Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Wow!!! That's a ton of racing! Excluding break-in, I use 1.5 to 2 gallons per season! Well, no wonder they're wearing out so fast. Dude, you're killin' those poor cars! I'd hate to see your tire bill! Are you running back to back tanks, regularly? You're probably not allowing the metals sufficient time to cool. Still, 2 - 3 races seems too quick for those parts to wear out. How long are the mains?
As Francis said, the main could be 40 minutes (if I make the A). Even one day club races the mains are 20-30 minutes. Tire wear is really not an issue at Revelation since the traction is so high there is very little wear running 45/42 or 42/42.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I haven't noticed any such wear, at all. Flat spots and notches after 2 - 3 races??? This sounds like excessive wear to the extreme. That's really strange don't you think? What has Kyosho said about it? Could it be the adjustment cams for the belts in the bulkheads (the diff might be slanted in the bulkhead, causing the premature wear)? It's fairly easy to offset the notches when assembling / adjusting the diffs in the bulkheads.
Yes i do think its strange actually. The quality of Kyosho cars and parts in the past has been second to none which i why we are surpised with the durability of the current car. Hopefully Kyosho will take this on board and make the necessary changes that are required, which im sure they will do in due course.

Like i said before the cars a very good car its just high maintaince to keep it at the right level.

Regards

Kyle
Old 01-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyle Hazell
The quality of Kyosho cars and parts in the past has been second to none which i why we are surpised with the durability of the current car.
kyle,
this is what I was getting at in my earlier post. These are the same parts used on the last two or three nitro kits (VoneR, VoneRR, VoneRR Evo), aren't they? Did this happen with those cars, too? I had the Evo and didn't have those issues then either. Although, I didn't race it nearly as much as you guys.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

kyle,
this is what I was getting at in my earlier post. These are the same parts used on the last two or three nitro kits (VoneR, VoneRR, VoneRR Evo), aren't they? Did this happen with those cars, too?
The metal is the same but I think the power in today's engines are finally reaching the fatigue threshold of the metal.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would go through a pair of outdrives every 3 days. Which is a total of about 90 min. of running.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I would go through a pair of outdrives every 3 days. Which is a total of about 90 min. of running.
Sheesh! What engines are you guys using?!

Would it be safe to say that if, the team drivers were having these same issues, that Kyosho would've have addressed it by now? These guys have been running the sickest engines around for years, right? I'm sure they run really long mains and do tons of testing too.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Wait a minute... doesn't Kyosho make titanium universals for Vone series? If, so, are they still available?
Old 01-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Or maybe check your track width it might be 2 long.
I been running the WCE since August & have not had that problem.
When I had the 710 I had the same problem every qualifier the outdrives would crack. What i did to resolve the problem I used some O rings & a little grease & problem solved.
Majority time that this happens is the dogbones have to much play in the outdrive & at high speed the dogbone is bouncing around causing the wear.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Yep thats about right, 90 mins of racing, if your a cheap skate you can run them a little longer.

When you say the material used on the current outdrives is the same as they previously used, is this something you have confirmed with Kyosho or is it just speculation??

My guess is, (and i may be wrong) but i think the material used is actaully softer. I dont remember having this problem back in the Evo days to tell you the truth. You are right about engine performance, its very good these days, but i dont think there have been massive performance increases over say the last year.

For me its one of 2 problems, either the material used is not as good as previously used, or the design of the component, ie outdrive and dogbone needs the be reviewed. One think i think kyosho could do is lengthen the pin in the dog bone, this would help short term. If you look at the outdrive when its worn you will see what i mean.

Regards

Kyle
Old 01-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 710baby
Or maybe check your track width it might be 2 long.
I been running the WCE since August & have not had that problem.
When I had the 710 I had the same problem every qualifier the outdrives would crack. What i did to resolve the problem I used some O rings & a little grease & problem solved.
Majority time that this happens is the dogbones have to much play in the outdrive & at high speed the dogbone is bouncing around causing the wear.
I think you've got it, 710baby. I kept thinking, that, there had to be something that was causing such excessive wear. Its just too abnormal.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

I think you've got it, 710baby. I kept thinking, that, there had to be something that was causing such excessive wear. Its just too abnormal.
Nah track witdth is not the problem, i don't people would be to happy if we tried to run at say 205mm.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

You are right about engine performance, its very good these days, but i dont think there have been massive performance increases over say the last year.
Kyle, I was thinking the same thing. We've had really high reving engines for years. Granted, they're a little more powerful now and there are a lot more of these types avail., now, too. They've been around as long as these parts. So it shouldn't be an engine issue.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Nah track witdth is not the problem, i don't people would be to happy if we tried to run at say 205mm.
Im at 199 front 200 rear
what up Quinn thinking of going to the kyosho cup will I see you there
Old 01-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 710baby
Im at 199 front 200 rear
what up Quinn thinking of going to the kyosho cup will I see you there
Same 199/200
Old 01-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Sheesh! What engines are you guys using?!

Would it be safe to say that if, the team drivers were having these same issues, that Kyosho would've have addressed it by now? These guys have been running the sickest engines around for years, right? I'm sure they run really long mains and do tons of testing too.
I am not a team driver but I replace the outdrive regularly. It's almost the first thing I check when preparing for a race. I'd imagine the team drivers probably replace them even more often. In fact, I would probably use a brand new car every 6 month if I was a team driver. It does make a difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.