are just getting on the Maxima Fan - Band wagon... perhaps you should do some digging yourself to see what crappy work the motors were based on. I will steer you in the right direction, all the info can be found within the French and Italian RC forums, along with some here.
stanleyw808 likes this.
Old 04-23-2023, 02:10 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Crpete
Yes this is invisible speed but it is real, everybody dlc coats cranks and you can see it but why? Because it is slippery and anti corrosion it reduces friction which equals more power and better run time which is what we claim and provide but it’s just crap so please don’t buy your choice
Yes, DLC is low friction, prevents corrosion and most important of all, it gives a surface hardening.
You want a hard crankpin but you want to keep some flex in the crankshaft or else it will crack. With DLC you can use a less advanced steel keeping some flex in the crankshaft after some hardening and due the DLC coating still have less wear on the crankpin.

And DLC has another advantage. The low friction does not do much when the rod is on an oil film. On high revs you come to a limit of lubrication. At the end of the straight (for sure with onroad) there will be a shortage of lubrication, and there comes the hard and low friction coating in to fill up that gap where oil does not work well.... Some brands have tried smaller crankpins to lower the crankpin surface speed but that did result in more splitted rods.
Old 04-23-2023, 06:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Cool story guy... Maxima did not reinvent DLC... that came stock on their OS Supplied cranks. Keep drinking the Kool aide though... that motor never was, nor will it ever be worth what some blindly were willing to pay. As for sucess, therereally was not much, so there is that too. Now I will assume you are just getting on the Maxima Fan - Band wagon... perhaps you should do some digging yourself to see what crappy work the motors were based on. I will steer you in the right direction, all the info can be found within the French and Italian RC forums, along with some here.
Wow you don’t read well do you, I never said we reinvented dlc, dlc is done by o.s Maby you should lay off the koolaid I think you’ve have too much

Last edited by Crpete; 04-23-2023 at 07:08 PM.