Pan Am Int'l 1/8 GT Grand Prix Jan. 17-19 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pan Am Int'l 1/8 GT Grand Prix Jan. 17-19 2014

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

On behalf of Homestead RC Raceway I would like to thank all the racers, pit people and family that came to race and helped make this a successful and fun filled race.

The GT cars are getting so much better. We had another track record broken in the Final as Paolo Morganti set a new fast lap record with a 19.226 second lap. That is about 1 second quicker than last year.

We were blessed to watch Scotty Gray and Paolo Morganti racing nose to tail for almost 40 minutes without any incidents.

The pit crews have gotten so much better than last year and are a very big part of the racing now.

The new Sportsman Class was a success and such a delight to see these racers having such a great time. Just read David Larry's post from earlier.

We hope all of you had as much fun as we did and hope you get home safely and tell your friends that you had a good time.

Thank you again for racing with us!
Old 01-20-2014, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks to the homestead crew, even having problems on sat it was great to have a 1 hour main. As David Larry said this was the most fun in a race , anybody who missed this race either as a racer or spectator missed alot
Old 01-20-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
AS PROMISED ANDY !! ENJOY THE VIDS FROM NEXT TO THE DRIVERS STAND !!
1st 36 mins Amain PRO >>http://youtu.be/QSBAZyRqUw0

Mid Race action GT PRO >>http://youtu.be/GJeyXLc8djw

Final 5 mins GT PRO >>http://youtu.be/URfX86dd54c

SEE Y'ALL NEXT YEAR AND WAS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU MARCUS !!
Wow, these are FANTASTIC videos that really showcase the actions on the track!!! Thank you so much for your outstanding work to capture one of the true essence of nitro onroad racing of 2014!!! For those of you who were not able to attend this great event please bring out your popcorns and enjoy these great videos. Thank you Yb2fast!!! Kudos for Doug et al for hosting a fantastic GT8 event for everyone to enjoy.........Even for those that weren't lucky enough to attend this time. Great job indeed!!!

Last edited by bassman2; 01-20-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bassman2
Wow, these are FANTASTIC videos that really showcase the actions on the track!!! Thank you so much for your outstanding work to capture one of the true essence of nitro onroad racing of 2014!!! For those of you who were not able to attend this great event please bring out your popcorns and enjoy these great videos. Thank you Yb2fast!!! Kudos for Doug et al for hosting a fantastic GT8 event for everyone to enjoy.........Even for those that weren't lucky enough to attend this time. Great job indeed!!!
Well thank you for the kind words Andy ! I will be running my NT1 and Kyosho GT1 very soon as Im in the process of getting them dialed in and getting my skill level up every time I practise as I am only 1 yr into the Hobby...This was an Epic event to watch...The cars are so realistic it almost seemed I was on the infield of Homestead Speedway watching a Full Scale Grand Prix race !!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Doug M
On behalf of Homestead RC Raceway I would like to thank all the racers, pit people and family that came to race and helped make this a successful and fun filled race.

The GT cars are getting so much better. We had another track record broken in the Final as Paolo Morganti set a new fast lap record with a 19.226 second lap. That is about 1 second quicker than last year.

We were blessed to watch Scotty Gray and Paolo Morganti racing nose to tail for almost 40 minutes without any incidents.

The pit crews have gotten so much better than last year and are a very big part of the racing now.

The new Sportsman Class was a success and such a delight to see these racers having such a great time. Just read David Larry's post from earlier.

We hope all of you had as much fun as we did and hope you get home safely and tell your friends that you had a good time.

Thank you again for racing with us!
AND THANK YOU DOUG FOR THE MASTER LAP BY LAP COMMENTRY !! SEE YOU SOON AND PLEASE LETS ORGANIZE A MONTHLY CLUB RACE FOR GT ONLY AT THE SPEEDWAY !! : )
Old 01-21-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default 2014 IPan-Am GT8 GRANPRIX

First I would like to Thank Doug and Julian for hosting, directing and announcing a Spectacular Event. The entire Homestead crew did a top notch job.

"IGT8F Live" will be posting pics and videos of the Final event. As well as video interviews with the top three Drivers, vendors at the event, Directors of the event. And the 2 Time GrandPrix Champion Scotty Grey and his pit crew and Sponsors.

Sportsmen Top 3

PRO Top 3

2 Time GrandPrix Champion "Scotty Grey"

PRO Top Qualifier "Paolo Morganti"

The Champion and his Top notch Pit Crew

All the 2014 Racers

Videos of race and exclusive interviews will be posted on here with links and will also be available on IGT8F.com
Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Initiate

It was a great weekend of racing at this year's Pan Am GT8 Grand Prix. Thanks to Doug, the whole crew at Homestead Raceway and everyone who played a role in putting on such a spectacular event.

This was my second year in Nitro GT8 and at the Pan Am Grand Prix and each year keeps getting better and better. The competition was hands down more fierce than last year in both Sportsman and Pro classes. One of my favorite parts of this race is how supportive all the racers are. Helping each other with helpful tips, parts and support in general. It's amazing to me to be surrounded with such top level racers and have them offer their knowledge and experience to help make improvements.

For me personally, the list is long of people to thank who helped me throughout the weekend. But I have a special thanks to:

Marcus Williams - What a great mentor! Always helpful in every way possible.
Tony Luna - Lightning Pit Man
Chad Kiefe

Also special thanks to Ricardo from Desoto Racing who was very helpful with tech tips and Maxy Velazco for helping with with my Maxy Siete.

I'm still grinning from ear to ear with how fun this weekend was. I look forward to the 2015 Pan Am GT8 Grand Prix!

Daniel Ortiz
Old 01-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default PAN AMERICAN GT SPORTSMAN VIDS !!

HERE ARE 4 VIDS I SHOT DURING THE SPORTSMAN CLASS FINAL AT MIAMI HOMESTEAD PICKING UP ACTION AT THE 30 MIN MARK...THE RACE GOT STOPPED BECAUSE THE TIMING AND SCORING MYLAPS WENT DOWN A FEW MINS EARLY BEFORE THE 60 MIN MARK..ENJOY !! SHOT WITH AN iPHONE 5S !

VID 1>http://youtu.be/rYoZZMkfRIw

VID 2>http://youtu.be/LSk8pVpJM7I

VID 3>http://youtu.be/WcARg2-_-Cw

VID 4>http://youtu.be/DTWWmCxKNQ0
Old 01-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What engines,electronics, tires and bodies were the top drivers using?
Old 01-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Acting Bad
In Pro class mostly Nova Roma's, Alpha Softs, Alpha R3 Body, ko propo rx tx ...winning Car was an XRD .21 onroad with Futaba Rx Tx, Apha Softs..
Old 01-27-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know Paolo was running a Flash Rally. Does anyone know if he was running the Flash or a Roma?
Old 01-28-2014, 08:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Acting Bad
Scotty the winner of the event ran an XRD.21 engine on a GT prototype chassis, Futaba BLS 451 servos, Buku Clutch and Kosmic Fuel.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have had a couple of emails asking me what I had:

Chassis: Serpent Cobra

Engine: PICCO GT US Spec ROAR Legal

Radio: Airtronics M11X

Servos: Airtronics

Fuel: Bryons Gen 2 25% Nitro 11% Oil

Tires: Alpha Soft

Body: Alpha R-3

Pit Man: Wade Land
Old 02-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tony L, Are you done editing the video? I think the video will be a great opportunity to showcase the GT class as well as the homestead RC raceway so please post up if you are done with it. Thank you.