Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 07:29 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sorry I missed it guys.

Awesome pics, Raz! Super cool.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ran 2 STs at the track yesterday. Great fun! Here's a few pics of #1 for the moment. #2 I'll be fixing up its steering.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 34x17
Awesome pics of the C4.2's, great to meet you and your son last night! If you guys need any more advice or help sourcing stuff just let me know. Looking forward to seeing you at the track soon!
Ah 34x17 CX gearing? Thanks John. Great seeing you and your very talented son at work with those buggies.

Just fixed up the worst of the problems in my 2 trucks and hope to be making more craters in the track again soon.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by raz14
Ah 34x17 CX gearing? Thanks John. Great seeing you and your very talented son at work with those buggies.

Just fixed up the worst of the problems in my 2 trucks and hope to be making more craters in the track again soon.
Nice.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

34x17 was my MTB singlespeed gearing ... then I got smart and discovered derailleurs again! Much better on the knees and a lot less setup for every ride/race!

Was really digging the clay on Friday -- hoping to get out to race soon but the kid scheduling is mad crazy with school starting!
Old 09-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 34x17
Was really digging the clay on Friday -- hoping to get out to race soon but the kid scheduling is mad crazy with school starting!
Yes contending with school and work I much prefer to visit on a weekend and make a day of it.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default This weeks schedule

Due to the Invitationals this weekend at Dave's rc tracks we will be closed Fri. Sat. Sun.

Last edited by Lyle; 09-04-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Both trucks now upgraded to super stock. Thanks to Chocco and Kenny for setting me up with motors. Looking forward to running again next weekend.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Smile We are back to our normal schedule

Tuesday practice 11.00-6:30 racing at 7:00
Wednesday & Thursday practice 2:00-8:00
Friday practice 11:00-6:00 racing at 6:30
Saturday & Sunday practice 10:00-5:00

Last edited by Lyle; 09-10-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

I need to get tire selection sorted out my trucks. The softest tires I have balloon out and effectively add steering inputs as they deform, causing the truck to skitter about and veer off line.

All the other tires I have are much harder and break loose. Perhaps I could try saucing up the harder tires I have. They are mostly surburbs, barcodes and a couple of bk-bars.

Is there are favored brand of sauce at the track? Many folks running home brew? Are there rules for the more odorous stuff?
Old 09-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The only tires you really should need are Gold-compound barcodes. One set with broken in tread and one set with ghost-pins will cover most track surface scenarios you'll see. Trying to make others work will quickly become a square peg-round hole situation, especially if you're trying to use non-clay compounds that are already too soft or hard before you've even started. Focus on getting your truck(s) and your driving dialed in around those and you'll save yourself alot of grief in otherwise chasing tires.

I don't know what the current "hot" sauce is up there and it will be necessary to sauce to ultimately optimize laptimes but you generally can't sauce a tire that just won't work into working.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MarkA
The only tires you really should need are Gold-compound barcodes. One set with broken in tread and one set with ghost-pins will cover most track surface scenarios you'll see. Trying to make others work will quickly become a square peg-round hole situation, especially if you're trying to use non-clay compounds that are already too soft or hard before you've even started. Focus on getting your truck(s) and your driving dialed in around those and you'll save yourself alot of grief in otherwise chasing tires.

I don't know what the current "hot" sauce is up there and it will be necessary to sauce to ultimately optimize laptimes but you generally can't sauce a tire that just won't work into working.
Thanks for your tips. I have a sack of tires and that came with the used trucks I bought and will try to identify any with clay compounds.

Perhaps the real soft ones that grip well just need a set of closed cell inserts to control the ballooning.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I need to get tire selection sorted out my trucks. The softest tires I have balloon out and effectively add steering inputs as they deform, causing the truck to skitter about and veer off line.

All the other tires I have are much harder and break loose. Perhaps I could try saucing up the harder tires I have. They are mostly surburbs, barcodes and a couple of bk-bars.

Is there are favored brand of sauce at the track? Many folks running home brew? Are there rules for the more odorous stuff?
Hey raz- I wouldn't waste your time with open cell inserts. They are honestly terrible in Stadium Truck. The tire is way to big and they just fold over. I guess there OK for a practice day or just messing around. They can be very frustrating though because the lack of traction they have. AKA Red inserts are much better! Even on a loamy track. I would suggest Jconcepts Gold Barcodes front and rear with AKA red inserts front and rear. Grab some SXT sauce and sauce heavily for the first couple runs to break them in. After that saucing is not as important. Hope this helps! Have fun. Stadium Truck is a blast! We had 18 Super Stock ST's at dave's last weekend
Old 09-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Who's in for stock buggy tomorrow night?
Old 09-11-2014, 06:19 PM

I will be there.

Raz, Gold Barcodes, Any closed cell phone. (proline,Jc,AKA) and any sauce will make a night and day difference for you. Perfect world is as Jcozz described it but it's not necessary.

If you come down tomorrow night, I will gladly throw sauce on your tires and help out. If you buy some inserts and bring them down, I'll cut your tires open and re-foam them for you too. Whatever ya' need.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.