2011 Onroad Nationals @ Chaplin Connecticut

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Onroad Nationals @ Chaplin Connecticut

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

I'm staying at the Passport Inn. Its right across the street from the track. I just want to work on my car and sleep.
Passport Inn
(860) 455-9588

I'm paying 57.00 a night for the Nova Rossi race this weekend.

I have to comment on the complaining about practice fees.
My wife and I have spent our money building our track and it amazes me that some of you complain about 20 bucks. Now that we are on the other side of the costs of racing we now understand. These facilities don't just fall out of the sky. Someones pays for them and its not cheap.

I road raced for 20 years and did the AMA Nationals and if we wanted to practice on Thurs before the race started it would cost a min of $200.00 in the end it was a $1000.00 for the day---tires, race fuel etc.

I guess I look at things a bit different. If you want to race it will cost you X if you can't afford X you have to make changes. Its very simple remember when you think about going to the bar--don't go. That alone will save you Thursday practice and tire money right there.

For those that still complain I will gladly pay for your practice if you pay our bill for building a place for you to race your car.

Kenny, Thank you and I will gladly pay my $20.00 and buy you a beer when we are done.

Greg Esser (Nugget's Ranch Raceway)

Last edited by gesser26; 07-05-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
Control Freakz Raceway is a commerical track. In order for the track to be open, Kenny has to pay people to be there. Other tracks are club run. To have a club track open all you need are a few volunteers to be there.

And have you ever seen the cost of real estate in Connecticut???

This is an excellent track, and they have been adding some things to make it better (computer monitor in the pit lane). This will be a good event.
So there will be paid marshalls??? ""commerical track""

And out of the $85 how much does a track get...half?
150 enter to race and les say he gets half thats $6000 (roar gets 6750)

75 pit spots $95 per spot from the 17th to Finish( I am guessing there is more spots) $7100

So best guess is 13,100??? I dunno how he will get buy making that.
I am sure they will sell food of some sort
I am sure they sell some kind of parts

I will hand my money over just like all the rest of you. Just saying some of you(ROAR) need to look at this and take note.

As for its a ""commerical track"" all of the onroad race tracks are, infact all RC tracks are, be it a club or a "commerical track" they are all in it to stay open, and improve there track. so thats a mute point to be made.

all of that said looking forward to the nats the last one I went to was in 1993 It was a really nice track with pit space under circus tents
Old 07-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Please stop the complaining.
I know for a fact that the Ives have spent more money in the last 2 years on this facility than most of us spent on our homes.
Complaining is only goin to discourage them.
Us here in the north east really want this track here to stay.
If you think 13 grand really makes a dent in 200k than you need to consider that you will likely take the next 30 years to pay for your home. If you can't afford this race than maybe consider what Kenny and Jessica are feeling having to hear about all of the complaints. None of this is free for them.
Please do not post negative remarks around cost. You have no idea how far out of their way they have gone for us. Not only in money but time.
Hats off to the whole Ives family for going above and beyond.
I helped run the nercar club for years out of parking lots. This track is the best thing to happen to Rc in the north east.
Respectfully
Andrew Nicholas

Last edited by AndrewNicholas; 07-05-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

With that being said guys lets just end this.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

This is how it is if you can't afford it or have a problem paying 20 to practice don't come that's it. I pay and I'm a regular and I don't complain about it.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I cant believe some of you are complaining about how much money the track makes!!

You know, everybody has to make a living, and I doubt that any track owners actually live off the track fees, and if they do, great! It means we get to have a track to race on!!

Here in california we have NO permanent onroad tracks left, and then I have to drive 1 hour to get to the closest one, that is only setup 2 times a month on a parking lot.

STOP COMPLAINING PEOPLE!!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

David Larry and Martin Johnson entered. Team Field Filler. We try and make everyone else look good. Looking foward to racing at this track.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
So there will be paid marshalls??? ""commerical track""

And out of the $85 how much does a track get...half?
150 enter to race and les say he gets half thats $6000 (roar gets 6750)

75 pit spots $95 per spot from the 17th to Finish( I am guessing there is more spots) $7100

So best guess is 13,100??? I dunno how he will get buy making that.
I am sure they will sell food of some sort
I am sure they sell some kind of parts

I will hand my money over just like all the rest of you. Just saying some of you(ROAR) need to look at this and take note.

As for its a ""commerical track"" all of the onroad race tracks are, infact all RC tracks are, be it a club or a "commerical track" they are all in it to stay open, and improve there track. so thats a mute point to be made.

all of that said looking forward to the nats the last one I went to was in 1993 It was a really nice track with pit space under circus tents
Oh my god,
Are you kidding? Maybe you should pony up and build an r/c facility and then do the math.
Kenny, make that a few beers when we are done.
Judging by all of this only a few have a clue as to what is involved.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gesser26
Oh my god,
Are you kidding? Maybe you should pony up and build an r/c facility and then do the math.

Well said Greg
Old 07-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewNicholas
Please stop the complaining.
I know for a fact that the Ives have spent more money in the last 2 years on this facility than most of us spent on our homes.
Complaining is only goin to discourage them.
Us here in the north east really want this track here to stay.
If you think 13 grand really makes a dent in 200k than you need to consider that you will likely take the next 30 years to pay for your home. If you can't afford this race than maybe consider what Kenny and Jessica are feeling having to hear about all of the complaints. None of this is free for them.
Please do not post negative remarks around cost. You have no idea how far out of their way they have gone for us. Not only in money but time.
Hats off to the whole Ives family for going above and beyond.
I helped run the nercar club for years out of parking lots. This track is the best thing to happen to Rc in the north east.
Respectfully
Andrew Nicholas
I think that was very well said sir.

I'm sure most of our cars have had $1000+ dropped on them, so what's another $85? I will gladly pay that fee and whatever else will come my way.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

as the recent host of the 2011 Carpet Nat's ROAR only pays $1500 for the first 125 entries, I believe $500 more for over 150, and then $30 each for any above 200.... it's in the RMT guidelines...

Let me tell ya.... 221 entries at the Nat’s $2800 Our facility is unique but I will tell ya it was not a real windfall for us....

I will also be a participant at this race who will gladly hand over a little cash to these track owner and thank them greatly for hosting the event...
Old 07-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gesser26
Oh my god,

Hey, Toledo had the roar nats, not once, but twice.

It is considered a really nice on-road track

How many of you came?

How many of you went to Cinci and ran the worlds not once, but twice

It was world class and considered a really nice on-road track

How many of you been to Ft Myers??? how many race the forgas race the week before the winter nats, and then race the winter nats?? what was it 20 bucks for WEEK for pits.

How many of you paid for there extra's at those tracks??? I know they ask a little bit like 20 bucks for a week for those pit spots thats for a week

""Please stop the complaining."" comments are the best.

This is a forum its ment for discussion of topics and this is a topic,
and for talking over valid points.

I think anyone saying please stop complaining is really the one that is complaining themselfs.

Gesser i am not going to argue with you, Like i said I will be the one paying it just like the rest of you all.

I just for the life of me dont remeber a track doing this, please if i am wrong point out an other instance of it so i can stop complaining
Old 07-06-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

How many of you came?

How many of you been to Ft Myers??? how many race the forgas race the week before the winter nats, and then race the winter nats?? what was it 20 bucks for WEEK for pits.

How many of you paid for there extra's at those tracks??? I know they ask a little bit like 20 bucks for a week for those pit spots thats for a week

I think anyone saying please stop complaining is really the one that is complaining themselfs.

Gesser i am not going to argue with you, Like i said I will be the one paying it just like the rest of you all.

I just for the life of me dont remeber a track doing this, please if i am wrong point out an other instance of it so i can stop complaining
Well Said. +1 for Toledo.

I will be paying it also, but I can see both sides.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Contr...56985444335468

Facebook page updated.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How many of you came?

Jeff,

I understand your argument about the fees but aren't the tracks you mentioned either on state property or someone else's property? Were these tracks financed by the state or some other entity?

In this case, this track and property were financed by one person and one person only so I am not sure if comparing all of the tracks you mentioned to Control Freakz is a valid argument.

Alex Frank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.