Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

NEW HB comp touring

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have no idea how I did a 16.8 lap. I guessing i cut the track 'cuz I only had RWD.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ec1
The servo arms are actually perfect now to get the proper steering and throttle throw (and is according to the manual). I actually tried several different arms and this was the best setup.

By the way, I placed the car on a scale and it weighs in at 1575 grams race ready with 58/60mm tyres. So when I add some light weight parts it will be close to 1500grams.... lots of brass to play with

I'm hoping that I will hit the track with the car in about a weeks time!
Interesting yours is that light.... are you running low profile servos and LiFe battery?

My brother has LP throttle servo, full size steering and NMH Battery and his is 1700g with tyres and fuel without body (approx. 100g extra)
Old 04-29-2013, 05:15 AM
Ec1
Tech Adept

Sawöx LP 1251, Life battery, titanium piwotballs, all the screws (exept on chassi) is titanium, shortened kables, lightweight body, Race ready 1575gr. The Reds engines is also the lightest on the market

Last edited by Ec1; 04-29-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:16 AM
Ec1
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chromie
Hey Ec1 .. did you follow the OS engine mount settings or the novarossi for that engine
Dont know, i have the lowered mounts.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Default Handling Characteristics vs Capricorn, X-ray, Mugen

Dear all anyone can comment on handling style of this car against the big guns.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mine is at 1679g .. with aluminum screws on the upper deck.. no LP servos and using nimh battery with tyres .. 60/61 and body.. i'm also running a reds engine.. where I am our minimum weight is 1650g
Old 04-29-2013, 01:34 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speed6
Dear all anyone can comment on handling style of this car against the big guns.
Hi there, I´ve just tested my newly built R10 on our track these weekend and i had my colected data over the past year racing with my Mugen MTX5 to compare against.

First I started with the box recommended set up and eventhough the car was drivebable with a very docile attitude, times where not up to my past registers, so I started the make some set-up corrections on saturday, improving all the time, until yesterday in which I hit the jackpot and i consistently started to register my best personal times ever on our track.

I used to be on the 16 highs seconds per lap and now i´m on the 15 highs seconds per lap over and over.....teh car is very planted and easy to drive, so it gives you confidence in going faster and faster...it is also very forgibable and easy to correct......clutch is very efective and consistent, not so the gear box on which i need to work a Little... maybe it neeeds more braking time.

Overall I´m very impresed with the car and will see how i´ll do this sunday on the second race of our 2013 championship, against the XRays, Caps, Shepherds and Serpent.

By the way, another test I made was a back to back comparison between Enetti tyres i used to race and a newly Brand i got... Hot Race Tyres....winner hot Race tyres, I definetly recommend them.

Regards

AFM
Old 04-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by afm
Hi there, I´ve just tested my newly built R10 on our track these weekend and i had my colected data over the past year racing with my Mugen MTX5 to compare against.

First I started with the box recommended set up and eventhough the car was drivebable with a very docile attitude, times where not up to my past registers, so I started the make some set-up corrections on saturday, improving all the time, until yesterday in which I hit the jackpot and i consistently started to register my best personal times ever on our track.

I used to be on the 16 highs seconds per lap and now i´m on the 15 highs seconds per lap over and over.....teh car is very planted and easy to drive, so it gives you confidence in going faster and faster...it is also very forgibable and easy to correct......clutch is very efective and consistent, not so the gear box on which i need to work a Little... maybe it neeeds more braking time.

Overall I´m very impresed with the car and will see how i´ll do this sunday on the second race of our 2013 championship, against the XRays, Caps, Shepherds and Serpent.

By the way, another test I made was a back to back comparison between Enetti tyres i used to race and a newly Brand i got... Hot Race Tyres....winner hot Race tyres, I definetly recommend them.

Regards

AFM
AFM:

Good to hear, remember you use to be the G4 man
Old 04-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks everyone for replies... Bro's motor must be heavy as he would still need to add an extra 100g with the body
Old 04-29-2013, 05:13 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
AFM:

Good to hear, remember you use to be the G4 man
Hey Bundy man.....yeah i use to deal TM products and did a lot to make them run decently....When leaving TM i wanted to go back to Mugen because my MTX3 was the best car i had so far, but seeing the problems they had with the spurs etc. i went to Kyosho, and then back to Mugen with the MTX5.....good car but not reliable...I had a year with more bad arces than good ones...car is capable but as i say fragile and not reliable.....lets see how things go with my HB R10...so far so good....Sunday is the rewal trst on a race.

Regrds
AFM
Old 04-30-2013, 02:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by afm

Regards

AFM
Thanks
Old 04-30-2013, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by afm
Hey Bundy man.....yeah i use to deal TM products and did a lot to make them run decently....When leaving TM i wanted to go back to Mugen because my MTX3 was the best car i had so far, but seeing the problems they had with the spurs etc. i went to Kyosho, and then back to Mugen with the MTX5.....good car but not reliable...I had a year with more bad arces than good ones...car is capable but as i say fragile and not reliable.....lets see how things go with my HB R10...so far so good....Sunday is the rewal trst on a race.

Regrds
AFM
Sweet... good to have you on board! My weapon of choice at the moment is the Xray NT1 2013, but I am keeping a close on eye on the Hot Bodies as my brother has just started running one and he might actually beat me at the next meet if it all goes to plan!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default Does anybody have???

Wow crickets in here! I dug this up from pg2. Wow I knew nobody would try this car......smh. Just cause its HPI, it's just synonymous with RTR Just like I knew no one would try a HK1 even tho it's the world champ, it's just to ugly
Old 05-09-2013, 10:12 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Wow crickets in here! I dug this up from pg2. Wow I knew nobody would try this car......smh. Just cause its HPI, it's just synonymous with RTR Just like I knew no one would try a HK1 even tho it's the world champ, it's just to ugly
Well I allways thought the same way, but when i saw details of the car I decided to change from my MTX-5 to this R10......let me tell you it is a more than capable player in this class.....car is well designed, build up was a breeze, and track performance has made me improve my lap times since day one on the track....in my modest opinion this is the underdog in this class, and once you have it, build it, drive it, you forget it is an HPI

AFM
Old 05-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
in my country only received 10 units of HK-1 WC at the moment,but all sold,waiting list somemore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.