Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by choisan
only 1 bad thing for the 3r, the long belt is touching the exhaust, no matter how low we make the belt tensioner. the belt got some bubble burnt, he replaced 3 belts already. but this car is very mtx3 feel(my opinion), the rear end is really willing to turn but stable.
i see... maybe the engine sits to low on the chassis...from the looks on the pictures on the kyosho website, the belt is almost touching the rear exhaust of the engine. how much more if the manifold is already installed.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

is there a front diff available for the car

choisan- the exhaust problem you have encountered may just be the make/type you are using, different makes run different sized manifolds, if its a short one, the bends can be quite tight and cause problems
Old 09-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

I noiced they got rid of the floating rear too. Can I use parts to convert my rr to a RRR rear? Which parts?
Old 09-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

I know rc-mushroom.com has the v-one rrr listed on their website.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Yes, I have this kit in hand and have been racing it. I think it was released in japan in mid august. Here in japan there are 2 versions:
1 the engineless kit including carbon uperdeck, alloy with insert pillow balls, carbon rear stay, both one way and front diff, and every peice of plastic on it is carbon composite except for switch holder and a few other small pieces. I picked up this one for about 26000 japanese yen
2 the sirio engine kit, this kit is around 52000 japanese yen and has all of the above but also a new sirio evo II (i believe) and manifold mufler etc.

3? I hear there may be a newer version with a four stroke engine included? I am not interested in this one though so havent looked into it.

The rear stay does look flimsy to me as it mounts with only 2 screws....but i have had a couple of high speed rolls, courtesy of lapped traffic, and it has held up with no problems.

The manifold rubs on the belt at the engine/manifold flange. This is more apparent with zac/rossi pipe manifold combos. I have noticed that the bottom of my zac mani flange has a flat edge that would allow belt clearance mounting it so that the pipe is on a sloping angle lined this flat spot up with the belt and stopped the rub. There could be two other ways to stop this...#1 is grind of a bit of the flange it isnt much that wears only a tiny bit on the trailing edge of the flange...... or #2 would be to go to a kyosho type manifold which are much slimmer than the flared rossi style mani. You could also use an engine mount that isnt so low profile.

As for the app I havent switched. The stock one is fine for me and i only tap my brakes a few times a lap so i dont have fade problems. You would need to make sure you bought an oval mounting style disk as opposed to the pin type mount. as far as mounting the pads just bolt them on.

The fw-05r is a tank. very heavy but also very tough......I have actually driven through a mugen (by accident and very bad for the mugen) and only popped off a knuckle and a bent shaft. The only weak part on the car is the front bulk/stay. But like i said it doesnt fit my driving style at all. I have one for sale if anyone wants it, with many many spare parts and options. pm if interested.

The 3r is lighter than the evo aswell... 3R has all composite parts. It is actually under roar weight and needs 3 to 4 quarters to bring it up to weight. How often are we having to add weight to a car? this is very nice.

It isnt even a choice as far as I am concerned, the RRR over the other kyoshos. It has the same feel as a mugen but is 400 dollars cheaper and much easier to work on.
I will try to get some pics up this weekend.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

i am about to build my RRR, are there any tips to building this car? anything the instructions dont point out etc? thanks!
Old 09-22-2004, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

I thought the reason for throttle lay down servo is to lower the cg.But when I saw the rrr , kyosho places the battery below the fuel tank thus does not make the car any lower then rr evo.Am I right or wrong??
Old 09-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Do the K-factory parts for the rr work on ther rrr.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jnims29
Completely new car ... completely new parts.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

I see. Just Curious.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jnims29
Do try the new hubs on your RR, the fronts are incredible. Still playing with the rears but I see others are liking it a lot.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Team RTR:

1) Replace the 3x3 grub screw that hold the front roll bar to 3x6, if possible replace all the self-tapping screw to machine screws as they hold better.

2) Take note of the orientation of rear adjustable ring when installing the diff.

3) The front arm will be tight after installation, don't worry too much it wil be able to drop on it own weight after running the car.

4) The new 4D clutch spring are longer thus require less tension, the instruction mentioned 1.2mm, but I find it a little too tight, you may want to try at 1mm.

5) The car only come with 4 x 1mm plastic clip (2 on each arm) for adjusting the caster, however the upper seem to be very loose. I am running with 3 x 1mm each side.

6) If you are ruuning Mazda 6, you have to mount the rear body mount to the front so that the post are clear from the wing stud.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Joehwee
Team RTR:

1) Replace the 3x3 grub screw that hold the front roll bar to 3x6, if possible replace all the self-tapping screw to machine screws as they hold better.

2) Take note of the orientation of rear adjustable ring when installing the diff.

3) The front arm will be tight after installation, don't worry too much it wil be able to drop on it own weight after running the car.

4) The new 4D clutch spring are longer thus require less tension, the instruction mentioned 1.2mm, but I find it a little too tight, you may want to try at 1mm.

5) The car only come with 4 x 1mm plastic clip (2 on each arm) for adjusting the caster, however the upper seem to be very loose. I am running with 3 x 1mm each side.

6) If you are ruuning Mazda 6, you have to mount the rear body mount to the front so that the post are clear from the wing stud.
thanks alot.. would you reccomend running a 3mm drillbit through the arms just to free them up a bit? also the setting instructions taht came with my car are japanese. unfortunately i cannot read this so would someone be generous enough to post the kit setup?

thank heaps!
Old 09-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks for that very helpful information guys...still waiting here in the Philippines when will this kit arrive. am already excited to get one...
Old 09-23-2004, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Team RTR, here is one of the english setup sheets.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
v_one_rrr_setupeng.pdf (167.7 KB, 1449 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.