Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: front diff

Originally posted by dameetz
I m using one at the moment. The kit includes the front diff casing however you have to buy the bevel gears and the outdrive cup. I use my extra bevel gears that I have from my Evo, I also use Mugen Diff outdrive cup with it, which is a perfect fit. You will also have to put bearing spacer/shim on both side of the bearing to get rid of the lateral play when you are done putting it in between the bulkheads. FYI I use my FW's extra diff bearing spacer.
have you tried using the regular front diff on the v-one rrr?? how does it handle???

Last edited by doki_doki; 10-02-2004 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: front diff

Originally posted by dameetz
I m using one at the moment. The kit includes the front diff casing however you have to buy the bevel gears and the outdrive cup. I use my extra bevel gears that I have from my Evo, I also use Mugen Diff outdrive cup with it, which is a perfect fit. You will also have to put bearing spacer/shim on both side of the bearing to get rid of the lateral play when you are done putting it in between the bulkheads. FYI I use my FW's extra diff bearing spacer.
thanks bro...
Old 10-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Default Changes?

Are these changes made to the RRR or does this show difference between the foam and rubber tire edition? Perhaps someone understand Japanese can answer the question? (photo from the Tokyo hobby show from www.teamjoybox.com)

Old 10-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Looks as if those changes are for a rubber tire car. The front diff, thinner rear sway bar and more upright rear shock positions all point in that direction.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

I did an afternoon of testing comparing the RRR and the FW05R. Here are some observations:

1. The RRR has tons of more steering throughout, although I had to soften the front anti-roll bar (kit setting being the stiffest).

2. The car is very very nimble probably due to its lower weight. On the flip side, this came at the price of stablilty. The FW feels like it's on rails when taking a turn while the RRR always feels like being on the edge of back end coming out.

3. The RRR seems very balanced that I can easily control the car during a slide. I often come out of a corner too strong and all four will break loose on power but controllable so you can stay on the throttle until the tires regain traction. The FW on the other hand seldom break loose but once it does it's hard to recover.

4. Acceleration and top end seems comparable. However, the FW is running a NSR and the RRR is running a JP FX and the gearings are all different.

5. RRR does seem a bit more fragile than the FW. I broke a rear upright just from scraping the wall while passing on the straight.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: Changes?

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Are these changes made to the RRR or does this show difference between the foam and rubber tire edition? Perhaps someone understand Japanese can answer the question? (photo from the Tokyo hobby show from www.teamjoybox.com)

Jefferylin: Are these an aftermarket option or will Kyosho eventually release a Rubber version of the V1RRR?

I currently have a TM G4, one of the major differences i have noticed between these two cars is the G4 allows for a more vertical shock option on both it's front an rear shock towers. V1RRR look more designed for foams by having it's shocks leaning over more

Let the discussion begin... no flame, just an observation
Old 10-04-2004, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Changes?

Originally posted by Bundy_Bear
Jefferylin: Are these an aftermarket option or will Kyosho eventually release a Rubber version of the V1RRR?

I currently have a TM G4, one of the major differences i have noticed between these two cars is the G4 allows for a more vertical shock option on both it's front an rear shock towers. V1RRR look more designed for foams by having it's shocks leaning over more

kyosho is releasing a rubber tire version of the v1rrr.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jeffreylin
I did an afternoon of testing comparing the RRR and the FW05R. Here are some observations:

1. The RRR has tons of more steering throughout, although I had to soften the front anti-roll bar (kit setting being the stiffest).

2. The car is very very nimble probably due to its lower weight. On the flip side, this came at the price of stablilty. The FW feels like it's on rails when taking a turn while the RRR always feels like being on the edge of back end coming out.

3. The RRR seems very balanced that I can easily control the car during a slide. I often come out of a corner too strong and all four will break loose on power but controllable so you can stay on the throttle until the tires regain traction. The FW on the other hand seldom break loose but once it does it's hard to recover.

4. Acceleration and top end seems comparable. However, the FW is running a NSR and the RRR is running a JP FX and the gearings are all different.

5. RRR does seem a bit more fragile than the FW. I broke a rear upright just from scraping the wall while passing on the straight.
thanks for the input bro...by the way,when you tested the v-one rrr is it box stock??? what kind of diff did you use up front???
Old 10-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by doki_doki
thanks for the input bro...by the way,when you tested the v-one rrr is it box stock??? what kind of diff did you use up front???
the only mod being the UJs front and rear and the carbon front shock tower. i have front one-way and 30k rear per kit setting.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Changes?

Originally posted by Bundy_Bear

Look at the new rubber tire type rear shock tower in the above pic. There are more vertical shock setting options available. You have found out what difference it makes huh Now you know why Kyosho is doing it
Old 10-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Jeff, I also used 30k in the rear diff initially and found that the rear was on the edge of grip. I have now changed to 10k and it seems to hook up much more solidly. Just a thought. I also found in both my fw and the new RRRthat the kyosho shock diaphrams leaked after very little time. I have changed to the trf tamiya flat diaphrams and they hold the oil much much better.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcosmax
Hey Jeff, I also used 30k in the rear diff initially and found that the rear was on the edge of grip. I have now changed to 10k and it seems to hook up much more solidly. Just a thought. I also found in both my fw and the new RRRthat the kyosho shock diaphrams leaked after very little time. I have changed to the trf tamiya flat diaphrams and they hold the oil much much better.
Thanks rcosmax. I will try a lighter rear diff, although I had to go up to 15k on my FW for the same track to gain on power steering.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

np. The front overdrive seems to be able to handle the lighter rear oil. Maybe 15k is a good inbetween compromise. For me the 10k seems to be working well though. much more stable and i can full throtle out of even tight corners and not to worry about spinning.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Changes?

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Look at the new rubber tire type rear shock tower in the above pic. There are more vertical shock setting options available. You have found out what difference it makes huh Now you know why Kyosho is doing it
I am learning slowly from those wise tutors

It would be a very wise move by Kyosho to offer a product specifically for those nitro drivers that run on rubbers.

Has anyone seen them available yet in stores????

BB
Old 10-05-2004, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.