Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 06:55 AM

Motorman-Did they decide not to do a conversion kit?
Old 12-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Uneke the conversion kit is still being discussed. The bottom line is it has to make sense to do it as it invloves about 70 % of the car and the most expensive parts.
it may be cost prohibitive. we don't want to kit somthing up like the 835 upgrade was. If its 190 to 230 on cost it won't make sense. Right now its not looking like it makes a lot of sense. you guys tell me what you think. I really want to knopw
This is what has to be in the upgrade.

new chassis
new top deck
new servo mounts
one piece engine mount
carbon front and rear shock towers http://www.kfactoryracing.com/production.jsp?id=K14109 see new HD rear shock tower here no need to double up carbon tower any more.4 mm Stock
ufo clutch
new spur gear for second
new steering and linkages
new one way
battery pack
new reciever bracket
new throttle linkage set and servo link
new side brace
new spider brace
new rear axles
new sway bar sets.

thats the minimum. its alot of parts. very little is old except the bumper system and the bulkheads,knuckles and suspension arms and even those have been re tooled for the first time since the g4 was launched in 2000 to verify all the alignment of the car
The new G4S is a major change not a minor upgrade as in the past.

Last edited by Motorman; 12-19-2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default upgrade kit

From an outsiders point of view, there are too many new parts to be packaged as an upgrade kit. It just would not be cost effective. Just my opinion on this subject.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

the sum of individual parts will ALWAYS be more expensive than the whole kit.
just look at the existing RDL Mongoose. if you add up all the KFactory upgrades that RDL have added to their kit, that's a lot of $$$ *AND* an immense savings to Mongoose owners.

it's the Team Magic G4 E or S-class owners who get screwed because they have to buy the KF upgrades themselves, just to bring their car similar in specs to the Mongoose.

the bottomline is .. if you can't make an upgrade kit available to existing G4 owners, that's just as good as giving them the flick - "Screw you guys, you gotta buy this spanking new kit just to keep up .. hahahah "

while the upgrade kit doesn't make economic sense, it provides continuity for existing G4 owners.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

I thought the G4S will come with the upgrades that already on the Mongoose?
Old 12-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default better performance??

Hi Dennis,
This is Howard (We've met at Mid West Series in Toledo).
Have you test the new chassis yet? I've seen the new chassis from a friend of mine (who drives and works for TM) and he told me it's a more stable chassis than the previous one. Just want to ask for your opinion to see what is the difference
Old 12-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default teammagic lv

evrything looks to be comming along nicely looking forward to new season
Old 12-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

howard I should have a picture of the production car in a few days. I have seen the prototype and have been given all of the detail so I have a pretty good Idea. The top deck will look just like the lemans but it will be carbon (thicker than before) It will use that layout but a bunch of other stuff is different. I haven't driven it yet we will be running it for the first time at the winternats. want to join us??we need to talk about some things. I will send you a pm so we can exchange numbers and talk.

Last edited by Motorman; 12-19-2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

sent you a pm
Old 12-20-2005, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't think a convertion kit should have all the part listed by motoman, many people have a lot of upgrade for their car, and many of the part don't really make G4S significantly different from G4-evo. the most thing that should include in the convertion kits should be those that are not interchangable between G4S and G4-EVO such as:
new chassis
new top deck
new servo mounts
new reciever bracket
new side brace
Battery or battery mounting peice (I make my own Battery)
that is my 2 cents
Old 12-20-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

thanks for your input as the discussion is ongoing, that is one of the concerns. what people have vs don't have
Old 12-20-2005, 06:32 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Motorman
The conversion kit is still being discussed. The bottom line is it has to make sense.........you guys tell me what you think. I really want to know..................
What's up Dennis, long time no talk. We are current distributors for TM here in Peru, and we had a sensational racing year with the G4's.

IMHO yes it makes sense to make an upgrade kit that doesn't have to be the full works, and still it would improve current G4's a lot. We've done a homemade conversion to current G4 evo's with a modified upperdeck as per the Le Mans, and new weight distribution improved performance a lot, also we put an UFO clutch, and it ,makes a hughe difference.

I think there should be an upgrade kit with:

new top deck
new servo mounts
ufo clutch
new reciever bracket

AFM
Old 12-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Motorman,

I agree with AFM ... in fact in spain (if you talk spanish, you can enter www.cochesrc.com) a couple of guys did the radio plate conversion and the car works better at the track ...

So, i think a conversion kit is needed, even WITHOUT the UFO (to be more budget oriented) ... but with the new weight distribution layout and linkages ...

Pat
Old 12-20-2005, 11:33 AM

Motorman-

That is exactly why I was asking.

I already have enough parts and upgrades to build almost two mongoose cars.

I guess in the end it will all depend on how much the pro car kit sells for.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the input on retrofit. Nickko reads these threads and I am sure he will value the input.

I can say that the projected street price of the car will be around 395.00 USD and the full works pro car will be closer to 480.00 (this could go up or down based on content) so if your expecting the car to be near the old pricing it won't be. To bring the car up to a level it can be on par with its kyosho, mugen competitors the car incurred some significant cost increases. Thats not going to make some folks happy but that is where it will be.

the difference with the pro car is it will basically be a K factory works package and a tuning package. So you can go to the track and have everything to tune the car in from the git go. This is just a rough idea. more intended for somone who has never had a g4 before

also I have to add that the pro car deal will initially be a USA car thing as it will be done in house here. The distributors in other countries won't have it initially unless they package something themselves so I cannot speak for them. If it appears to be popular I am sure Team Magic would consider kitting it at the factory direct. What I am also trying to say is that I am not speaking for the factory on behalf of the pro car idea. That decision is up to them.

shock springs 2 sets
clutch springs
option pinions
shock pistons
alumunium clutch bell
carbon side braces
alumunium mid shaft bracket
etc

it's the Team Magic G4 E or S-class owners who get screwed because they have to buy the KF upgrades themselves, just to bring their car similar in specs to the Mongoose.
wyl03
there is a point where the car just has to move forward other wise there is no point. I think the term screwed is a little harsh don't you. Thats like saying that MTX3 owners got screwed because they released an MTX4. cars progress you either move with it or you don't. Should we tell TM to stop all work on the car??

Last edited by Motorman; 12-20-2005 at 02:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.