Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

The 1st thing I do is go inside the shop and look to see whats on the shelf, which more than likely isn't there. If it's not there the next step is to ask my buddies. Step A usually fails, Step B works 50% of the time. If Step A or Step B had to be used for the day I end up getting on Wolf Hobbies or Raceday's ebay store and order the part along with extras.

I gotta admit I probably would've went with the Mugen if I waited a little longer before I bought my car. That said I really do love my +Evo and I do like Team Magic's different style. If this new car does well I'm sure parts availablity will become more of a non-issue. In the meantime, parts does suck and so does the downtime waiting for them.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
chiefy sorry to hijack the tread but I see yo're in the states too, what do you do for parts support? I was checking through TMs website and noticed they no longer have the rc shopping store they used to..wtf how do they expect to provide parts for their customers?

anyways what do you do? do u have local parts support? do u stack up on parts? if so what do you buy?

I had my TM g4s and never broke anything on it except for a shock tower which was a result of my fualt, but still if its this hard to find parts why should I buy another TM?
Here is the link for ordering from TM directly

http://www.rcshopping.com/index.jsp?tag=index
Old 02-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Wolfhobbies.com is the current US TM distributor. You can order directly from them.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

More detail infromation from Team Magic.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

the car looks awesome whats the price tag going to be rcmanufactory?? can you give us a clue?? i hope it remains the same as the +evo
Old 02-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

I think this car has potential now ..... ( considering the previous models were suckers ).

I like the idea of getting thinner, narrower and flexier.

I hope wrenching experience, simplicity and reliability are better now.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone notice the most important upgrade on that kit!??

TM finally put a REAL handle on the G4, not this tiny a$$ plastic piece that flexes and burns your hand all the time.

I am interested in price, release date, parts support, and of course included upgrades, for example the g4s had a one way lockable to a solid frotn axle now they only have diffs what gives? Isnt a lockable axle which acts as a one way better? Its 2 things in one and also allows for smooth braking.

also does the radio tray now sit SOO low that the linkages have to be bent? wow isnt that gonna ruin some servos from scraping

and finally the g4 II should have all the basics upgrades from the other cars right? like ED transmission, UFO II centax, easy diff access,etc? I mean they can only improve not downgrade...right?

lets point out things we like/want/TM should change, you never know if they read these forums.

my Likes

1) New handle/roll cage
2) engine angled Looks agreesive

my wants

1) One way lockable solid axle included for the front
2) Include all the basic upgrades the g4+ and RS had like ED transmission and UFO II clutch
3) Keep the steering working, the original G4 had a horrible steering rack that never worked and binded

TM should change

1) In the real pictures the body posts are the old flmisy ones, in the illistrations they are new beefier Xray type posts...USE THE BEEFIER ONES.
2) Include CVDs all around...cmon dogbones are a thing of the past no other major company includes dogbones anymore, Mugen, Xray to name a few all have CVDs.

Last edited by rcrevolution; 02-12-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Wink not a copy

Originally Posted by wingracer
It doesn't use an Xray tank so it's not a copy

Put an Xray tank on a TC3 and they WOULD call it a copy.

Didn't Mugen guys (like me but others too) bitch about the Xray being a Mugen copy
no it not a copy it will call x-tc3 made by xray with all the parts support from team associated should be a killer deal
Old 02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

well about the ed transmition i think it is changed, with these super small diffs they need to use less teeth and also if you see closely the spur gears are now biger, so they must have changed the ed. also i dont think that they will downgrade.....
Old 02-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

WOW!!!! There seems to be a fair bit of interest about this car and no one even knows how good it is yet so if it performs as good as what it looks like then it should take the 1/10 on road scene by storm. Maybe even change the hobby forever

Can't wait to get some feedback on it though

I wonder who will be the first company to try and copy TM's design and concepts ???
Old 02-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

This G4 II concept looks great fellas and I know more than a few on the forum are excited about the kit but the bottom line is, if TM can't correct the problems with the distributor here in the states it will be all for not. Just my honest opinion. If you can't provide proper support for the product then the hobby shops will just have them sitting on the shelf or they'll be sitting in someone's garage collecting dust like my G4RS.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

you think sending TM an email would at least get them to think about it? TM was still a brand to buy when Raceday was selling parts, but I would really hate relying on wolfhobbies alone to distribute parts in the states, they can charge w/e they want cause they are the only place to buy here.

this really stinks, a great car like the g4 and poor business descisions by company..

I will wait for this to come out and see what it can do but I think I will go with Xray, Mugen, or Kyosho if TM doesnt put another distributor in the states, even though I would really rather have a g4 because I already know the car.

I also hope TM doesn't pull a G4 II then G4S II then G4RS II just to add the upgrades that are already out and make more money. I hope w/e transmission they include its already an upgrade of the previous ED and the same goes for every other "new" part

Last edited by rcrevolution; 02-12-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer*
i hope it remains the same as the +evo

We believe that.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
you think sending TM an email would at least get them to think about it? TM was still a brand to buy when Raceday was selling parts, but I would really hate relying on wolfhobbies alone to distribute parts in the states, they can charge w/e they want cause they are the only place to buy here.

this really stinks, a great car like the g4 and poor business descisions by company..

I will wait for this to come out and see what it can do but I think I will go with Xray, Mugen, or Kyosho if TM doesnt put another distributor in the states, even though I would really rather have a g4 because I already know the car.

I also hope TM doesn't pull a G4 II then G4S II then G4RS II just to add the upgrades that are already out and make more money. I hope w/e transmission they include its already an upgrade of the previous ED and the same goes for every other "new" part

Go with the Kyosho RRR Evo II, you won't regret it.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

xray might have "Luxury" but Team Magic have "Maturity"

this car doesn't do it for me, looks very difficult to work on, and a tight design. How much weight exactly does the slanted motor shift forward? is it the equivalent to moving the engine forward say, 2mm? seems a little gimmicky, but i could be wrong.

i do like how it has wire sway bar at the front, this would be alot easier to adjust, and probably alot more progressive in the feel. i notice the wire type moves up alot smoother and gradually wereas the bar type is very jerky, it is either on or of so to say in it's initial input

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.