Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks Menace - I'll rebuild them with 60wt and see how that goes.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default Clutch Nuts.

Just while I'm on,
Can I ask you all..............

Has anyone come across a different kind of clutch nut?
I'm talking about the last one you put on, which adjust's the clutch spring.

I'm getting asked this question from a concerned G4s owner who seams to have one which is totally different to the stock item.

Thanks for your input.

Menace
Old 01-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itchy b
You can get clutch nut tools to make the job far easier!
Mugen and Kyosho both make the same type of tool
must make sure that its suitable for G4S, coz previously i got one, and its not usable at all as the 2 pins are way too short to lock our G4S, sold it to a frenz using mugen car.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default clutch nut

have this arguement between my frenz, the clutch nut, as per the manual, it shows that the clutch nut with a little protuting part facing the clutch bell, but all my other frenz argued with me that i have installed it upside down. i showed them the manual, they even said that its a misprint!!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Old 01-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

I thought the clutch nut looked upside down as well. When I first built it, using the orange spring, I wound it down to get 2 threads showing as the manual states but it was really tight. I didn't use a clutch tool, just a pair of circlip pliers.
Anyway, on its first run the clutch wouldn't even engage. I pulled it out and backed it off until I had about .5 of the thread showing and it has seemed OK.
Still, I always thought the nut was upside down but followed the instructions - I'm very new at nitro cars so had no real experience to draw on.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

can someone show a photo of this part? it would be interesting to see if the little protrudee part goes inside of spring or face the outside of the spring towards the end of the shaft...!

I faced it outwards towards end of the shaft...!
Old 01-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey kodak wat pipe is on ur car in the pics just curious looks like a sage
Old 01-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Its all Good on the k-factory site as someone mentioned before it faces up away from the spring

7. Install the clutch shoe silver spring retainer, spring and nut. Install the nut with the step facing away from the spring. Tighten the nut down until you have 2 threads showing at the end of the flywheel nut. This is where you will start for spring adjustment.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MaDaGAS CAR
hey kodak wat pipe is on ur car in the pics just curious looks like a sage

yeah its a Sage Racing Exhaust - 2nd Hand
Old 01-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by uniquexme
have this arguement between my frenz, the clutch nut, as per the manual, it shows that the clutch nut with a little protuting part facing the clutch bell, but all my other frenz argued with me that i have installed it upside down. i showed them the manual, they even said that its a misprint!!!!
not a misprint ,the round lip is there to support the clutch bearing or shims ,so has to be facing the outside.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by uniquexme
must make sure that its suitable for G4S, coz previously i got one, and its not usable at all as the 2 pins are way too short to lock our G4S, sold it to a frenz using mugen car.
The HARD tool is great because you can adjust the pins too suit the clutch.The pins are threaded into the tool with a 2mm hex driver.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

I just checked the G4 Evo manual and it has the same part with the protrusion also facing the end bell. I took the old centax clutch off a spare Nova I had and the protrusion does not actually fit inside the clutch spring. It seems then that the protrusion facing the end bell and away from the spring is correct.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The orange clutch spring is an upgrade. It's use is not covered in the manual. The setting in the manual is for the red clutch spring. Applying the same settings from the red to the orange to the yellow and to the black will yield different results - which of course is why we buy these extra parts to tune the setup of the clutch.

Think of it like using a Mack truck pressure plate on a Mini. The setup will be different because the spring weight is different.

With the black spring for example I use a very narrow clutch gap and not much of the thread showing, but I don't use any weights in the shoes either.

If you have a piece of string and swing it above your head, you would need to swing it much faster to make it extend straight, than if that piece of string had a weight tied to the end of it.

Cheers,

Mike.

Originally Posted by Teehomo
I thought the clutch nut looked upside down as well. When I first built it, using the orange spring, I wound it down to get 2 threads showing as the manual states but it was really tight. I didn't use a clutch tool, just a pair of circlip pliers.
Anyway, on its first run the clutch wouldn't even engage. I pulled it out and backed it off until I had about .5 of the thread showing and it has seemed OK.
Still, I always thought the nut was upside down but followed the instructions - I'm very new at nitro cars so had no real experience to draw on.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

hurray, those guys are wrong about the clutch nut. keke... damn, those ppl just wouldn't listen to me, and even argued that its TM misprint. keke. thanks for clarifying it, will show my frenz on this thread. hiaks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.