Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

i use mid and high block, the high block gives higher RC and makes the car turn in better but its harder to drive.but its faster,use grey springs in the back and light blue in the front,it may seem werd but it works i mount the body at mid point,but use 400to450 oil and the 1.3x1 pistons in the front shocks.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

oh one more thing the front upper use 3mm
Old 07-27-2006, 03:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I agree with Joe that you get more steering and lose striaght line stablity when mounting the body foward. Mounting it back will create the opposite.

mount it forward 3-4mm and if your club racing, mount the wing back 2-3mm past the rear bumper. ROAR, flush to the rear bumper.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by asw7576
Anyone have ever try C rear block ?

I recently bought G4S and it is a sweeper master. I can enter the sweeper at really higher speed. I check G4S's rear susp. layout and I think C rear block + higher position for rear upper link are close match to G4S.

For small to medium corners the feel are identical, except the sweeper.
asw, if the cars feel similar except for the sweeper. Try a slightly heavier rear sway bar. As you know, the G4S has a short rear blade sway that mounts to the arms, similar to the front. I believe it's stock settings are a little stiffer than the stock rear MTX-4s. I was told to mess with the rear sway last weekend for a high-speed sweeper, and it did the trick. Stiffer is better
... well that's what she said
Old 07-27-2006, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
flush to the rear bumper.

Tommy, I will have to do some research, but I don't think that is a rule anymore.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Tommy, I will have to do some research, but I don't think that is a rule anymore.
in austalia i believe that the rule is 10mm from the back of the boot(trunk, for the guys in the US )
Old 07-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

That would be cool, Joe. To be on the safe side I had my wing forward a notch and Ira told me to move it back 2mm flush to the bumper. I can't say I noticed the difference because I also adjusted my rear sway on the same run. But my body was 4mm forward with the Parma M. So far I'm sold on the body. Definitely more turn in speeds than my Stratus. And highspeed stability was great. I think the built-in NASCAR spoiler on the rear trunk lid (bootie to the guys down under) helps a lot. The forward cab lets more air settle to the rear better, like the newer EP bodies. It's a tad heavier (8-9g) and thicker so it takes a lickin.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

i found if you mount the wing forword you get more turn in if you mount it back the car is more stable
Old 07-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
i found if you mount the wing forword you get more turn in if you mount it back the car is more stable
That's how it feels to me. So a foward body and rearward wing makes for a good balance. At least at the track I ran it on.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
asw, if the cars feel similar except for the sweeper. Try a slightly heavier rear sway bar. As you know, the G4S has a short rear blade sway that mounts to the arms, similar to the front. I believe it's stock settings are a little stiffer than the stock rear MTX-4s. I was told to mess with the rear sway last weekend for a high-speed sweeper, and it did the trick. Stiffer is better
... well that's what she said
Thanks,

I forget about sway bar as another tuning options.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I currently only use the rear swaybar to get more traction vs steering. What other setup tuning options can I change to get traction or steering?
Old 07-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Riketsu
I currently only use the rear swaybar to get more traction vs steering. What other setup tuning options can I change to get traction or steering?
You can remove (well... isn't removing but...) grip on the front & rear axles modifying the roll center too, changing the hydraulic, springs and other parts. Is too generic your question for being answered properly.

Where you need to remove steering? entering or outing turns? how are the turns? sweepers or hairpins? Where you need mor grip? getting out the hairpins? (catch it?)
Old 07-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Riketsu
you wont more steering try what i said on other pages here,they may seem werd but i have steering,its hard to get this car to steer ,its so planted
Old 07-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

1 way to get some corner entry steering is to cut your front tires 2-3mm smaller than the rears.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

1 way to get some corner entry steering is to cut your front tires 2-3mm smaller than the rears.
I found this has little effect, you do this because of tire wear,it dos help somwhat but not realy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.