R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #226
Tech Apprentice
 
richardc7696's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 54
Default

I have no idea how I did a 16.8 lap. I guessing i cut the track 'cuz I only had RWD.
__________________
This one time at Brendale... I was taken out in the pit lane!
MissMoo R/C
Xray NT1 2014
Hot Bodies R10
richardc7696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:46 AM   #227
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ec1 View Post
The servo arms are actually perfect now to get the proper steering and throttle throw (and is according to the manual). I actually tried several different arms and this was the best setup.

By the way, I placed the car on a scale and it weighs in at 1575 grams race ready with 58/60mm tyres. So when I add some light weight parts it will be close to 1500grams.... lots of brass to play with

I'm hoping that I will hit the track with the car in about a weeks time!
Interesting yours is that light.... are you running low profile servos and LiFe battery?

My brother has LP throttle servo, full size steering and NMH Battery and his is 1700g with tyres and fuel without body (approx. 100g extra)
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #228
Ec1
Tech Adept
 
Ec1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 107
Default

Sawx LP 1251, Life battery, titanium piwotballs, all the screws (exept on chassi) is titanium, shortened kables, lightweight body, Race ready 1575gr. The Reds engines is also the lightest on the market

Last edited by Ec1; 04-29-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Ec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #229
Ec1
Tech Adept
 
Ec1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromie View Post
Hey Ec1 .. did you follow the OS engine mount settings or the novarossi for that engine
Dont know, i have the lowered mounts.
Ec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #230
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default Handling Characteristics vs Capricorn, X-ray, Mugen

Dear all anyone can comment on handling style of this car against the big guns.
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #231
Tech Adept
 
chromie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 209
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Mine is at 1679g .. with aluminum screws on the upper deck.. no LP servos and using nimh battery with tyres .. 60/61 and body.. i'm also running a reds engine.. where I am our minimum weight is 1650g
chromie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #232
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Dear all anyone can comment on handling style of this car against the big guns.
Hi there, Ive just tested my newly built R10 on our track these weekend and i had my colected data over the past year racing with my Mugen MTX5 to compare against.

First I started with the box recommended set up and eventhough the car was drivebable with a very docile attitude, times where not up to my past registers, so I started the make some set-up corrections on saturday, improving all the time, until yesterday in which I hit the jackpot and i consistently started to register my best personal times ever on our track.

I used to be on the 16 highs seconds per lap and now im on the 15 highs seconds per lap over and over.....teh car is very planted and easy to drive, so it gives you confidence in going faster and faster...it is also very forgibable and easy to correct......clutch is very efective and consistent, not so the gear box on which i need to work a Little... maybe it neeeds more braking time.

Overall Im very impresed with the car and will see how ill do this sunday on the second race of our 2013 championship, against the XRays, Caps, Shepherds and Serpent.

By the way, another test I made was a back to back comparison between Enetti tyres i used to race and a newly Brand i got... Hot Race Tyres....winner hot Race tyres, I definetly recommend them.

Regards

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #233
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm View Post
Hi there, Ive just tested my newly built R10 on our track these weekend and i had my colected data over the past year racing with my Mugen MTX5 to compare against.

First I started with the box recommended set up and eventhough the car was drivebable with a very docile attitude, times where not up to my past registers, so I started the make some set-up corrections on saturday, improving all the time, until yesterday in which I hit the jackpot and i consistently started to register my best personal times ever on our track.

I used to be on the 16 highs seconds per lap and now im on the 15 highs seconds per lap over and over.....teh car is very planted and easy to drive, so it gives you confidence in going faster and faster...it is also very forgibable and easy to correct......clutch is very efective and consistent, not so the gear box on which i need to work a Little... maybe it neeeds more braking time.

Overall Im very impresed with the car and will see how ill do this sunday on the second race of our 2013 championship, against the XRays, Caps, Shepherds and Serpent.

By the way, another test I made was a back to back comparison between Enetti tyres i used to race and a newly Brand i got... Hot Race Tyres....winner hot Race tyres, I definetly recommend them.

Regards

AFM
AFM:

Good to hear, remember you use to be the G4 man
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #234
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Thanks everyone for replies... Bro's motor must be heavy as he would still need to add an extra 100g with the body
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #235
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
AFM:

Good to hear, remember you use to be the G4 man
Hey Bundy man.....yeah i use to deal TM products and did a lot to make them run decently....When leaving TM i wanted to go back to Mugen because my MTX3 was the best car i had so far, but seeing the problems they had with the spurs etc. i went to Kyosho, and then back to Mugen with the MTX5.....good car but not reliable...I had a year with more bad arces than good ones...car is capable but as i say fragile and not reliable.....lets see how things go with my HB R10...so far so good....Sunday is the rewal trst on a race.

Regrds
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:46 AM   #236
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm View Post
Hi there, Ive just tested my newly built R10 on our track these weekend and i had my colected data over the past year racing with my Mugen MTX5 to compare against.

First I started with the box recommended set up and eventhough the car was drivebable with a very docile attitude, times where not up to my past registers, so I started the make some set-up corrections on saturday, improving all the time, until yesterday in which I hit the jackpot and i consistently started to register my best personal times ever on our track.

I used to be on the 16 highs seconds per lap and now im on the 15 highs seconds per lap over and over.....teh car is very planted and easy to drive, so it gives you confidence in going faster and faster...it is also very forgibable and easy to correct......clutch is very efective and consistent, not so the gear box on which i need to work a Little... maybe it neeeds more braking time.

Overall Im very impresed with the car and will see how ill do this sunday on the second race of our 2013 championship, against the XRays, Caps, Shepherds and Serpent.

By the way, another test I made was a back to back comparison between Enetti tyres i used to race and a newly Brand i got... Hot Race Tyres....winner hot Race tyres, I definetly recommend them.

Regards

AFM
Thanks
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:02 AM   #237
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm View Post
Hey Bundy man.....yeah i use to deal TM products and did a lot to make them run decently....When leaving TM i wanted to go back to Mugen because my MTX3 was the best car i had so far, but seeing the problems they had with the spurs etc. i went to Kyosho, and then back to Mugen with the MTX5.....good car but not reliable...I had a year with more bad arces than good ones...car is capable but as i say fragile and not reliable.....lets see how things go with my HB R10...so far so good....Sunday is the rewal trst on a race.

Regrds
AFM
Sweet... good to have you on board! My weapon of choice at the moment is the Xray NT1 2013, but I am keeping a close on eye on the Hot Bodies as my brother has just started running one and he might actually beat me at the next meet if it all goes to plan!
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #238
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,385
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default Does anybody have???

Wow crickets in here! I dug this up from pg2. Wow I knew nobody would try this car......smh. Just cause its HPI, it's just synonymous with RTR Just like I knew no one would try a HK1 even tho it's the world champ, it's just to ugly
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #239
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Wow crickets in here! I dug this up from pg2. Wow I knew nobody would try this car......smh. Just cause its HPI, it's just synonymous with RTR Just like I knew no one would try a HK1 even tho it's the world champ, it's just to ugly
Well I allways thought the same way, but when i saw details of the car I decided to change from my MTX-5 to this R10......let me tell you it is a more than capable player in this class.....car is well designed, build up was a breeze, and track performance has made me improve my lap times since day one on the track....in my modest opinion this is the underdog in this class, and once you have it, build it, drive it, you forget it is an HPI

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #240
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Wow crickets in here! I dug this up from pg2. Wow I knew nobody would try this car......smh. Just cause its HPI, it's just synonymous with RTR Just like I knew no one would try a HK1 even tho it's the world champ, it's just to ugly
in my country only received 10 units of HK-1 WC at the moment,but all sold,waiting list somemore.
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rc crawler 2.2 savageboy69 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 12-27-2009 11:34 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:16 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net