R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 62
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Is this a legit site?

I may be wrong in doing this but I am wanting to see if anyone has heard of this site or used it. If it is not legit i just don't want people to loose money. It is only reason I'm posting link. The prices are way too good to be true especially for.... well everything.

MODS if this is not acceptable please let me know.


http://www.hpircplanet.com/
armysoldier1073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
Tech Champion
 
ThePanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,040
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

If you ask yourself that.... It should be an automatic no.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
spookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

One month old, based out of China. http://www.statscrop.com/www/hpircplanet.com
spookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 153
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Thumbs up

If paypal accepted for payment, I would buy it. But only wire bank and western union for payment, NO THANK YOU!!!

Beware, do not buy it!!!!
Skaidragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

I never use paypal or credit cards, and only pay with moneyorders or westernunion money transfer.... I have not lost One order yet, and I am not worried about my financial info being stolen either.....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:44 AM   #6
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysoldier1073 View Post
I may be wrong in doing this but I am wanting to see if anyone has heard of this site or used it. If it is not legit i just don't want people to loose money. It is only reason I'm posting link. The prices are way too good to be true especially for.... well everything.

MODS if this is not acceptable please let me know.


http://www.hpircplanet.com/
Local customers can place an order online and pick it up at our Canyon Hobbies store or, contact the Sales Department at 866.787.5487 for further questions regarding this program.

call them and get their address for checking purposes
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #7
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Queensland
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? is this legit

Ok ,ive just spent a couple of hours looking at this site ,and as you say ,its hard to believe the prices and huge range ,apparently in stock.
Ime tempted to try it ,and maybe just buy one or two items and see what happens .

Has anyone dealt with this store and had a win ?
__________________
jonando
noddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Queensland
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? too good to be true ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy2 View Post
Ok ,ive just spent a couple of hours looking at this site ,and as you say ,its hard to believe the prices and huge range ,apparently in stock.
Ime tempted to try it ,and maybe just buy one or two items and see what happens .

Has anyone dealt with this store and had a win ?
one thing i dont understand is they have Master card and Visa logos on the page ,but when you try to pay ,all they give is a private address of some one in hong kong and you have to pay by western union or 'direct pay money order' whatever that means.Im'e in Australia and have no idea how to use western union ,or send money direct ,so its a no go for me .My computer wont send E Mail either so ile try to contact from local Library tomorow .
__________________
jonando
noddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,453
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Like someone posted earlier, if you have to ask this question, then probably it is not a legitimate site. Why not just order stuff from the established sites or buy from your LHS? Trying to be super "cheap" about trying to find the lowest price product X on r/c website Z will lead to you eventually getting ripped off and/or your identity stolen. Sometimes you have to ask yourself if it is worth the risk of possibly getting ripped off just to save a couple of dollars?
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #10
Tech Addict
 
jwmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 511
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Let us know how that goes.
Do not do a Western Union!
__________________
Spectrum Pro, RC8BE, B44,T8TE, MP9e tki3
jwmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #11
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,453
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmustang View Post
Let us know how that goes.
Do not do a Western Union!
I second this post about Western Union. Very limited recourse of recouping your monies if the site/company is not legit. Also, Western Union is the modus operendi of scammers as far as sending/retrieving money.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #12
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Queensland
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1/2 price

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Like someone posted earlier, if you have to ask this question, then probably it is not a legitimate site. Why not just order stuff from the established sites or buy from your LHS? Trying to be super "cheap" about trying to find the lowest price product X on r/c website Z will lead to you eventually getting ripped off and/or your identity stolen. Sometimes you have to ask yourself if it is worth the risk of possibly getting ripped off just to save a couple of dollars?
were not talking about a few dollars ,were talkin half price and $2.50 freight.
like $200 for a gen 2 speed and $175 for a rb BXR .so its well worth checking out just incase its legit.
and by the way i dont have a LHS !
__________________
jonando
noddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:18 PM   #13
Tech Regular
 
mkorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Woodland Hills Ca
Posts: 303
Default

The prices are below dealer cost. In fact below distributor cost.
__________________
Marty Korn
USA Team Manager
A Main Hobbies
ProTek R/C
SWORKz USA
mkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #14
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,450
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy2 View Post
were not talking about a few dollars ,were talkin half price and $2.50 freight.
like $200 for a gen 2 speed and $175 for a rb BXR .so its well worth checking out just incase its legit.
and by the way i dont have a LHS !
U must be new to online shopping. You can get the tekin rx8 gen2 at amain for 209 and free shipping. If you want to risk your money stolen from you to save $6.50 go right ahead


Oh I see you're from aus. There are plenty of legit online stores to choose from. If the prices seem really good that because they're bait. Don't be a fool. Keep shopping.

No legit store doesn't accept credit. That's your biggest red flag. Why? Because they know the banks can come after them with lawyers and the authorities for one. And two to be able to accept credit they have to provide a lot of financial and personal info.. they have to have a business license to even open up a bank account. What criminal is willing to fraud the government, banks and credi card companies?

The second red flag is those static images of site verification seals at the bottom of the page. When you get those legitimatelly from those companies they have to be links and open a webpage for you to read their certification. Nothing on that site opens even though they're from legit companies.

That site reeks of criminal

Last edited by mtpocketsracing; 01-27-2014 at 04:52 PM.
mtpocketsracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #15
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Queensland
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpocketsracing View Post
U must be new to online shopping. You can get the tekin rx8 gen2 at amain for 209 and free shipping. If you want to risk your money stolen from you to save $6.50 go right ahead


Oh I see you're from aus. There are plenty of legit online stores to choose from. If the prices seem really good that because they're bait. Don't be a fool. Keep shopping.

No legit store doesn't accept credit. That's your biggest red flag. Why? Because they know the banks can come after them with lawyers and the authorities for one. And two to be able to accept credit they have to provide a lot of financial and personal info.. they have to have a business license to even open up a bank account. What criminal is willing to fraud the government, banks and credi card companies?

The second red flag is those static images of site verification seals at the bottom of the page. When you get those legitimatelly from those companies they have to be links and open a webpage for you to read their certification. Nothing on that site opens even though they're from legit companies.

That site reeks of criminal
thanks very much mtpockets ,makes sense now ,yeah ,to good to be true.I was just curious when checking out new posts is all . I get most of my stuff from a local track side mobile store ,prices are very fair ,if he hasn't got it ,he can usually get in .
__________________
jonando
noddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:56 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net