Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
NEW HB comp touring >

NEW HB comp touring

NEW HB comp touring

Reply

Old 11-21-2012, 03:03 AM
  #106  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 23
Default

nice
adam777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:31 AM
  #107  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,488
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

It looks like HPI/HB did their homework when putting this car together. Again, I see many queues from the other top manufacturers in this car. It is definitely an improvement over their R40 (which was more of a parking lot basher/club racer in its stock form). Glad to see that in the hands of some of the worlds best, it held its own against all the other manufacturers' cars, making it another viable choice in the sea of nitro tourers. Glad to see HPI/HB get back into the nitro touring game with a more capable vehicle this time.
JLock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:26 PM
  #108  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,708
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JLock View Post
It looks like HPI/HB did their homework when putting this car together. Again, I see many queues from the other top manufacturers in this car. It is definitely an improvement over their R40 (which was more of a parking lot basher/club racer in its stock form). Glad to see that in the hands of some of the worlds best, it held its own against all the other manufacturers' cars, making it another viable choice in the sea of nitro tourers. Glad to see HPI/HB get back into the nitro touring game with a more capable vehicle this time.
The R40 is one of the easiest cars to work on, either front or back 6 screws and you have access to the diffs or front or rear lay shafts and they simply came out. And to date no one else has done a similar thing and made maintenance so simple.

I don't think it makes any difference what car Hara drove at the Worlds the result would have been the same.

Andrew
Bundy_Bear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 PM
  #109  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,465
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
The R40 is one of the easiest cars to work on, either front or back 6 screws and you have access to the diffs or front or rear lay shafts and they simply came out. And to date no one else has done a similar thing and made maintenance so simple.

I don't think it makes any difference what car Hara drove at the Worlds the result would have been the same.

Andrew
I agree on haras results, not to take anything from the r10. Cause I think it's a very good car, the video clearly shows the corner speed that the car generates......but I believe hara would have been top 3 with almost anything!
1evo RRR Driver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:16 AM
  #110  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
JamesHealey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Teemu was untouchable all week with the R10. Real shame he had the problems he did.
Hara was fantastic and he would have been top 3 in any car for sure.

I for one have been very impressed by the R10 enough to want one!
JamesHealey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 AM
  #111  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,708
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

manual is online for anyone interested in having a closer look

http://www.hpieurope.com/manuals/pdf/108382.pdf
Bundy_Bear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:11 AM
  #112  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,708
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Pulley count is the same as the Xray Nt1 / Capricorn C01 & C02 very interesting
Bundy_Bear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:56 AM
  #113  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
JamesHealey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Xray always said the internal gear ratio of the NT1 was the most efficient possible, if you've ever driven the NT1 it really does accelerate differently to other 200mm, especially if you've got all the low rotating mass options too!

I just got the 747 which has a different internal ratio, I'll be interested to see how it goes.
JamesHealey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
  #114  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (84)
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,975
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JamesHealey View Post
Xray always said the internal gear ratio of the NT1 was the most efficient possible, if you've ever driven the NT1 it really does accelerate differently to other 200mm, especially if you've got all the low rotating mass options too!

I just got the 747 which has a different internal ratio, I'll be interested to see how it goes.
I've always notice that about the NT1. The NT1 accelerates differently than all other typical 200mm sedans(other than those cars that share the same internal ratio as the Nt1). I drive a 747 and it's fast. I've never driven the NT1 so I can not comment. But I believe there is something to the internal gear ratio of the NT1. I'm not sure how you judge effenciency in a gear train other than weight? Is there a certain gear ratio between driven and non-driven pullies in a gear train that yeilds optimal acceleration? I can hold my own against all of the Nt1's and Caps and Sheeps at my local track. Enjoy the ride!!!!


Pass you soon...

Pass you soon...
lil-bump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:16 PM
  #115  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
jmcn r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jamaica/home - Miami/School
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JamesHealey View Post
Teemu was untouchable all week with the R10. Real shame he had the problems he did.
Hara was fantastic and he would have been top 3 in any car for sure.

I for one have been very impressed by the R10 enough to want one!
Its funny, Teimu was let down by his LRP engine in the race and Hara was having engine/fuel consumption issues all week! Shows you how close to the edge everything is at that level.
jmcn r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:01 PM
  #116  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
azeroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Da Burbs
Posts: 1,097
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JamesHealey View Post
Xray always said the internal gear ratio of the NT1 was the most efficient possible, if you've ever driven the NT1 it really does accelerate differently to other 200mm, especially if you've got all the low rotating mass options too!

I just got the 747 which has a different internal ratio, I'll be interested to see how it goes.
it is not all about the ratio it also has to do with leverage angles around the shaft by the belt remember a pulley it just a round lever
azeroth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:07 AM
  #117  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (84)
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,975
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by azeroth View Post
it is not all about the ratio it also has to do with leverage angles around the shaft by the belt remember a pulley it just a round lever
Great point.


Pass you soon...
lil-bump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:01 PM
  #118  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
jmcn r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jamaica/home - Miami/School
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by azeroth View Post
it is not all about the ratio it also has to do with leverage angles around the shaft by the belt remember a pulley it just a round lever
Everytime I read something like this I realize I am not smart enough for competition grade RC cars lol.
jmcn r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 AM
  #119  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,708
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone got one yet? Looks like car has plastic wheel hexes and plastic sway bar mounts on the front.
Bundy_Bear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:36 AM
  #120  
Tech Addict
 
Vince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: MD
Posts: 654
Default

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Has anyone got one yet? Looks like car has plastic wheel hexes and plastic sway bar mounts on the front.
it does. just finished mine. the only down side so far are the hexes but very minor issue. i used extra serpent hexes i had. the orange match for an added bling if you're into that.
Vince is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service