Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Curious, what brand additive is that?
Example: http://www.lefthander-rc.com/catalog...oducts_id=1279
Old 08-10-2011, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

ok thanks, i thought you maybe had some other industrial brand that is being used in real car racing or karts or maybe something else. I am not sure a normal can of tire sauce can last long when you have to apply it on 1/8 tires. Those are huge even compared to pro10 tires. But i might be mistaken.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:43 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
ok thanks, i thought you maybe had some other industrial brand that is being used in real car racing or karts or maybe something else. I am not sure a normal can of tire sauce can last long when you have to apply it on 1/8 tires. Those are huge even compared to pro10 tires. But i might be mistaken.
Youre mistaken, ever heared about injecting?
Old 08-10-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Nope? Please explain! It might be usefull for me.

ps:
i am sure it isn't as simple as injecting the juice in the tire with a syringe is it?
Old 08-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I say let them lay the groove on the track,then my unsauced tires will have something to grab
Now more seriously,do you remember when 1/10 nitro on road had standard non-turbo engines?Foams were slowly replacing the slicks I used to run and the amount of traction was well needed,then came the new rules giving some slack on engine modifications the foams were the only way to have grip,guess what happened when the engines are what they are nowadays and the foams are still yesterday tech.We have unrealistic bodies that generate a good amount of downforce,crazy expensive fast engines and the weaker link are tires,people seek development on tire technology,it won't be cheap that's for sure...
Old 08-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Pirani RC in cooperation with F.V.S.S. announce a new odourless tyre additive called Futura 2012. Suitable for both rubber and foam tyres as well as asphalt and carpet tracks, the traction compound already showed its performance during the 2nd round of the Italian 1/8 scale on-road championships. The additive is best applied three hours before the run and comes in handy airtight cans with application brush.

Source: F.V.S.S. [fvssrc.com] and Pirani RC [andreapirani.com]

Tire Sauce ... To Do or Not To Do-fvss-futura2012tyreadditive-400x308.jpg

It's really important to read the qoute from redrc above. EFRA is a joke. The five year ban gimmik, whatever LOL. The only thing not mentioned was the use of rubber gloves in the parking lot.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Is there anyhting i can sauce an old pair of tires with to bring them back???......they are dried out but look brand new and want to run them as they are mounted on rims for my Associated ball diff car..........any household chemical that could bring them back??
Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Come see me Matt.
Hey, tell me too
Old 08-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
It's really important to read the qoute from redrc above. EFRA is a joke. The five year ban gimmik, whatever LOL. The only thing not mentioned was the use of rubber gloves in the parking lot.
Speaking of rubber gloves...

http://www.rc-area.co.uk/blog/2011/0...in-luxembourg/
Old 08-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So I just stumbled on this thread and I'm kinda surprised no one told me about it. I know i'd have gotten a couple of angry phone calls.

I've been tracking a bunch of discussions about sauce and I've yet to have someone give me a good reason why tire traction additive is any different than changing shock oil, diff fluid, gear ratio, etc. In my opinion it is a tuning option and one that isn't very expensive one at that. I have a couple of suggestions to folks on this issue since we all care about things being fair and even not to mention keeping the hobby cheap.

My suggestions based on these conversations (pretty much regurgitating what people are saying):

1) Ban modified motors or better still ban motors more than 100$ I mean hell you only get .4 a lap anyway right so why bother... keep it cheap

2) Ban bodies that make you go fast, because it sucks buying a body today and then another one comes out and it gives you more corner speed so then you have to buy the new one and get it painted to be competitive.

3) Ban different shock oil, I mean really, why the hell should I spend all that time, not to mention money, trying different shock oil. If there is only one then guess what ... instant equity.

4) Ban different diff oils, same as above. I hate having to scrape the diff oil out and then put new one in to "see" if it will make me any faster ... why bother. Just have one so that way we just have to drive the car ... forget all that other stuff just wastes time. And I mean putting tire sauce on is WAY harder than changing diff fluid. As a matter of fact do like 1/8 does, ban diffs!

5) Ban different springs, who has the time or money to buy all those springs?! I mean why should someone be forced to think about all those different options. Oh and don't get me started with those guys that use springs from different kit manufacturers on their cars, that should not only be banned, but those people should be beaten ...

6) Ban lightweight anything ... it makes the hobby expensive right? So ban kevlar, aluminum, pullies diff gears etc (well if we ban diffs we won't have to worry about that). Who's idea were lightweight wheels!? You sneeze too hard and they break, and if they are light weight made from less material why do they cost more!!? Ban them ...

7) Oh and you know I was thinking to keep things really even we all really just need to run nitro tc3's, I mean why run different cars someone may have an advantage. With the same servo's, and radio, tires, body, fuel etc ... can't have someone having an advantage =D.

So hopefully through all this you all realize that I'm going way way over the top, but I feel like this is what I hear from racers when this topic comes up. One racer doesn't like what the other one has in their car so they immediately call for things to be "even". I don't like even, I want an advantage, that is why I run my Kyosho with lightweight parts, why I've worked hard on my setup(including different pistons, oils etc), I've spent time at the track practicing, and put aluminum hopups so my car is more durable and I run the Kruze etc. Racing isn't about even, never has been (really it's about me beating Dorian, but I digress), just ask the guys in F1 there are rules but each team interpreted them differently and Red Bull got it right and they are crushing the competition, I want to be Red Bull!

Anyway my 2 cents to each their own, if sauce makes you happy use it as long as it is not against the rules in my opinion.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Lord

One thing to think about......
In real racing a tire sauce is not used so why use it in scale racing?

Look, talking about it, discuss the cons and pros is good but as it is done on the EC is not good, the guys who were using sauced tires were acting against the rules and should be punished, nothing more and nothing less. If you want to use sauced tires then you first have to try to change the rules before using it.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Italy allows it, EFRA and IFMAR have banned it.
I was being sarcastic sean
Old 08-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Bull. Every form of real racing that bans sauce, has never ending controversy about it. Remember just a few years ago when everyone was claiming Ferrari were soaking their tires?

Even the local oval track has to deal with it. It is illegal, yet everyone that runs well has a rolling machine in their garage with brand new tires rolling around in the sauce. If there is even a tiny advantage and no way to reliably tech for it, it WILL be done.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
I wouldn't be so sure about that.
In real racing it's also illegal to sauce tires, but that doesn't mean it does not happen.
In most of the more professional racing series teams need to buy their tires at the track and they are kept in parc ferme until 30 minutes before the pre-starting grid.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
In most of the more professional racing series teams need to buy their tires at the track and they are kept in parc ferme until 30 minutes before the pre-starting grid.
I am sure that this will be the only solution for international races.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by YmeBP
So I just stumbled on this thread and I'm kinda surprised no one told me about it. I know i'd have gotten a couple of angry phone calls.

Anyway my 2 cents to each their own, if sauce makes you happy use it as long as it is not against the rules in my opinion.
Man you almost had my conviced!! But the thing is springs we change once or twice during a 3 day racing WE, and we don't throw them away once we're done with it. Shock oil is rarely changed... or for maintenance. And I'm running 1/8, so diff I don't have that problem.

Some sauce manufacturer say it has to be applied 3 hours before use!!! I hope i'll never have a qualifying heat at 8 in the morning.... that means saucing my tires at 5 in the morning!! No Way!! But i'll be 0.4 slower...

Ok for those guys who have a professional mechanic or are professionnal drivers, but for gentlemen drivers like me, No way...
In France we have 2 classes Elite and Nationals, let's say it's semi pros and amateurs. Well I'm in the amateur class and I make A mains once in while, and in a 5 round championship I'm in the top ten, that's a lot of fun!

We use 5 to 7 sets of tires per WE, saucing them we'll be a pain in the ....

So let's go for "Parc ferme", like in miami. The problem is for organisers... No more radio impound but tire impound now!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.