Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 08:36 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Motorman2
Uneke
Honestly in the grand scheme of things if you compare the cost of cars to engines the cars are still relatively cheap. compare the complexity of the cars to the engines 20 parts vs 500 parts and realistically the cars are way underpriced even in the 400 dollar range. I understand what your saying about dark horse. I honestly the G4 is about to emerge from the realm of being a dark horse anymore.

Just a comment on the price of UFO clutches, if the street price was 75 dollars max what would you say, thats where they should be.
I understand all of that, but it doesn't really matter. I tend to have unnatural brand loyalty especially when i like the product so I will probably end up gettig one anyway.

Honestly, the only problem I have ever had with Mongoose is being the only one around running one.

I would pay what ever Mugen and Kyosho charge (usually around $100) for their Clutches for the UFO clutch. That thing just plain works!
Old 12-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

read a couple threads up. Guys I made myself a second username please send any pm to my regular motorman username. this new one I will only occasionally use.

Last edited by Motorman2; 12-21-2005 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Motorman about the tensioner ...

Well. i will be buying the New G4S

Hope hits the market soon ...

Final pricing yet ?

PAT
Old 12-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Tabushi who is your distributor?? AFM??
Does he get his cars from TM direct or what.
Final pricing will depend on where you are and how much the dealer mark up is which fluctuates from shop to shop. I know the projected US pricing is competitive with the EUR pricing
Old 12-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default New Car looks great!

Dennis, Looks like all the little gremlins that car had have been taken car of and then some!! I'm anxious to start running it.

They really need to offer two variation kits to bring up the current Mongoose/G4 up to spec with the new car. The chassis and side braces situation is a must for all the existing Mongoose/G4 drivers and the steering conversion with new top deck.

You can then offer another retrofit kit with all the options, but the above items really should be available to current drivers.

It just good smart business sense to allow people the choices that they want and that make sense for there budget.

RayJ
Old 12-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

YES, AFM sold me my first G4 EVO chassis and the STS Engine (modified by him) ... excelent person and excelent service ... and yes, i think he get the kits directly from TM Taiwan ...

PAT

Originally Posted by Motorman2
Tabushi who is your distributor?? AFM??
Does he get his cars from TM direct or what.
Final pricing will depend on where you are and how much the dealer mark up is which fluctuates from shop to shop. I know the projected US pricing is competitive with the EUR pricing
Old 12-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

yes Ray I agree.

Tabushi
AFM will need to answer that question for your market then.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Regional Moderator

I hope now G4 comes with better screws...
Old 12-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

hey daniz,

not the screws are the problem, the plastic is not soo good. i have seen the diffrent with my new mtx-4.

but, when you tell it know to teammagic, of course in 2 years you will get better screws with the new xyz-class.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

but, when you tell it know to teammagic, of course in 2 years you will get better screws with the new xyz-class.
for our next feat we will have a plastic chassis that turns to goo when the track gets hot. yes we need to catch up with the XRay T67 (insert pointless whit and sarcasim here () !)

Last edited by Motorman; 12-21-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

I think Daniz meant hex screw...

Originally Posted by jaykay
hey daniz,

not the screws are the problem, the plastic is not soo good. i have seen the diffrent with my new mtx-4.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well I've read up on the entire thread...as motorman suggested...and well, I guess I'll be sticking with my Mongoose.

I went out last year and saw for myself that you can run the $199 Mongoose right along side the $450+ MTX-3 and I doubt I will lose much ground to the MTX-4. And I also run my $130 TA05 just as well as I ever did my $360 JRX-S. I guess I've just proven to myself that lower cost kits aren't inferior...they just cost less. Leaving more $$$ for other stuff.

This isn't a knock on the G4S, I just have no interest in owning any kit worth $450+ and looks to be where this new car is headed(at least the top version anyway...).

As long as the Mongoose owners aren't left out in the cold support wise (which I've been assured they wont be), then I'm fine with what I've got.

The car looks good...the changes look good too...just not good enough to drop $450 on.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Darksied the pro car would be for the guy that had no tuning parts for his car whatsoever. no option pinions no suspension springs or optional clutch springs etc. If the person has owned a g4 already he probably has most of this so an standard S would be his way to go. Others that have multiple g4's evo or later might opt to just upgrade components. You have to give TM credit for having the longest running progressivly upgradable car ever. Instead of spitting a totally new one every year or two and totally obsolete all your previous stuff.

the street price on the G4S is an estimate and dealers will probably float that price from that number to 50 less depending on where their store sets their margins. It would be stupid for me to tell everyone it will be 350 and then it ends up at 395. Its better to give the upper end projection and anticipate a lower number.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Well guys, right now im at the Mexico International Airport waiting for my flight to Chile (im dying to be with my wife and doughter) ... so ... i wish you all a great Christmas Holliday and a even better 2006 on family, personal, professional and "hobby" level ...

Old 12-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by formosa008
I think Daniz meant hex screw...
Yes, hex screw is better. And also I remember someone mentioned that previous G4 had too many screw type which can be confusing, let's hope TM will fix this. I'm pretty sad about still using the old handle and alum servo mount is not included. But UFO clutch, here I come !!

Motorman, I don't have the full detail about the suspension. Is it the G4S shocks are the same as before without any changes? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.