NEW HB comp touring

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 03:03 AM
Suspended

nice
Old 11-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It looks like HPI/HB did their homework when putting this car together. Again, I see many queues from the other top manufacturers in this car. It is definitely an improvement over their R40 (which was more of a parking lot basher/club racer in its stock form). Glad to see that in the hands of some of the worlds best, it held its own against all the other manufacturers' cars, making it another viable choice in the sea of nitro tourers. Glad to see HPI/HB get back into the nitro touring game with a more capable vehicle this time.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
It looks like HPI/HB did their homework when putting this car together. Again, I see many queues from the other top manufacturers in this car. It is definitely an improvement over their R40 (which was more of a parking lot basher/club racer in its stock form). Glad to see that in the hands of some of the worlds best, it held its own against all the other manufacturers' cars, making it another viable choice in the sea of nitro tourers. Glad to see HPI/HB get back into the nitro touring game with a more capable vehicle this time.
The R40 is one of the easiest cars to work on, either front or back 6 screws and you have access to the diffs or front or rear lay shafts and they simply came out. And to date no one else has done a similar thing and made maintenance so simple.

I don't think it makes any difference what car Hara drove at the Worlds the result would have been the same.

Andrew
Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
The R40 is one of the easiest cars to work on, either front or back 6 screws and you have access to the diffs or front or rear lay shafts and they simply came out. And to date no one else has done a similar thing and made maintenance so simple.

I don't think it makes any difference what car Hara drove at the Worlds the result would have been the same.

Andrew
I agree on haras results, not to take anything from the r10. Cause I think it's a very good car, the video clearly shows the corner speed that the car generates......but I believe hara would have been top 3 with almost anything!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Teemu was untouchable all week with the R10. Real shame he had the problems he did.
Hara was fantastic and he would have been top 3 in any car for sure.

I for one have been very impressed by the R10 enough to want one!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

manual is online for anyone interested in having a closer look

http://www.hpieurope.com/manuals/pdf/108382.pdf
Old 12-05-2012, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Pulley count is the same as the Xray Nt1 / Capricorn C01 & C02 very interesting
Old 12-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Xray always said the internal gear ratio of the NT1 was the most efficient possible, if you've ever driven the NT1 it really does accelerate differently to other 200mm, especially if you've got all the low rotating mass options too!

I just got the 747 which has a different internal ratio, I'll be interested to see how it goes.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesHealey
Xray always said the internal gear ratio of the NT1 was the most efficient possible, if you've ever driven the NT1 it really does accelerate differently to other 200mm, especially if you've got all the low rotating mass options too!

I just got the 747 which has a different internal ratio, I'll be interested to see how it goes.
I've always notice that about the NT1. The NT1 accelerates differently than all other typical 200mm sedans(other than those cars that share the same internal ratio as the Nt1). I drive a 747 and it's fast. I've never driven the NT1 so I can not comment. But I believe there is something to the internal gear ratio of the NT1. I'm not sure how you judge effenciency in a gear train other than weight? Is there a certain gear ratio between driven and non-driven pullies in a gear train that yeilds optimal acceleration? I can hold my own against all of the Nt1's and Caps and Sheeps at my local track. Enjoy the ride!!!!

Pass you soon...

Pass you soon...
Old 12-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Teemu was untouchable all week with the R10. Real shame he had the problems he did.
Hara was fantastic and he would have been top 3 in any car for sure.

I for one have been very impressed by the R10 enough to want one!
Its funny, Teimu was let down by his LRP engine in the race and Hara was having engine/fuel consumption issues all week! Shows you how close to the edge everything is at that level.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

it is not all about the ratio it also has to do with leverage angles around the shaft by the belt remember a pulley it just a round lever
Old 12-08-2012, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azeroth
it is not all about the ratio it also has to do with leverage angles around the shaft by the belt remember a pulley it just a round lever
Great point.

Pass you soon...
Old 12-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azeroth
Everytime I read something like this I realize I am not smart enough for competition grade RC cars lol.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Has anyone got one yet? Looks like car has plastic wheel hexes and plastic sway bar mounts on the front.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Has anyone got one yet? Looks like car has plastic wheel hexes and plastic sway bar mounts on the front.
it does. just finished mine. the only down side so far are the hexes but very minor issue. i used extra serpent hexes i had. the orange match for an added bling if you're into that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.