Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
Yeah, both should work. But I bet there is difference between both of them. Ralph Burch was the first to use it at the 2002 Texax Biggie and also later on in the 2002 Nats and World meet. There must be something special. If not why did they choose to change and use the Veteq springs?
They are just longer.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

if i buy the serpent 705 kit alone is it built already just needing e to install enigne pipe radio exc..?
Old 07-03-2003, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Wink

Originally posted by nizee
Ahh...ic....u mean the RTR for beginner?...
Don't forgot your TC body..
LOL...nizee!

It still needs to be assemble out of the box to be a true RTR kit.

Good luck on the MTX3 Bxclip.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Bxclip
if i buy the serpent 705 kit alone is it built already just needing e to install enigne pipe radio exc..?
I beleive the MTX3 kit with motor and pipe is not prebuilt.

Both the MTX3 and 705 needs to be assemble.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

I have noticed that a lot of people are running shims under the bearing blocks, some on the front, and some on the front and rear. What effect does this have? How thick are the shims typically?
Old 07-03-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by PUNISHER
LOL...nizee!

how long do u think it takes to build it? isit hard?
Old 07-03-2003, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Wink 705 FOR NEWBIES

Time shouldn’t be an issue when building these kits. You should take your time to make sure everything goes together smoothly. The 705 kit assembly isn’t for a beginner or someone that never put any RC kit together. IMHO The 705 manual can be vague in the assembly of parts in the kit and this can be a real problem for a person that has never put a Serpent together.

If you decide to get the 705 kit you can go to www.mytsn.com for help and tips on assembly.

Good luck!
Old 07-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Red face Re: 705 Question

Originally posted by CRASH
Looking at getting a new car, the list is as follows:

1: NTC3
2: MTX-3
3: Reflex NT Team Only
4: G4

and of course the 705.

But i keep hearing things about the 705 that are making me stear away from it. Does this car have any problems? Does this car have a durability issue? Does this car have a problem running a sedan body on a fairly tight track(180x80)medium to high grip.

Thanks for any and all input,

Later,

Tight track.............Where I come from, that would be HUGE!
Old 07-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

ok... i finally got the radio plate on but i have another question...lol... i noticed that the wires from the servos are REALLY low... should i rap them in electrical tape so that if they scrape the ground they wont fray and stuff??
Old 07-03-2003, 07:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by supra528
ok... i finally got the radio plate on but i have another question...lol... i noticed that the wires from the servos are REALLY low... should i rap them in electrical tape so that if they scrape the ground they wont fray and stuff??
Make sure that the wires do not scrape on the track. Use cable ties to bundle them up. You can then tuck the wires neatly in the space in between the tank and the throttle servo.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by xax
Hi guys what the use of pretension spring?Can i use it to compensate the compress rate of spring i.e that so i can fully utilise my tire yet won't scratch the chasis.thanks
Hey xax, still have not found the solution? Can you check if the rear springs you are using are indeed the rear ones which is suppose to be longer than the front springs? Perhaps if you can take a photo of the problem you're having, we may be able to help you point out what is wrong with the shocks.

To answer your question, yes. You can use the pre tension spring to make the suspension "longer". In fact they are very good for bumpy tracks as it absorbs the small bumps without working through the entire shock suspension. This is good because the car will remain flat and stable while still able to absorb all the small bumps.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Prophet

They are just longer.
Not forgetting slightly softer and more progressive too That is why this makes the pre-tension spring a little bit redundant.

If you're using the older set of springs, then probably the pre-tension spring would help in the rear suspension. Else, the Veteq springs alone would be enough to achieve the progressive suspension needed.

I have my Impulse with the black pre-tension spring + red rear spring (27 mm) while the 705 has the red rear Veteq springs (30 mm) only. Both mounted on the rear bearing blocks and they both perform similar.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Bxclip
how long do u think it takes to build it? isit hard?
Any kit would be difficult to assemble for a beginner, especially if you do not have the correct tools.

Punisher is correct. The Serpent 705 is the most difficult to build and therefore not so recommended for beginners. I would think that assembling NTC3, MTX-3, Relflex NT and G4 you would also encounter difficulties, but I think it will not be as much as you would encounter when assembling the 705.

Among the other kits, I would rate the NTC3 and the MTX-3 as being the easiest to assemble. I would favour more towards the NTC3 because the manual is very clear and more illustrative unlike the MTX-3.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Ahh...ic....u mean the RTR for beginner?...
Don't forgot your TC body..
Originally posted by PUNISHER
LOL...nizee!

Nizee / Punisher, play nice will ya... Don't want other people to think that we're hostile bunch of people As it is, we're getting bad rep because of the car we drive
Old 07-03-2003, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

can the ntc3 adn mtx3 compete with the 705?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.