Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cheers for your support !

Dario had an issue with his 2 speed, which was a real shame.

But I couldnt beleive how many cars had problems in the final, we were down to 4 or 5 cars at one point !
Old 09-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good job to all TM Drivers at the worlds! We are very proud of you guys! It is only the first worlds for TM so this is just a learning curve for everyone. Please post your set up for the worlds
Old 09-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by muppet racing
Hi All,
Hi, its good to finally meet you there. Too bad both Teddy and you have bad luck during the quarter final. If Teddy not having engine problem and you with bodyshell problem I'm sure both of you can get to the semi easily.

From what I saw on the event, traction roll is the main issue for all cars. I know about 5-6 Serpent team guys running a totally different setup each other but still no one can solve the problem. The new Kyosho also not perform as good as their older car and Bertin also got bad roll problems which is very frustrating for him.

Congrats to Fukuda and Mugen+GRP. Good strategy on the main final. You deserve the win
Old 09-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by daniz24
Hi, its good to finally meet you there. Too bad both Teddy and you have bad luck during the quarter final. If Teddy not having engine problem and you with bodyshell problem I'm sure both of you can get to the semi easily.

From what I saw on the event, traction roll is the main issue for all cars. I know about 5-6 Serpent team guys running a totally different setup each other but still no one can solve the problem. The new Kyosho also not perform as good as their older car and Bertin also got bad roll problems which is very frustrating for him.

Congrats to Fukuda and Mugen+GRP. Good strategy on the main final. You deserve the win
Welcome back to Indonesia bro!
Too bad Teddy was having engine problems, but it was a good effort anyway. Good job for TM Indonesia...

By the way, please help me Setting up my G4S.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anyone know the model numbers for building a front diff?

I am guessing some of them would be:

502117 Diff gears & Posts
502116 Pins, O Rings, Shims & Outdrives
502115 Diff Case

I am unsure about the front diff pulley or the screws?

BB
Old 09-20-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Worlds update

Well done to the Team Magic pilots who attended the worlds, all 4 of us.
I feel it was an exellent result by all considering the diferent levels of support that we all had.
Basically Dario, Teddy, Darren and myself were pitting at each four corners of the pits area and each using totally diferent set ups for most ot the event.
For instance I was using a front locker Darren, Dario front diff and Teddy I think a one way.
Also Bodies, Dario and Teddy Mazda 6,Darren Dodge 3.1 and me Parma "M".
Engines used Dario IFMAR spec Novarossi full factory, Darren EFRA spec factory Novarossi, Teddy Team sirio Factory and I Used my Kickass Modified Sirios.
It was an absolute honour to be driving a G4 even with the small representation and watching Dario pull off a second Poll position and eventual 6th. The other three main manufactureres put a lot of effort and money into this event and their party was almost spoiled by a couple of G4Ss.
Thanks To Darren Johnson and his team for help throught the event especially with the wet set up, the car was on rails in the wet, I was actually praying for more rain that day.
An Italian interperter may have come in handy as well as all I could get out of Dario all week including after his fastest qualifying run was something about tety sevens "37s", I assumed he meant tyres.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Well know when I go to the track and the guys ask what car Im running and I say "TeamMagic G4S" .They reply "the car that got 2nd place in the worlds qualifiers"
Cool !!
A lot better than "never heard of it"

Thanks to the G4s drivers and hope to get some setups on the G4s thread.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Kawahara Negative Rear Differential part # Z-1720 for Kyosho V-one RR

It does'nt comes with gears, G4 gears are direct fit to the negative differential.

The clutch shoes shown are assembled for V-one RR, but it should be assembled the opposite way for G4.

I used this kawahara negative differential on my G4 before, it is very stable on the straightaways but on turns it acts as ordinary differential.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

what is a negative rear differential?
Old 09-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ickvanovs
what is a negative rear differential?
The negative rear differential acts like a solid axle which the clutch shoes engage to lock at high speed, but at low speed it's just a normal gear differential.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Kfactory are at it again
New total drivetrain on their web site
Old 09-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
The negative rear differential acts like a solid axle which the clutch shoes engage to lock at high speed, but at low speed it's just a normal gear differential.
Had one in a Kyosho V1R many moons ago.
perfect for wet weather racing as the more power you apply the more it understeered, not so sure if it is good for the G4 in the dry as I am still after more steering, but as Daz said, the UK and Euro tracks have much lower grip levels.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NiMo
Kfactory are at it again
New total drivetrain on their web site
Why don't they just come out a G4X ? those KFactory parts are damn expansive, I wish they will have econo version coming out, these recent upgrade parts cost almost a new car
G4 ED Transmission System USD139
hope to see Econo version with nylon pulley
G4 Speed Shot Front Bulkhead System USD115
hope to see Econo version using 1-piece nylon cover (6 screws quick release) with CF tower. btw, the current design make disassamble the car harder
G4 Flash Quick Change Tire System Unknow, but probably USD 100
this I can't think of a Econo version yet, but where can i buy the wheels

I can almost get a G4S for that price
If Kf need idea, I can help

Last edited by Car Breaker; 09-20-2006 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Those are very impressive.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
Why don't they just come out a G4X ? those KFactory parts are damn expansive, I wish they will have econo version coming out, these recent upgrade parts cost almost a new car
G4 ED Transmission System USD139
hope to see Econo version with nylon pulley
G4 Speed Shot Front Bulkhead System USD115
hope to see Econo version using 1-piece nylon cover (6 screws quick release) with CF tower
G4 Flash Quick Change Tire System Unknow, but probably USD 100
this I can't think of a Econo version yet, but where can i buy the wheels

I can almost get a G4S for that price
Here's a question for you:
Do you feel your car needs these new option parts?

Personally I think the car doesn't need any upgrades (apart from the brake pads) but it is nice to have these parts to improve car car that little more, or even just for the personalised pose factor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.