Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 gp onroad w'cship ifmar 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
With wich tire sauce?
GOTTA remember ROELOF some people get into some of these discussions about tire sauce but they dont even race
Old 11-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Lord

True but you have to be real, if all drivers did not face any problems we for sure had seen a different world champion. OK, I can think real enough that this is a mechanical sport and it is a matter of surviving the 60 minutes final but in this case giving the honor to ZAC is wrong, some would say it was MR33 and if you are reasonable enough it was the combination of tires and sauce.

And in the end it was the compleete package from car, tires, sauce, body, mechanics, driver, electronics and options. And I don't think you can count the fuel with it, it can not even be named as this worlds winner.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

True but you have to be real, if all drivers did not face any problems we for sure had seen a different world champion. OK, I can think real enough that this is a mechanical sport and it is a matter of surviving the 60 minutes final but in this case giving the honor to ZAC is wrong, some would say it was MR33 and if you are reasonable enough it was the combination of tires and sauce.

And in the end it was the compleete package from car, tires, sauce, body, mechanics, driver, electronics and options. And I don't think you can count the fuel with it, it can not even be named as this worlds winner.
i get it but im saying you cant have a debate about saucing or not saucing with people who dont race because they dont know the effect saucing has but its a good excuse for them to continue not racing.I race but i dont sauce but i will start because thats a sign of the times things change people come on here and bash saucing that didnt race before saucing and use this as an excuse not to race im on the same page as you
Old 11-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
i get it but im saying you cant have a debate about saucing or not saucing with people who dont race because they dont know the effect saucing has but its a good excuse for them to continue not racing.I race but i dont sauce but i will start because thats a sign of the times things change people come on here and bash saucing that didnt race before saucing and use this as an excuse not to race im on the same page as you
Come on WILL you know you already ordered a case of MR33..................where did you get it?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Comments should be directed at the person your trying to talk about! And yea this is directed at you solo. I may not have the time to attend as many races as I used to. Plus you don't even know me and always suckin my comments!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

So actially not the tire but the sauce has made the grip to be champion, MR33 is world champion.
Glad you said it.

I would have preferred Meen V., KM, NR and whatever tyre he ran
Old 11-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Comments should be directed at the person your trying to talk about! And yea this is directed at you solo. I may not have the time to attend as many races as I used to. Plus you don't even know me and always suckin my comments!
Nah, I think he means me, but that's ok, since I've probaly forgotten more about this hobby than some will ever learn ...
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can someone explain me the lack of Sirio engines?And Xray's NT1 performance?And why it seems that sedan racing is still doing great in Thailand?Thanks.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

All I can say was the broadcast crew and Scotty Ernst was the best part of the WORLD finals, IMO.

The drivers in the A main were no surprise except for the Italian, he did awesome. Congrats to Paul Lemieux for his outstanding job going to the WORLD by himself.

The blocking and crappy officiating by what I watched was the worse I have seen in a long time, very inconsistent and the electric gurus were the real hacks in all the mains. You pull up 60 feet in one or two laps and the guys blocking for 4th place at a start of a race and you get called for hacking, that was ridiculous. I pull up on you at the begging of a race after a few laps and you’re going to block, you’re going for a field goal before you get me because you’re so focused on blocking. I am not talking about positions at the last 5 or so minutes of a race or for a strong finish or the win, that when racing really starts not at the beginning. Blocking at the begging to just have your car broke by some dumb butt, how about a chance to think about finishing with strategy and how to win the race, you do have 30 to 1 hour to race... There were alot of cars broke from blocking in those mains.

That was my least favorite worlds I have watched.

www.acornracingusa.com
PRODUCTS FOR SERIOUS "NITRO" ON ROAD RACERS

Congratz to the WORLD CHAMP

Last edited by YLLIB; 11-19-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Great battle between Hara-Hagberg-Chavit,Hagberg drove well the entire race some minor inconsistency.Hara went with the wrong strategy,should have put fresh tires sooner.Teemu had car and engine to win but bad luck struck and twitchy car cost him dearly( 6:02:12 and 6:03:00 video time).Meen's KM was on rails.
Agree with YLLIB on some racers blocking others and causing accidents.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree to a certain point on blocking... Tire Strategy probably played a role in it.. The guys running big tires wanted to block as long as possible so that the guys with smaller tires can't just run away from the beginning... Every second of that main was important which was proven...

Meen was the only driver to have consistent fast speed from beginning to end.... Everyone else seem to have big drop offs in performance during the main..
Old 11-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Great battle between Hara-Hagberg-Chavit,Hagberg drove well the entire race some minor inconsistency.Hara went with the wrong strategy,should have put fresh tires sooner.Teemu had car and engine to win but bad luck struck and twitchy car cost him dearly( 6:02:12 and 6:03:00 video time).Meen's KM was on rails.
Agree with YLLIB on some racers blocking others and causing accidents.
30tooth, you are right about Hagberg, I think it was semi, his car was dialed. Hagberg car hardly ever twiched.

www.acornracingusa.com
Old 11-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Francis M.
I agree to a certain point on blocking... Tire Strategy probably played a role in it.. The guys running big tires wanted to block as long as possible so that the guys with smaller tires can't just run away from the beginning... Every second of that main was important which was proven...

Meen was the only driver to have consistent fast speed from beginning to end.... Everyone else seem to have big drop offs in performance during the main..
Tire straedgy should NOT have even been with a issue for about 5 or 6 of those guys in the A main, They lived at that track for a year,. HB was designed at that track and for the 2012 WORLDS, some racers live right down the street I bet..

www.acornracingusa.com
Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YLLIB
All I can say was the broadcast crew and Scotty Ernst was the best part of the WORLD finals, IMO.

The drivers in the A main were no surprise except for the Italian, he did awesome. Congrats to Paul Lemieux for his outstanding job going to the WORLD by himself.

The blocking and crappy officiating by what I watched was the worse I have seen in a long time, very inconsistent and the electric gurus were the real hacks in all the mains. You pull up 60 feet in one or two laps and the guys blocking for 4th place at a start of a race and you get called for hacking, that was ridiculous. I pull up on you at the begging of a race after a few laps and you’re going to block, you’re going for a field goal before you get me because you’re so focused on blocking. I am not talking about positions at the last 5 or so minutes of a race or for a strong finish or the win, that when racing really starts not at the beginning. Blocking at the begging to just have your car broke by some dumb butt, how about a chance to think about finishing with strategy and how to win the race, you do have 30 to 1 hour to race... There were alot of cars broke from blocking in those mains.

That was my least favorite worlds I have watched.

www.acornracingusa.com

Congratz to the WORLD CHAMP
I too saw a lot of it going on and it's hard to say who's at fault, the drivers or the officials but none of that really matters now, congrats to Meen, Atsushi and Francesco for muscling through the sub-finals to take an awesome trophy back to Europe.

I have some of my own video footage and spoke to the Australian team manager when and my son when they got back. Neither said the saucing was a problem, I think saucing and track additives made for a very high grip track and returned the entire emphasis of racing back to chassis handling and the amount of local knowledge and quality showed and their champion won..

Again, how good was that for the host nation!!

In conversation with team manager, he said.

"You have to exclude those top 6 guys from your strategy from the beginning..."

No matter what tyre, sauce, chassis, engine or shell combination you try, they are still going to be ahead of the pack all you can do is get close and hope some luck drifts your way.

Those drivers that managed to adapt their setups on 60/58 tyres the next EFRA champs on 64/62 it is going to pose the same difficulties for visitors, no fairer or cheaper. They have to learn the track (at specific times of a day and weather) and more so adapt their cars for big wheels, chunking, high speed crashes, rollovers, breakages... I'd say same headaches to overcome, more expenses repairing than a high traction track and a bottle of goop.

So Goop or Control tyre it's the same thing in terms of whether you can't get it right and suffer for the whole meet and for the racers, I am sure you will agree, RC can be evil and it's an expensive place to be when you get there.

For the EFRA friends against sauce, aren't you glad our Thai friends put so much goop down they out-sauced and maybe overdosed us wwith sauce.. And if MR33 won, why didnt Marc Rheinard win?

Watching Atsushi's car accelerate out of corners and you have to accept it, both driver and machine are TOP CLASS. Add to this a field that surrounds him as equals, very strong field no matter what the rules.

Only one thing really sucked... I wasn't there to enjoy it...We're all jealous if we weren't there with the greats of RC, no need to name them, you know who they are!

PS:
Paul Lemieux (sp) is awesome in finals, delightful to watch, I now realise why he has so many fans.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

+1 and Rx getting a bath of fuel?!
Can't tell precisely at what time Hagberg's car did this but it was in the first 15 minutes approximately while battling with Hara,his car didn't turn-in as well as Hara's R10 but was smooth and safe to drive 'till the checkered flag.
@blis,Marc drives a Shepherd *ducks from sticks and stones*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.