Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Drag Brake

Hey Ron, wish you and Leo luck at the World!

I probably will swing by with my secret sauce pom pom cheer for both of you!
Old 09-08-2003, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

ron,

I do agree with you, but to a certain extend. it does count on personal perference, driving style, traction condition and car setup.

cheers !
Old 09-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Default Rocket's braking style

Rocket, I know what you are saying now. That is really food for thought!!! I think I will try it out ... slowly on the track. The full and 1/4 braking is very interesting, a must try!!!

This is why its great to have a pro on the forum!!! ALL THE BEST!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Default MTX3 MUST MODS

Loosenut, you will definately need:

1 MUGEN original Universals, DO NOT buy the 3 Racing ones, they can snap!!! I have seen too many
2 metal Hex will be a must
3 4mm chasis will be great if you are accident prone

There is no real need for much else, I run on the stock blue springs and standard rear sway bars. Anything else is just eye candy. I got a lot of eye candy!!! So darn tempting.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 2 Speed adjustment

Ok... I had my two speed shifting too late so i tried adjusting the 2 button head screws(loosing) at the end of the shoes. Now it seems that my two speed isn't working at all. Did i adjust the right screws? What do the set screws in the middle of the shoes do exactly? When it was shifting the car would spin out of control from too much wheelspin. i would like for it to shift a little earlier so i could limit wheel spin.

How do you guys set your 2 speeds? What would you recommend? thanks...
Old 09-08-2003, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

did you tighten those button head screws instead of loosening them?
back out a little bit at a time if the 2nd speed kicks in too late until you get to the desire shifting point
the 2 button head screws on my 2 speed clutch has almost the whole button head visible from the side

from my understanding the 2 set screws determine the gap between the 2nd speed housing and the clutch shoes when the 2nd speed is not engaged so it effects the shifting characteristics
Old 09-08-2003, 09:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah i loosed them... Now i get nothing. Not sure what happened. I can loosen there more though. Right now there just barely sticking past the shoes. I will try loosen them until the whole head sticks out and see how that works. As for the set screws, what size gap should i adjust them too? Also this changes when you adjust the button head screws correct?
Old 09-08-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: 2 Speed adjustment

Originally posted by EnzoFerrari
Ok... I had my two speed shifting too late so i tried adjusting the 2 button head screws(loosing) at the end of the shoes. Now it seems that my two speed isn't working at all. Did i adjust the right screws? What do the set screws in the middle of the shoes do exactly? When it was shifting the car would spin out of control from too much wheelspin. i would like for it to shift a little earlier so i could limit wheel spin.

How do you guys set your 2 speeds? What would you recommend? thanks...
I probably can bet you anything, your 2nd shoe has too much gap better the housing! I have seen alot of this issue, 10 out of 10 if you adjust the set screw and get the clutch shoe closer to the housing then your 2nd speed will work very well.

one more thing, when it does shift was it like hitting very hard??
Old 09-09-2003, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: MTX2

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
I couldn't find a thread for the MTX2 so I'll ask here. A local racer at my track has a MTX2 that he will sell me cheap. It has been very well taken care of and maybe has 12 runs on it...is it still a good car? I want the MTX3 but it is just for local racing. This car was adult owned by someone who took good care of the car. I been racing for 15 years and want to try nitro sedans. Thanks for any and all the info!

How cheap?

It also depends on MTX-2 parts availability in your area.

BTW, one of the racers(Im2lazy on these forums) at my track is doing VERY well(too well IMO ) with his MTX-2 and is giving us MTX-3 drivers a super hard time. He also won Mod class at our recent champs and would of won stock if his throttle servo didn't crap out on him.

Don't count the MTX-2 out just yet!
Old 09-09-2003, 02:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2 speed set up

tighten the allen bolts fully, then back off 2 turns, slack central crub screws of and thighten them till you have a small gap between the shoe and center piece.
this is a good sarting point from then on only alter the bolts not grub screws
Old 09-09-2003, 02:29 AM
Tech Champion

Default 2speed adjustment

observe this diagram, they work similar

Old 09-09-2003, 02:30 AM
Tech Champion

starting point of mugen 2speed should be 1.5 to 1.75 turn out and adjust from that point.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: MTX2

Originally posted by FREAKAH
How cheap?

It also depends on MTX-2 parts availability in your area.

BTW, one of the racers(Im2lazy on these forums) at my track is doing VERY well(too well IMO ) with his MTX-2 and is giving us MTX-3 drivers a super hard time. He also won Mod class at our recent champs and would of won stock if his throttle servo didn't crap out on him.

Don't count the MTX-2 out just yet!
Thank you for getting back to me on this...the info was very helpful, I appriciate your time BTW, parts are no problem, the car is pretty good. Never been in bad hands...maybe until it gets in mine... j/k. Thanks again!
Old 09-09-2003, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default oneway converts to solid

I just converted my oneway to a solid axle with a litle machine work and two grub screws.Stefan said someone on here has done the same thing and I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet?
Old 09-09-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Don't you have bling bling parts to put on your car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.