Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Gt2 Driveshafts

Hello all

I'm building a custom GT2 using the Carbon Fiber chassis from SNR and components. There is no front kick up so therefore the driveshaft lengths are different. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks ahead
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-image.jpg  
Old 03-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

I think that one or two o rings inside each front center drive cup
will solve the problem as far i remember the same problem had the older max velocity carbon chassis .
I also believe that snr must have the right answer for your question.

Last edited by koval; 03-04-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MeClown
Hello all

I'm building a custom GT2 using the Carbon Fiber chassis from SNR and components. There is no front kick up so therefore the driveshaft lengths are different. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks ahead
You need this rear dogbone - http://www.nitrohouse.com/Swingshaft...24_p_3442.html

You can read more about it and the info from SNR on this page...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...gtp2e-114.html

The second link refers to the Ofna Ultra GTP2e, but guys were using the longer SNR chassis to use the Kyosho bodies so explains the conversion process
Hope this helps
Old 03-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sidehow77
You need this rear dogbone - http://www.nitrohouse.com/Swingshaft...24_p_3442.html

The second link refers to the Ofna Ultra GTP2e, but guys were using the longer SNR chassis to use the Kyosho bodies so explains the conversion process
Hope this helps
I really dont believe that this will work .
This is about a kyosho gt2 not ofna gtp2 steched.
Even if both cars have same wheelbase they use different lenght dogbones.
Kyosho use the MA024 in all the steched (360mm wb) chassis like gt2,gt2ve,st etc ar a rear center dogbone it is impossible to use the same in the front (it is too long 114mm) exept if snr change the transmition position placed on the chassis which i think is impossible .
So possibly (without the kick up) we are talking for a couple mm off (maybe 3,4mm) .
Question 1 :
The dogbone is just fits a litle bit loose or it just has a huge gap and possibly goes out of the diff cup?
If fits a bit loose its not a problem,you always need that on center dogbones!
Old 03-05-2015, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Selling off new in the package Kyosho parts. Price includes shipping for the lower 48, first class mail on sales over $12. PM me for sales to other locations or shipping options or under $12.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...gt2-parts.html
Old 03-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks

Thanks I'll check out the other posts. Yeah this project has been sitting around and finally have some time to pursue it further.

Originally Posted by sidehow77

Hope this helps
Old 04-08-2015, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Kyosho GT2 Nitro - KE25 Engine

Hello all. Just picked up a GT2 ready to run. Is there a way to use a starter box or roto start for the KE25 Engine?

I also have the Electric version. Are parts interchangeable between the nitro and electric versions? Thanks!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by c00lguy
Hello all. Just picked up a GT2 ready to run. Is there a way to use a starter box or roto start for the KE25 Engine?

I also have the Electric version. Are parts between the nitro and electric versions? Thanks!
Exact the same cars exept the nitro components so yes all the parts are interchangeable
Old 04-09-2015, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=c00lguy;13950882]Hello all. Just picked up a GT2 ready to run. Is there a way to use a starter box or roto start for the KE25 Engine?

Yes, You can use starter box for the KE25 engine.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys were do u get the gears to make my gt2 faster ?
Old 04-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Smile gears

Originally Posted by Eastside777
Hey guys were do u get the gears to make my gt2 faster ?
The GT2 '2 shoe trans clutch' has been limited to 43/46 ratio. The original GT1 type trans has the 40/46 gear set. You'll need to track down the old 'shaft, clutch and gears' but it sure is fun. That trans requires lots of upkeep.....watching the wear on the 2d speed gear 'contact point' that will usually give up on the 2d speed shift in your 'main' run unless you develop the proper 'rapport' with it.

(use 5 or 6 gear split on pinions also)
Old 04-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply guys. Is there a starter box that you guys recommend that's inexpensive but good. I'm not a racer I just want something that won't give me blisters trying to start the damn thing . Is there also an option for roto start?

I also wanted to ask. On the electric version, the rx8 speed control, do you guys know if the kit is suppose to come with a 4s battery plug? Mine came with a dual 2s plug in series. I have all 4s brick batteries so I haven't even been able to play with the electric car yet. Thanks!!!
Old 04-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by c00lguy
Is there a starter box that you guys recommend that's inexpensive but good.
The OFNA chrome top is a main stay with the GT cars. I have a used one that I would sell for $48 shipped lower 48 states, with out a battery. Looks great and works well.

PM me and I can send you pictures. Also, yes I still have the parts listed above.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grenade10
The OFNA chrome top is a main stay with the GT cars. I have a used one that I would sell for $48 shipped lower 48 states, with out a battery. Looks great and works well.

PM me and I can send you pictures. Also, yes I still have the parts listed above.
Cool thanks grenade. I went with the gt2 because it seems hard to find parts for the ofna x3. I'm not a racer anyway just a street/parking lot junkie . How do I send you a PM? Also, what battery does the starter box use? Can I use 4s lipo or is it.a 12v setup. I can use that ofna starter box for KE25 rtr engine? Sorry for all the newbie questions I am new to GT. Can that ofna box be used to for off-road too? Example mp9 (ke21)? What parts get replaced regularly on a starter box? Something about a black wheel? How used is your ofna box and how much do they run brand new? What is the model? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Okay so it's no gears to make my gt2 faster . So what do you guys do to make these cars faster ? I blew up the rtr motor then threw in an extra 21 I had laying around . Man it was slower , do you guys use 28cc motors in these car ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.