Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clackamas R/C Hobbies & Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Just talked to Bruce(Premier) and he is planning his schedule. He is working around Timezone, Clack and Dave's.

He has agreed to move onroad race nights to Friday(or Wednesday) at 7pm for Timezone racing on Thursdays, but is really hoping to keep the Tuesday night offroad that his program has been running.

Is there someone(Jackie?) that could get in touch to make sure we take care of each other and don't double book?

PM Bruce or call his shop.

We're gonna be spoiled this winter with RC Racing!

Thanks!
-Tommy Tuite
Old 07-29-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MarkA
Easy fix = Clackmas OffRoad to Weds, Premier OnRoad to Friday nights since Oval there looks stillborn at best. Saturdays = TZ OnRoad, Clackmas OffRoad with Premier running Sunday OffRoad.

All PDX-area schedule conflicts solved in less than 25 words; other solutions work just as well, i.e. Premier OnRoad to Weds, etc.
Let's not make this harder than it needs to be everyone.
Mark im with ya 100%. Except the stillborn part. I have not even set up the oval except for a private night we did a few weeks back. I didnt intend to run oval till daves was done. Im all for the schedule you have purposed.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TopGear_RC
Mark im with ya 100%. Except the stillborn part. I have not even set up the oval except for a private night we did a few weeks back. I didnt intend to run oval till daves was done. Im all for the schedule you have purposed.
If you are not running oval, what is happening on those nights over there? Are you closed?
Old 07-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Scheduling discussion = good
Specific track questions to that track's thread please.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TopGear_RC
Thanks Bruce, glad someone hasn't forgot about us out here. It is still summer, right?
Old 07-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dave's summer 150% completely aside from this:

There will never be a time to make everyone happy. What about RCplus and NWH? No matter what we do, we collide with them and/or premier. What about Cottage Grove? They come up and support us! How far do we take it? I am not saying we should not try. But there will always be the guy who complains because of scheduling conflicts. Especially people who we see at our track once every 9 months who do not have a conflict of scheduling and then wants to have an opinion on when we should race.

There has already been shit thrown over the fence between tracks. Two 'completely. different.' tracks. The schedule everyone's all happy about also screws over Clackamas when summer hits. Their Saturday. No heavy hitter day. Leaving them with zero optional days, forcing only them to modify their schedule at their detriment.

Meshing with Dave's has and never will be a problem for any track in their right mind. The decision ultimately will be made on who gets the short straw.
-------------

Edit: And Dave! You have no idea how much I'm hating this summer not being able to be there every single Sat.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Racing to night come support the track for a track change
Old 07-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

blah blah blah blah

Last edited by RonBegeot; 07-29-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For me I wouldn't mind changing my setup. I like wrenching on my car at home or just getting a separate car. I would make it probably at least once a week if it didn't interfere with premiers schedule but if they land on the same night the obvious choice for me is the carpet. so many benefits.

Note: On carpet you can pretty much run a clay setup with stiffer springs, different tires and a lower ride height and be competitive. We aren't talking massive changes. Everything just seems to work on the carpet.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The best day to race for any track is what works for that tracks regulars. They are the ones who keep that track open.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tschulz3
The best day to race for any track is what works for that tracks regulars. They are the ones who keep that track open.
Yup.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tschulz3
The only question is, are regulars enough to keep a track open? History has shown this to not be the case. I would assume that having racing on different weekdays could only benefit overall attendance. I think it would be prudent to review the options before making any decisions.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by angrymelon
The only question is, are regulars enough to keep a track open? History has shown this to not be the case. I would assume that having racing on different weekdays could only benefit overall attendance. I think it would be prudent to review the options before making any decisions.
Whoa there, tiger! Stop making sense!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by angrymelon
since I don't know who "angrymelon" is I dont know how to respond. What history are you talking about? The history of the track is whats keeping it open now. ohhh and "the sorcerer" do you even race?????

Last edited by RonBegeot; 07-29-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Robert Bakoczy
For me I wouldn't mind changing my setup. I like wrenching on my car at home or just getting a separate car. I would make it probably at least once a week if it didn't interfere with premiers schedule but if they land on the same night the obvious choice for me is the carpet. so many benefits.

Note: On carpet you can pretty much run a clay setup with stiffer springs, different tires and a lower ride height and be competitive. We aren't talking massive changes. Everything just seems to work on the carpet.
I'm glad your enjoying yourself on the carpet. Your a fun driver to race with and always competitive. Now that there is an option I plan on sticking with what the majority of the track surfaces are in the NW or the US for that matter as I enjoy bouncing around racing and want to be competitive. I also am looking forward to a cleaner environment this year in Clackamas.

Last edited by RonBegeot; 07-29-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.